I found Oak Island story written before Lagina's found out about it.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
but what if the significant thing has already been found?....

Then sure : The "treasure" proponents would be ENTIRELY CORRECT . If, as you suggest, a treasure existed, yet was previously removed, then yes: The nay-sayer/skeptics are left very much red-faced, wrong, stupid, etc.....

I TOTALLY AGREE !

Ok, now please alert us to the evidence that a treasure was "already found". So that I (and fellow skeptics) can quickly go eat crow. I will most certainly and quickly be the first to do so.

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So the original legend has to be looked at as eye witness testimony. Until you can disprove the witnesses, it remains factual.

I saw a leprechaun riding a unicorn. That's eye witness testimony, and an absolute fact until you can disprove it.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe...Or Could It Have Been The Ale?

I saw a leprechaun riding a unicorn. That's eye witness testimony, and an absolute fact until you can disprove it.

Leprechan pic.jpg

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
Facts, reason, logic, and evidence are mere speed bumps to a mind that wants to believe.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2

And so too are there VERY SINCERE people who believe they have been abducted by aliens. Or that they are Napoleon. Or saw Elvis or Bigfoot last week, etc... And in each and every case: They are 100% sincere.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread