Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
why is there so many structures in the drained cove ?all that work for nothing and done by hand ....WHY..just as a 17th century hoax ?.......HELLO

Not a hoax, but not treasure either, the most significant clue was the ships log from the French captain, it is obvious to me that the whole operation on Oak Island was to house stores in preparation for war. The money pit was made to house powder and munitions. The booby trap was to 1. Keep the munitions from falling into the hands of the British, simply flood the pit and its done. The depth was to protect the troops on the island in the event that the munitions somehow exploded.
this means that there must be, or must have been a back door, probably located in the swamp.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
Not a hoax, but not treasure either, the most significant clue was the ships log from the French captain, it is obvious to me that the whole operation on Oak Island was to house stores in preparation for war. The money pit was made to house powder and munitions. The booby trap was to 1. Keep the munitions from falling into the hands of the British, simply flood the pit and its done. The depth was to protect the troops on the island in the event that the munitions somehow exploded.

How were munitions normally stored back then? Why did they do it differently in this case? I'm not saying that you're right or wrong, but if your theory is that military people performed an administrative process completely differently than what was normal and how they were trained to, you'll need to explain why if you want others to buy in to your theory.

On a logical note, if the powder was stored in a hole (not the way that powder was normally stored back then, BTW) in order to protect against an explosion, and I wanted to get rid of that powder in a hurry, why not simply cause it to explode? Why bother with elaborate booby traps?

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
True, powder was not normally stored in a hole, however, powder was stored in limited amounts to minimize collateral damage if it did explode, that is difficult to do in secret on an island.
It is just a theory, maybe we will find out if the brothers ever get that far.

Caryl

Feb 2, 2008
munitions were totally stored in bunker situations during this time period

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
True, powder was not normally stored in a hole, however, powder was stored in limited amounts to minimize collateral damage if it did explode, that is difficult to do in secret on an island.
It is just a theory, maybe we will find out if the brothers ever get that far.

On a logical note, if the powder was stored in a hole (not the way that powder was normally stored back then, BTW) in order to protect against an explosion, and I wanted to get rid of that powder in a hurry, why not simply cause it to explode? Why bother with elaborate booby traps?

This remains a head-scratcher.

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
why is there so many structures in the drained cove ?all that work for nothing and done by hand ....WHY..just as a 17th century hoax ?.......HELLO

I suppose that it's understandable that people will assume that everything on OI will have to do with "depositors" and searchers, given that whatever knowledge they have of the island is gained from the show. Those structures can be explained by the industries located on the island at that time ... fishing and farming. Boats needed to be hauled up for repairs, boats needed to be loaded and unloaded, etc...

TN13

Feb 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I won't even go in to the theories of the moon landing being a hoax..

The difference being that the fact that WWI did happen is not a theory, nor is the moon landing. Theories are just...theories...unless proven repeatedly to be correct.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The difference being that the fact that WWI did happen is not a theory, nor is the moon landing. Theories are just...theories...unless proven repeatedly to be correct.

I was really just trying to show how virtually anything can be questioned.. side note. The folks that think the moonlanding was a hoax do believe they have proved it over and over again...just saying.....

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On tonight's drilling down episode, they talk about anomalies found in the swamp. Sounds worth exploring ... with someone else's money!

Excellent tribute to Dan Blankenship.

And the coming of Season 7.

PS What do you think Dan's doing now ... speaking with all the past Knights Templars he can find and asking them what the heck they did on Oak Island?

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
like a never ending soap but addictive

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
PS What do you think Dan's doing now ...

Probably pretty much the same thing as he was doing before he was born. :dontknow:

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have from a "reliable source" that season 7 will be introducing this new piece of tech..

thunderbirds_mole-1024x576.jpg

I believe the plan to dig there own flood tunnel and drain the ocean

It even gets its own National Geographic edition about it.

market.jpg

I believe the thinking goes if they drain the ocean the problem of water to the pit will stop...

Here is an early release picture of their trials (undisclosed location)

maxresdefault.jpg

Cannot wait for season 7 (or was that Season 8)

tenor.gif

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good for him. Now four have made money off Oak Island.

The Lagina brothers, the History Channel and a scam artist . . . but I repeat myself.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good for him. Now four have made money off Oak Island.

The Lagina brothers, the History Channel and a scam artist . . . but I repeat myself.
You forgot the drilling company and "The Detonators" (blasting company)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread