Oak Island Tours for 2019 are sold out already!

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oak Island, the reality series, is a for profit production, that averages 2.6 million viewers per week. With those viewers comes paid advertisers. Money is no longer an obstacle to digging all the holes they want....

That means we will certainly see a season 7. I do wish they'd just excavate a huge area centered around the probable original locations and just get it over with. The technology exists today to do it safely.

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That means we will certainly see a season 7. I do wish they'd just excavate a huge area centered around the probable original locations and just get it over with. The technology exists today to do it safely.
Yep.. It can be done by freezing the ground... It is how they dig subways in Hong Kong when there is water where they are digging.

Ground freezing works in much the same way as an ice freezer – double-walled pipes known as freezing lances are lowered into the ground to carry refrigerants through the soil at the site.

Home_Page.jpg

https://tunnelingonline.com/soilfreeze-tsi-team-ground-freezing-solutions/

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its weekends ONLY and every other weekend per group, during the touring season, so your math is WAY off.

Lets say its a 6 month season, thats 26 weekends x $8,000 = $208,000 a year total between both companies. Subtract business expenses and taxes at about 75% (high estimate) and your left with around $52,000 to share between the two companies, maybe 31k for one and 21k for the other. Thats great money for only working two days a week during the summer but not enough to live off of

I stand corrected, but the interpretive center and gift shop is open daily and no doubt brings in a fair amount. Regardless, the for profit reality series with its weekly 2.6 million average viewers and corresponding paid advertisers trumps any gift shop & tours and no doubt generates significant revenue for both the show and its reality subjects (I won't call them actors, but it's long been known that reality TV shows are very involved in what we see on the show). There is huge financial incentive (Millions of incentives no doubt) to keep the legend alive!

Caryl

Feb 2, 2008
I stand corrected, but the interpretive center and gift shop is open daily and no doubt brings in a fair amount. Regardless, the for profit reality series with its weekly 2.6 million average viewers and corresponding paid advertisers trumps any gift shop & tours and no doubt generates significant revenue for both the show and its reality subjects (I won't call them actors, but it's long been known that reality TV shows are very involved in what we see on the show). There is huge financial incentive (Millions of incentives no doubt) to keep the legend alive!
Agree. The OP about the tour frequency read as if it was every day, twice a day, and then the two companies took turns with control every other weekend.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread