The Knights Templar connection to Oak Island (if it's possible)

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I see you have shifted into reverse and then back into another gear going down a different road. Such is your way.

...and ya'll continue to shift into reverse and "ignore" the basic question: "How do these Carbon-14 dating of wood and the ever popular coconut coir lead to the unverifiable conclusion that they were left from visits by either the Templars or Henry Sinclair?".
Alas. such is your way. :thumbsup:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...and ya'll continue to shift into reverse and "ignore" the basic question: "How do these Carbon-14 dating of wood and the ever popular coconut coir lead to the unverifiable conclusion that they were left from visits by either the Templars or Henry Sinclair?".
Alas. such is your way. :thumbsup:

It doesn't but it sure makes it look a lot better since someone was there 300 years before Christopher Columbus. May as well be the Knight's Templar as anyone else. The Templars was the only northern people at that time in history that traded with the Med. Sea and countries surrounding it. And the only people that could have gotten coconut fiber for the shipments to carry back whether it be France, England or Scotland. The Vikings never traded in the Med. Sea. The only place that the coconut fibers could have came from at that time as there were none in the Carib. Sea or up and down the Eastern Coast of the Americas. So I say it is better proof than your Portuguese and Spanish. The Knight's Templar have been all over this country before CC ever set foot on Haitian Soil. He never did touch American Soil. So have a field day and explain how this coconut fiber got over here 300 years before CC or anyone from the Asian Continent.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Vikings never traded to the Med.

Correction: the Scandinavians/Norse got to the Mediterranean as early as 859 AD with the voyage of Björn Ironside through Gibraltar and along the south of France. That eastern approach & land route south through the Steppes is famously known as "The Long Portage".

trade_map.gif

9914587.jpg

Real history is even more interesting than just making it up as you go. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
It doesn't but it sure makes it look a lot better since someone was there 300 years before Christopher Columbus. May as well be the Knight's Templar as anyone else. The Templars was the only northern people at that time in history that traded with the Med. Sea and countries surrounding it. And the only people that could have gotten coconut fiber for the shipments to carry back whether it be France, England or Scotland. The Vikings never traded in the Med. Sea. The only place that the coconut fibers could have came from at that time as there were none in the Carib. Sea or up and down the Eastern Coast of the Americas. So I say it is better proof than your Portuguese and Spanish. The Knight's Templar have been all over this country before CC ever set foot on Haitian Soil. He never did touch American Soil. So have a field day and explain how this coconut fiber got over here 300 years before CC or anyone from the Asian Continent.
Where do you come up with this stuff? You are WRONG on so many counts its funny. :laughing7:

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I do not believe that the C14 dating of the coir is accurate for reasons which I have enumerated many times on this thread, however, lets assume for one moment that the dating is accurate and consider the source for this coir.
the Indians of North America maintained healthy trade relations with their neighbors, Copper from Michigan has been found in archeological sites in Mexico and Turquoise from Arizona has been found in Archeological sites in Oregon.
with this understanding of trade between the indigenous people of North and Central America, it requires very little intellectual effort to come to the realization that the coir found in Nova Scotia, most likely came from Florida, transported there by Indians trading with their northern neighbors.
maybe this information will put the Templar nonsense to bed once and for all.

Last edited:

LouMiller

Dec 27, 2019
Austinville Va.
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 Vanquish 540 Nokta Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not believe that the C14 dating of the coir is accurate for reasons which I have enumerated many times on this thread, however, lets assume for one moment that the dating is accurate and consider the source for this coir.
the Indians of North America maintained healthy trade relations with their neighbors, Copper from Michigan has been found in archeological sites in Mexico and Turquoise from Arizona has been found in Archeological sites in Oregon.
with this understanding of trade between the indigenous people of North and Central America, it requires very little intellectual effort to come to the realization that the coir found in Nova Scotia, most likely came from Florida, transported there by Indians trading with their northern neighbors.

Nothing we can say will ever put the Templar crap to bed...

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

If the dating is correct (which has been done at least four times with similar results by reputable companies who know more about it than either you or me), than it would be impossible for coconut fibre to have come from Florida as it didn't exist anywhere in the Atlantic Basin before being brought there by the Portuguese in 1499.

The Atlantic Basin consists of the Atlantic Ocean, the Caribbean the Mediterranean and any other seas or bays connected to the Atlantic Ocean. Where it did exist was in the Pacific Basin and Indian Ocean before 1499.

Cheers, Loki

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Correction: the Scandinavians/Norse got to the Mediterranean as early as 859 AD with the voyage of Björn Ironside through Gibraltar and along the south of France. That eastern approach & land route south through the Steppes is famously known as "The Long Portage".

Real history is even more interesting than just making it up as you go. :thumbsup:

Yes they did and that would certainly have been a possibility, but they were not known to have been in the Eastern Mediterranean much after 1000ad and the coconut fibres are all dated to well after that date. I admit still possible for a few unrecorded Vikings to have been there during the period in question and have traded their lines for coir packed their vessels with coir packing and sailed where? To North America from the Mediterranean or to Northern Europe and without unloading on to North America which all seems unlikely.

But with the Templars, we have a group that we know was based in the Eastern Mediterranean, would have been using coir known to have been used by Arabs during that period. We know a large group left Cyprus in early 1307 (the correct time period) with a large contingent of ships and men. Later in 1307 we know for a fact that many were arrested and many escaped with all of their vessels disappearing. We also know for a fact that in the Atlantic they basically owned a Port from which they operated Atlantic capable vessels and had at least a temporary safe refuge in Scotland.

Still possible of course for the Vikings and/or some other European group to have done the same thing, but if some others, like say Portuguese it would have been well recorded as they certainly did boast of their seafaring abilities.

In My Opinion the coir found on Oak Island and dated to a period just before the 14th century indicates a Knights Templar presence on the Island. I do not premise that they buried anything there or premise how long they were there. If any of the detractors can undue the coconut fibre dating and show that the three different companies that dated it were incompetent or somebody else deposited it there, I will change my premise, untill then!

Cheers, Loki

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where do you come up with this stuff? You are WRONG on so many counts its funny. :laughing7:

So Mr. Know it All, why don't you post some of your crap instead of correcting others that dare to go out on limb to discover something. Just stay on the bus and in your seat and watch the world go by.

You explain to the world how coconut fiber from the Orient got to Oak Island 300 years before your educated teachers say anyone from the Eastern World got to Nova Scotia or Oak Island in particular. Lay us your scholarly learning upon us. I would love for you to explain it. Oh you can't. You have to put someone down like ECS and switch the subject. That is O.K. at least we know you are not as smart as you think you are.

Last edited:

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
https://repository.si.edu/bitstream/handle/10088/26936/usnh_0014.02.pdf
according to O.F. Cook, Columbus reported finding coconuts one month after his first visit to the Americas which proves that coconuts were here at least before Columbus.

That report by Cook is from 1910, since then there have been several studies. The latest was by three botanists of which I have a copy that thru a long scientific study confirmed that the Portuguese introduced the coconut to the Atlantic in 1499.

Cheers, Loki

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
So Mr. Know it All, why don't you post some of your crap instead of correcting others that dare to go out on limb to discover something. Just stay on the bus and in your seat and watch the world go by...
You have to put someone down like ECS and switch the subject.
That is O.K. at least we know you are not as smart as you think you are.
It seems that you and others do your own share of "putting down" and complaining when someone post information and/or links that disprove posted nonfactual opinion based speculation as "fact".

While going "out on a limb" one often discovers it breaks followed by a fall discovering the hard ground.

Last edited:

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
So Mr. Know it All, why don't you post some of your crap instead of correcting others that dare to go out on limb to discover something. Just stay on the bus and in your seat and watch the world go by.

You explain to the world how coconut fiber from the Orient got to Oak Island 300 years before your educated teachers say anyone from the Eastern World got to Nova Scotia or Oak Island in particular. Lay us your scholarly learning upon us. I would love for you to explain it. Oh you can't. You have to put someone down like ECS and switch the subject. That is O.K. at least we know you are not as smart as you think you are.
When it come to posting crap, you are the king

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
That report by Cook is from 1910, since then there have been several studies. The latest was by three botanists of which I have a copy that thru a long scientific study confirmed that the Portuguese introduced the coconut to the Atlantic in 1499.

Cheers, Loki
It is irrelevant when the report was written, the record shows that Columbus reported finding coconuts, not Cook, Columbus did not write his report in 1910.....unless he was a time traveller, It was Columbus who made the initial report that there were coconuts where he had landed, which is proof that coconuts were there BEFORE the Portuguese introduced them in 1499, unless Columbus was a liar :laughing7:

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

LouMiller

Dec 27, 2019
Austinville Va.
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 Vanquish 540 Nokta Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes they did and that would certainly have been a possibility, but they were not known to have been in the Eastern Mediterranean much after 1000ad and the coconut fibres are all dated to well after that date. I admit still possible for a few unrecorded Vikings to have been there during the period in question and have traded their lines for coir packed their vessels with coir packing and sailed where? To North America from the Mediterranean or to Northern Europe and without unloading on to North America which all seems unlikely.

But with the Templars, we have a group that we know was based in the Eastern Mediterranean, would have been using coir known to have been used by Arabs during that period. We know a large group left Cyprus in early 1307 (the correct time period) with a large contingent of ships and men. Later in 1307 we know for a fact that many were arrested and many escaped with all of their vessels disappearing. We also know for a fact that in the Atlantic they basically owned a Port from which they operated Atlantic capable vessels and had at least a temporary safe refuge in Scotland.

Still possible of course for the Vikings and/or some other European group to have done the same thing, but if some others, like say Portuguese it would have been well recorded as they certainly did boast of their seafaring abilities.

In My Opinion the coir found on Oak Island and dated to a period just before the 14th century indicates a Knights Templar presence on the Island. I do not premise that they buried anything there or premise how long they were there. If any of the detractors can undue the coconut fibre dating and show that the three different companies that dated it were incompetent or somebody else deposited it there, I will change my premise, untill then!

Cheers, Loki

The name coir comes from kayar, a Dravidian word for cord, used Tamil, with neither language clearly proven to be the origin.[3][4] Ropes and cordage have been made from coconut fibre since ancient times. Indian navigators who sailed the seas to Malaya, Java, China, and the Persian Gulf centuries ago used coir for their ship ropes. Arab writers of the 11th century AD referred to the extensive use of coir for ship ropes and rigging.[5]

A coir industry in the UK was recorded before the second half of the 19th century. During 1840, Captain Widely, in co-operation with Captain Logan and Mr. Thomas Treloar,[6] founded the known carpet firms of Treloar and Sons in Ludgate Hill, England, for the manufacture of coir into various fabrics suitable for floor coverings.[5]

It wasn't just used for packing !!!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coir

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread