Is anyone going to watch the upcoming Oak Island TV show in Nov. 2019?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Rad1sh

Sep 22, 2019
Olympia, Washington
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex White Coinmaster ( Burghandy)
Garret Ace 250 Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think its BS. Might be something there. But who would have just dug the island up by now? With half the production costs we could have figured it out.

skybolt

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be watching again this year. I almost quit after Season 5, but at least Season 6 provided more digging than crackpot theories to keep me somewhat entertained. Personally, I don't mind watching them dig up old searcher shafts, while finding some trinkets that were dropped by previous settlers.

Billieg

Jul 19, 2019
Deltona Fl
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro - Teknetics T2 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that the same 'Gary Dickhead' that found this from the 1715 fleet amongst other cool finds? I wish I was a dickhead like him. not sure about his accent though...

View attachment 1767166

Even a blind hog finds an acorn every now and then.... and that size ring would come up even if you swung the detector 10" above the sand.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that the same 'Gary Dickhead' that found this from the 1715 fleet amongst other cool finds? I wish I was a dickhead like him. not sure about his accent though...
even a blind pig can find an acorn once in a while.

and yes, i will be watching more but only because I have nothing to do on tuesday nights at that time.
Half the time i fall asleep for the last 15 minutes.

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, I'll be watching. I saw the 10 minute preview show - nothing was announced that is surprising: hunt for the 'ship' in the swamp, continue with Smith Cove, etc.

Billieg

Jul 19, 2019
Deltona Fl
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro - Teknetics T2 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, I'll be watching. I saw the 10 minute preview show - nothing was announced that is surprising: hunt for the 'ship' in the swamp, continue with Smith Cove, etc.

Does anyone think they would spend an enormous amount of time digging a hole big enough to sink a ship (without pumps) and then spend an enormous amount of time covering it up only to come back and spend the same amount of time digging it back up? My god, just bury the chests 4' deep, make a map and go home. The same thing with this 173' deep BS. and water tunnels.

Last edited:

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoever were the first people to dig on the island could quite possibly dig a very deep hole without hitting water... It's after all the other digging which did hit water and flooding all the other tunnels/holes that now makes it difficult to dig without hitting water...

captjackny

Nov 9, 2016
Upstate NY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll watch just to see what technology they use which is the most interesting part of the show now. Otherwise it's tired and needs to be put out to pasture.

treasureguy56

Mar 31, 2019
Half way Between Perry and Owosso Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1210 , Tesoro Golden Sabre , CZ5 , Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely ,
whether you believe its staged or not My wife and I both still find it interesting and entertaining . Maybe it isnt 100 % accurate - I dont know but it still make's the imagination run a little and Im sure there is some truth to whats going on .

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will but only out of respect for Dan B. and I like to see the new technology they use, you really do not get to see that type of instruments in action that they use for detection.

pronghorn

Jan 7, 2008
I watched with somewhat distracted attention. They just showed a spike they found and a blacksmith said it was a 14th century rock chisel. OKay, it wasn't used then, as it looked almost as sharp as a needle. Re sharpening should show a more blunted end, however this looked like it was never used. Are they trying to pass off something again like the railroad spike they tried to pass off as a ships spike. Maybe it was dropped and lost before it was used, but the point certainly would not be needle sharp after 6 hundred years on a salt sea beach, who knows. I will keep watching and laughing, TV is pitiful these days, nothing else to watch.

RobNC

Jan 5, 2019
NC
Detector(s) used
EQ800 (Stock Coil), Nokta Legend (LG30/LG24)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A bucket of poop???? in the ocean?? What is it doing there, and why is it showing up now?
All they do is talk. The Alien Artifact/Alien Conspiracy Narrator kills the whole thing for me. It was fun to watch for a couple episodes then you realize that the money they spend on doing things never amounts to much of anything in actual finds.
I'd like to offer a better alternative.. Give me the money and watch me go out and buy new equipment, fix up my ratchet house, and pay off my bills.. I would even narrate it for them in a way they understand.
"Money?? From these guys?? Paying off my bills?? That's one of the theories turned to real results, thanks guys!"

Tahts-a-dats-ago

Apr 30, 2014
NJ
Detector(s) used
Legend,
Anfibio multi,
Apex,
ORX,
Deus,
Vanquish 440
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m actually fairly excited about season 7 and will likely watch every show. I do record the shows and watch them at my convenience – fast-forwarding through those parts that rehash prior events.

For me the show is entertainment. It has the same appeal that metal detecting holds [for me] – the unknown, the thrill of finding artifacts, and the history behind the finds. I don’t really care if those finds are searcher, or original depositors; they’re all part of the past and give insight into the history of the island.

The various wooden structures (cove) are fascinating to me. The unknown behind them drives my interest – who made them and for what purpose? What were they loading/unloading on Oak Island? Was it water (seems unlikely to me), ballast, something else entirely?

It seems possible that the swamp was man-made. For what purpose? I’ll watch just to see if they can find plausible answers for the creation of the swamp.

I don’t put a lot of faith into the various theories about treasure being buried, but I don’t discount the possibility entirely either. Finding treasure would be exciting, but that isn’t my reason for watching. I’ll be completely satisfied if all they find are lost artifacts from years back and perhaps some possible answers for all the activity on the island.

I would like to know how Gary convinced others to do all the digging though; that’s something I’ve tried to implement, but without success.

sasquash

Nov 2, 2016
North of Quebec
Detector(s) used
Computers
Primary Interest:
Other
I’m actually fairly excited about season 7 and will likely watch every show. I do record the shows and watch them at my convenience – fast-forwarding through those parts that rehash prior events.

For me the show is entertainment. It has the same appeal that metal detecting holds [for me] – the unknown, the thrill of finding artifacts, and the history behind the finds. I don’t really care if those finds are searcher, or original depositors; they’re all part of the past and give insight into the history of the island.

The various wooden structures (cove) are fascinating to me. The unknown behind them drives my interest – who made them and for what purpose? What were they loading/unloading on Oak Island? Was it water (seems unlikely to me), ballast, something else entirely?

It seems possible that the swamp was man-made. For what purpose? I’ll watch just to see if they can find plausible answers for the creation of the swamp.

I don’t put a lot of faith into the various theories about treasure being buried, but I don’t discount the possibility entirely either. Finding treasure would be exciting, but that isn’t my reason for watching. I’ll be completely satisfied if all they find are lost artifacts from years back and perhaps some possible answers for all the activity on the island.

I would like to know how Gary convinced others to do all the digging though; that’s something I’ve tried to implement, but without success.

Just go to the tread
Season 7 the story goes on for the best !

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Year 7 and I haven't missed a single episode,and I'm not about to now.If the brothers don't find "it" it wont be due to lack of trying,or lack of money.:occasion14:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched last night briefly about a "ship timber" being found.

These guys are really reaching and grasping for anything at this point. heh

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread