Is anyone going to watch the upcoming Oak Island TV show in Nov. 2019?

Steamboat

Feb 20, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When the Oak Island TV show started I was really interested. I had read the 1965 Readers Digest account and had always wanted more information.
After maybe six years of the show I don't think I can take anymore. Every year they promise great new discoveries and then it's just the same old thing over and over.
they repeat and repeat what they have already shown. They have different "experts" give their latest theory. Like the one who said it was "Aztec Gold".
They try to link the Knights Templar without a shred of hard evidence.
they find the remains of a toy cap gun and then bring the kid back to the island and give him what's left of his plastic gun.
They look twice for the 90 ft stone and then think they have it but it doesn't have the markings.
They find a surface stone with some natural markings and try to come up with some language represented by the markings.
They have their meetings in their stupid "War room".
For me I think I have had enough.
If anyone does watch the show and they really do find something I hope they will post the discoveries on this site

Last edited:

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
I "used' to watch at the gym when on the bike when nothing else was on.

I agree they continually use the bait to entice the views to tune in.

I have not ever watched the show at the house, but I dont watch a lot anyway at the house.

I dont plan to watch any further. Anymore on the bike I check out utube if anything.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will be watching two days later on Daily Motion or youtube. Yes I will be definitely watching.

Billieg

Jul 19, 2019
Deltona Fl
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro - Teknetics T2 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will record it and fast forward it when needed. The show has really become a joke. That "Expert" Gary Dickhead swinging his detector 8" above the ground and nothing new found in the last 3 seasons turn me off and the narrator who talks in questions is too much.

sasquash

Nov 2, 2016
North of Quebec
Detector(s) used
Computers
Primary Interest:
Other
Smoking some spiritual weed before watching will keep me focused on the show. This will also bring up more new theory and some 🍷

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nope. More fun to catch-up on the non-finds here. At least there is some good content here.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Steamboat...Somethings Are Worth The Wait!

When the Oak Island TV show started I was really interested. I had read the 1965 Readers Digest account and had always wanted more information.
After maybe six years of the show I don't think I can take anymore. Every year they promise great new discoveries and then it's just the same old thing over and over.
they repeat and repeat what they have already shown. They have different "experts" give their latest theory. Like the one who said it was "Aztec Gold".
They try to link the Knights Templar without a shred of hard evidence.
they find the remains of a toy cap gun and then bring the kid back to the island and give him what's left of his plastic gun.
They look twice for the 90 ft stone and then think they have it but it doesn't have the markings.
They find a surface stone with some natural markings and try to come up with some language represented by the markings.
They have their meetings in their stupid "War room".
For me I think I have had enough.
If anyone does watch the show and they really do find something I hope they will post the discoveries on this site

Somethings.jpg

gemee

Jul 31, 2004
California
I never ever thought I would say this, but no,..I am done. What was once there is long gone, probably dug up by the black guy who mysteriously built himself a very nice home on the island, when he had "no source of income."

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No. The treasure was still there in 1965 and that means it is still there today. They are going to make History interesting again that is for sure.

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
No. The treasure was still there in 1965 and that means it is still there today. They are going to make History interesting again that is for sure.
You have always stated that the treasure had been recovered, now you say the treasure is still there, I cannot keep up with your fabrications, your just making it up as you go.......just like the brothers on OI, lol

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No 6 of 7 treasures were recovered. There were two treasures on Oak Island. One recovered and the other one not. The other were on other islands. All recovered except one. Six treasures filled 3 large ships.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
No 6 of 7 treasures were recovered. There were two treasures on Oak Island. One recovered and the other one not. The other were on other islands. All recovered except one. Six treasures filled 3 large ships.
Is this actually verified and documented or just speculative flights of fantasy fancy?

sasquash

Nov 2, 2016
North of Quebec
Detector(s) used
Computers
Primary Interest:
Other

One is on Frog Island, man made swamp like Oak Island, could it be ...

Doug H

May 23, 2014
Cumberland, VA
Detector(s) used
White's coinmaster pro
Garrett at pro
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Other
I have watched the show since day one. But I have to admit, where I used to get excited about the possibility of great finds...I've found myself less enthused the last few seasons. I will definitely keep watching as it has become a ritual, but I'm not expecting much other than the same old stuff

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll watch it the next day as I head for bed at 8 as I'm up at 5am. Fast forward is a great tool. Also there's not much on TV anymore that interests me. Lol

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One is on Frog Island, man made swamp like Oak Island, could it be ...

I posted that today on "Oak Island Original" on Facebook. Yes they dug after the Civil War over 25 feet deep on Frog Island. Problem though they did not know the treasure had already been removed. That was one of the other Islands. I know of three more caches in Mahone Bay, four if you count one in the Bay.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
We let go of cable TV even before the one I was in aired. Youtube, hulu, Netflix has plenty to watch, plus you save money.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
You have always stated that the treasure had been recovered, now you say the treasure is still there, I cannot keep up with your fabrications, your just making it up as you go.......just like the brothers on OI, lol
RE: POSTS # 10, 12, 18
When there was nothing there in the first place, it becomes real easy to say it was removed and then create a fantasy story on who put it there and who removed it. :laughing7:
All those poster claims of found and removed are nothing but the poster playing the "I know something you don't know" based on research taken from a myriad of speculative pseudohistory pulp self published nonsense books. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread