The Roman Spear
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: The Roman Spear

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Nov 2019
    9 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

The Roman Spear

I have a theory about the Roman Spear. If this is part of a treasure dating back to the 14th century, a Roman spear may easily have been a treasured relic popular at that time. While I believe most relics are 13th century creations made to supply the demand for Christian era relics, it is very possible that either would find it's way into a sacred treasure hoard.

It is very possible that there are at least two treasures deposited on the island. One ancient and perhaps Templar and another late 17th/early 18th century. The pit appears to be the latter and all the early finds are found elsewhere on the island.

ps The significance of a Roman Spear as a relic comes from the spear thrust into the side of the body of Christ to prove his death.
    Last edited by Marshalll; Nov 02, 2019 at 02:26 PM.
    vpnavy likes this.
    For our struggle is not against flesh and blood...

Charter Member
    us
    Rook

Nov 2013
    XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
    46393 times
    Welcome to Tnet from Mississippi
    When you come to a fork in the road, take it.

Charter Member
    us
    Fly Navy!

Jun 2008
    York County, PA (USA) Brevard County, FL (USA)
    14509 times
    1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard Marshalll! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).
    2nd - I moved ya from NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS over to TREASURE LEGENDS > OAK ISLAND for more exposure.
    .:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.

"A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington (January 7th, 1790)
    ..: Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office :..

.:: Rules and Guidelines ::.
    .:: NOTICE - You must be a Charter Member to sell on Treasure Net (Forum: Charter Member Classifieds) - NOTICE ::.
    "...not my circus, not my monkeys..."

us
    Professional Treasure Hunter

Jun 2012
    Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
    6503 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshalll View Post
    I have a theory about the Roman Spear. If this is part of a treasure dating back to the 14th century, a Roman spear may easily have been a treasured relic popular at that time. While I believe most relics are 13th century creations made to supply the demand for Christian era relics, it is very possible that either would find it's way into a sacred treasure hoard.

It is very possible that there are at least two treasures deposited on the island. One ancient and perhaps Templar and another late 17th/early 18th century. The pit appears to be the latter and all the early finds are found elsewhere on the island.

ps The significance of a Roman Spear as a relic comes from the spear thrust into the side of the body of Christ to prove his death.
    Here is the spear that pierced the side of Jesus. It is called the "Spear of Destiny."Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2019-11-02 Holy Lance - Wikipedia.png 
Views:	56 
Size:	148.3 KB 
ID:	1767693 Looks nothing like the "spear for fishing" found on Oak Island.

us
    "Is that a Geiger Counter?"

Feb 2006
    South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands
    Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
    12150 times
    Metal Detecting
    Looks nothing like Roman Spears of the time, either.

Either one.
    ECS, releventchair and Dave Rishar like this.
    America was founded by tough hell-raisers. Rugged citizens who evaded taxes, spoke strongly against tyranny, grew tobacco, brewed beer, distilled spirits, and smuggled weapons. And it will be saved by those same types of citizens.

ECS
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    13989 times
    Treasurehunting & Historical research
    If someone would mention this to Diana Jean Muir she can include this spear in her next addition if the Prince Henry Sinclair journal series.

us
    Aug 2018
    SW Missouri
    Garrett All Terrain Pro
    12100 times
    Has anyone anywhere found Templar treasure?
    You may forget but let me tell you this: someone in some future time will think of us-Sappho

Nov 2015
    1238 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly Prince View Post
    Has anyone anywhere found Templar treasure?
    Yep... The laginas... They have become very rich of the Templars "buried" treasure..........
    sasquash and Hillbilly Prince like this.
    Live the moment...

Nov 2015
    1238 times
    I do not remember anyone claiming a spear was found....
    Live the moment...

Jan 2015
    Triad NC
    337 times
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    Here is the spear that pierced the side of Jesus. It is called the "Spear of Destiny."Click image for larger version. 

Why does the caption under the spear call it "The Holy Lance" if it is known as Spear of Destiny... and this spear was used by someone to test death and then had the foresight to set it aside for it's history that at the time they didn't believe in the man they just killed.. Not saying it's not true but..... to add this in with how things go on the OI Forum alot has to be taken on someones word and there isn't much of that around here..

us
    Professional Treasure Hunter

Jun 2012
    Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
    6503 times
    Quote Originally Posted by n2mini View Post
    Why does the caption under the spear call it "The Holy Lance" if it is known as Spear of Destiny... and this spear was used by someone to test death and then had the foresight to set it aside for it's history that at the time they didn't believe in the man they just killed.. Not saying it's not true but..... to add this in with how things go on the OI Forum alot has to be taken on someones word and there isn't much of that around here..
    If the "Holy Lance" or the "Spear of Destiny" was not true why did it outrage Hitler enough to want it so bad the he invaded Austria to get the Lance. Hitler was so possessed and obsessed with having the "Spear of Destiny" it drove him, completely mad.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2019-11-03 The Holy Lance of Longinus.png 
Views:	54 
Size:	156.7 KB 
ID:	1767798

Jan 2015
    Triad NC
    337 times
    Just saying Jesus died in roughly AD 30. and Hitler ruled in in the 1920-30s" or so... That is a LONG time difference to have kept this spear hidden/safe. As I said, I'm not saying the story is not true just that you, me, we have to take someones word for it. Which doesn't go well in this forum...
    Hillbilly Prince likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    DEPLORABLE

Jul 2015
    Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
    E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
    21356 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    The definition of lance is different from the definition of spear. Anyway, welcome to the forum from Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
    SOMETIMES I WISH I DIDN'T KNOW NOW ,,, WHAT I DIDN'T KNOW THEN,, Bob Seger

us
    "Is that a Geiger Counter?"

Feb 2006
    South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands
    Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
    12150 times
    Metal Detecting
    If the "Holy Lance" or the "Spear of Destiny" was not true why did it outrage Hitler enough to want it so bad the he invaded Austria to get the Lance. Hitler was so possessed and obsessed with having the "Spear of Destiny" it drove him, completely mad.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2019-11-03 The Holy Lance of Longinus.png 
Views:	54 
Size:	156.7 KB 
ID:	1767798
    So your premise is that because Hitler thought it must exist (or the Austrian version was authentic, no question it is a physical object) so that therefore, it must be the lance that, according to one version of the Crucifixion (John's), pierced Christ's side? And then took on some magical properties?

Hitler thought a Winter War in Russia was a good idea.

He had a couple other "ideas" that didn't pan out so well, either.

By the way - Germany annexed Austria in a bloodless move in 1938. It was to be after an Austrian vote but Chancellor Schuschnigg resigned rather than be part of it (there were Nazis in his cabinet by that time)
    Last edited by Charlie P. (NY); Nov 03, 2019 at 07:25 PM.
    ECS, Hillbilly Prince and tinpan like this.
    America was founded by tough hell-raisers. Rugged citizens who evaded taxes, spoke strongly against tyranny, grew tobacco, brewed beer, distilled spirits, and smuggled weapons. And it will be saved by those same types of citizens.

Charter Member
    us
    Well reasoned and delightfully brutal

Mar 2008
    WA
    Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
    1682 times

At a glance, I would have told you that whatever that thing is, it was not a Roman spear. Then I Googled the Holy Lance and found that the experts (including the ones that physically tested it) are in agreement with my initial impression. I believe that it was dated to the 9th century AD or thereabouts, which seems reasonable enough to me.

I don't know who made that or why, but I can tell you with absolute certainty that it was constructed as an art piece.
    Avatar taken from "The Biting Pear of Salamanca." See the original here: http://ursulav.deviantart.com/art/Th...manca-29677500

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links