The Roman Spear

Marshalll

Nov 2, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a theory about the Roman Spear. If this is part of a treasure dating back to the 14th century, a Roman spear may easily have been a treasured relic popular at that time. While I believe most relics are 13th century creations made to supply the demand for Christian era relics, it is very possible that either would find it's way into a sacred treasure hoard.

It is very possible that there are at least two treasures deposited on the island. One ancient and perhaps Templar and another late 17th/early 18th century. The pit appears to be the latter and all the early finds are found elsewhere on the island.

ps The significance of a Roman Spear as a relic comes from the spear thrust into the side of the body of Christ to prove his death.

Last edited:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome to Tnet from Mississippi

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard Marshalll! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

tn_moved_over.gif
2nd - I moved ya from NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS over to TREASURE LEGENDS > OAK ISLAND for more exposure.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a theory about the Roman Spear. If this is part of a treasure dating back to the 14th century, a Roman spear may easily have been a treasured relic popular at that time. While I believe most relics are 13th century creations made to supply the demand for Christian era relics, it is very possible that either would find it's way into a sacred treasure hoard.

It is very possible that there are at least two treasures deposited on the island. One ancient and perhaps Templar and another late 17th/early 18th century. The pit appears to be the latter and all the early finds are found elsewhere on the island.

ps The significance of a Roman Spear as a relic comes from the spear thrust into the side of the body of Christ to prove his death.

Here is the spear that pierced the side of Jesus. It is called the "Spear of Destiny." Screenshot_2019-11-02 Holy Lance - Wikipedia.png Looks nothing like the "spear for fishing" found on Oak Island.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks nothing like Roman Spears of the time, either.

Either one.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
If someone would mention this to Diana Jean Muir she can include this spear in her next addition if the Prince Henry Sinclair journal series. :thumbsup:

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not remember anyone claiming a spear was found....

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is the spear that pierced the side of Jesus. It is called the "Spear of Destiny." View attachment 1767693 Looks nothing like the "spear for fishing" found on Oak Island.

Why does the caption under the spear call it "The Holy Lance" if it is known as Spear of Destiny... and this spear was used by someone to test death and then had the foresight to set it aside for it's history that at the time they didn't believe in the man they just killed.. Not saying it's not true but..... to add this in with how things go on the OI Forum alot has to be taken on someones word and there isn't much of that around here..

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why does the caption under the spear call it "The Holy Lance" if it is known as Spear of Destiny... and this spear was used by someone to test death and then had the foresight to set it aside for it's history that at the time they didn't believe in the man they just killed.. Not saying it's not true but..... to add this in with how things go on the OI Forum alot has to be taken on someones word and there isn't much of that around here..

If the "Holy Lance" or the "Spear of Destiny" was not true why did it outrage Hitler enough to want it so bad the he invaded Austria to get the Lance. Hitler was so possessed and obsessed with having the "Spear of Destiny" it drove him, completely mad.

Screenshot_2019-11-03 The Holy Lance of Longinus.png

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just saying Jesus died in roughly AD 30. and Hitler ruled in in the 1920-30s" or so... That is a LONG time difference to have kept this spear hidden/safe. As I said, I'm not saying the story is not true just that you, me, we have to take someones word for it. Which doesn't go well in this forum...

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The definition of lance is different from the definition of spear. Anyway, welcome to the forum from Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If the "Holy Lance" or the "Spear of Destiny" was not true why did it outrage Hitler enough to want it so bad the he invaded Austria to get the Lance. Hitler was so possessed and obsessed with having the "Spear of Destiny" it drove him, completely mad.

View attachment 1767798

So your premise is that because Hitler thought it must exist (or the Austrian version was authentic, no question it is a physical object) so that therefore, it must be the lance that, according to one version of the Crucifixion (John's), pierced Christ's side? And then took on some magical properties?

Hitler thought a Winter War in Russia was a good idea.

He had a couple other "ideas" that didn't pan out so well, either.

By the way - Germany annexed Austria in a bloodless move in 1938. It was to be after an Austrian vote but Chancellor Schuschnigg resigned rather than be part of it (there were Nazis in his cabinet by that time)

Last edited:

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
Here is the spear that pierced the side of Jesus. It is called the "Spear of Destiny." View attachment 1767693 Looks nothing like the "spear for fishing" found on Oak Island.

At a glance, I would have told you that whatever that thing is, it was not a Roman spear. Then I Googled the Holy Lance and found that the experts (including the ones that physically tested it) are in agreement with my initial impression. I believe that it was dated to the 9th century AD or thereabouts, which seems reasonable enough to me.

I don't know who made that or why, but I can tell you with absolute certainty that it was constructed as an art piece.

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everybody knows Moses gave Noah the original Spear of Destiny for safekeeping on the Ark during the Flood.
There were possibly some Knights Templar on that boat according to the passenger list.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to tnet from MI Tommy

A2coins

Gold Member