Season 7 - The story goes on...

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Get any photographs of the treasure? Or the "vault" that was never located in the well in subsequent searches?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get any photographs of the treasure? Or the "vault" that was never located in the well in subsequent searches?

No but I have the inventory of the treasures recovered.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm sure.

So what length of time did this colony of Templars exist at New Ross and what did they leave behind as evidence of their habitation? I'd rather see a list of the artifacts found by a group trained in examining pre-columbian sites (noting that Joan and Ron Harris lacked any accreditation).

SSR

Sep 24, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's an award winning undergraduate thesis accessible on-line that was done recently that looks into the Castle at New Ross story. Of course there's nothing to it and there never was, but it is helpful to see exactly what is there that some people insist on calling evidence.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If we're talking potential pre-columbian visitation from Eurpoeans, specifically, Scandavians, who left surface settlement evidence along Canada's Atlantic coastline - I'm all in agreement for that. You betcha. Buried treasure? Not so much. Templars? I don't see why they'd bother or evidence they did. And I'd present Charles Lindsey as an archeologist who has examined and documented sites like L'Anse aux Meadows and published findings of Norse activity and earlier native(?) settlements below to 4,000 years ago.

But that's based on the evidence at and near the surface.

He did, in fact, also visit New Ross and the sites the Harris' owned. His impression was that the site lacked credibility as having any evidence of prior activity to support the "wild and wonderful" backstory the Harris' were constructing of activity before more modern colonial times and warranted no further investigation.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
The treasure at New Ross was recovered in 1770, just before the American Revolution.
That treasure is long gone.
It was down the Holy Well into a room and cavern off from the well. Sorry but no treasure at New Ross, today.
Was this the treasure you claim was buried by that "Colony of Templars" left there by Henry Sinclair of which there exists no legitimate verified documented record?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It will have been moved to a location such as under the Tomb of the Unknown, Washington's Tomb or the Rotunda of the Capital and unavailable for access; and as such safe to profess knowledge of without possibility for verification.

But then, a treasure never used or understood is a worthless treasure. Why bury, recover and then re-intur? Makes no sense. The easier answer of "it never was" still appeals to me.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
No but I have the inventory of the treasures recovered.
Why don't you post that inventory list and who recovered the treasure and cite the source of this list.
Afterall, if you have this list, it is no longer considered "secret hidden history".

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More Templar spikes, and a lump of lead, but nothing that gives a clue to the original depositors' purpose yet. The 60 foot long-reach digger is impressive to see, but once the hole in the upland cove began to collapse, I wonder if they can do anything meaningful there in the future. It looks like the usual Oak Island digger's folly: dig deep enough and it will flood or collapse, forcing the searcher to give up in disgust.

No activity reported on the 'big can' drop this week.

skybolt

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More Templar spikes, and a lump of lead, but nothing that gives a clue to the original depositors' purpose yet. The 60 foot long-reach digger is impressive to see, but once the hole in the upland cove began to collapse, I wonder if they can do anything meaningful there in the future. It looks like the usual Oak Island digger's folly: dig deep enough and it will flood or collapse, forcing the searcher to give up in disgust.

No activity reported on the 'big can' drop this week.

That whole digging operation looked unsafe. Why did they decide to construct a platform at the Money Pit area and Smith's Cove, but take a chance digging 60 ft deep in the upland area with that large excavator when the surrounding soil was so unstable?

I didn't get the whole rationale that the metal spikes found in the upland area were from the original depositors solely based on Gary's guess that they were from the 1700's. This came right after everyone agreed that the shaft was constructed in the 1850's by the Truro Company.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
18,000 explosions and they find one old tunnel. That must of been expensive... Still it does show there is nothing there.

No one is saying that there is not evidence of activity on Oak Island in the 1700s. It just there is no evidence that activity was treasure related. J.Steeles naval stores theory seems far more plausible.

I agree with Skybolt that it was obvious that hole they were digging was going to cave in. There is water everywhere through all the old shafts etc. It cannot be coming from Smith Cove because that has no water in it now.

I do not see why they think man placed stones in the swamp is in anyway related to the possibility of treasure buried on Oak Island. It just makes zero sense and no plausible connection can be made.

DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I didn't get the whole rationale that the metal spikes found in the upland area were from the original depositors solely based on Gary's guess that they were from the 1700's. This came right after everyone agreed that the shaft was constructed in the 1850's by the Truro Company.

Obviously Gary has been consulting with the blacksmith, to determine the spikes were from "1710 to 1790", but Gary flubbed his line and left off the "...to 1790" part...

skybolt

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not see why they think man placed stones in the swamp is in anyway related to the possibility of treasure buried on Oak Island. It just makes zero sense and no plausible connection can be made.

That's a good point. Actually, finding that arbitrary large stone at the eye of the swamp sort of throws a monkey wrench into the whole Nolan's cross alignment notion. It leaves me with a couple of questions: 1.) Are there more large stones buried in the swamp, and if so, would uncovering all of them remove any significance with respect to the 5 stones aligned in a cross formation? 2.) Was Fred Nolan aware of this and either didn't bother to uncover any other stones after finding the cross formation, or perhaps just decided not to fully uncover other stones found?

skybolt

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Obviously Gary has been consulting with the blacksmith, to determine the spikes were from "1710 to 1790", but Gary flubbed his line and left off the "...to 1790" part...

Exactly. The crew is basically telling the audience that there's no way a spike or coin made in let's say 1785 could be used by someone 20-25 years later.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
AS...The World Tumbles!

World Tumbles.jpg

News was dominant in cable again last week, claiming 38 of the 40 most-watched programs. “Curse of Oak Island” on History and an episode of “90 Day Fiancee” on TLC were the only exceptions.

https://www.wthr.com/article/60-minutes-tops-television-ratings-coronavirus-report

Even as the World Tumbles...Loyal followers of The Curse of Oak Island...tune in to see the recovery of this Treasure!

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even as the World Tumbles...Loyal followers of The Curse of Oak Island...tune in to see the recovery of this Treasure!
Is it is possible that the Carona virus was unleashed when the Laginas dug to deep and disturbed the thing that never should of been disturbed...

1_cLSxT5AwMI_-LOGlfEXCFw.jpeg

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was Fred Nolan aware of this.....?
He probably bulldozed them into the swamp when he was clearing land to build his house.

Nolan's cross is interesting. The two plausible theories in my view are:

1)J.Steele's view that it had something to do with the Jesuits who she theorizes were running a naval store operation on Oak Island. She believes that they were using slave labor and "guesses" the cross might of been built/positioned as a meeting point/religious ceremony site for the slaves/Jesuits.

2) Fred Nolan made it as a way of helping raise money for his treasure search efforts.

I struggle to believe they could of just naturally occurred that way. But it is also possible...

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread