DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
At last, after 7 seasons, one of their experts comes up with a theory which actually makes sense: A little over 300 years ago, those on Oak Island mined clay, and paved a route to the shore to load it on ships. Sorry, it appears it took place about 300 years TOO LATE for "Templars" to traffic in clay.

Nova Scotia is well-known for having clays especially suitable for brick and tile-making, as well as exporting clays to England for making tobacco pipes (Llewellen Evans, Bristol) in the 1680's.

Of course, the writers (hence, the narrator) had to make the reach to connect the "blue clay" to that which WAS SAID to have been found on the platforms which WERE SAID to have been in the original "money pit". I expected, but did not hear it conjectured that the clay would have been used to "seal" the vessels Sir Francis Bacon used to preserve documents in mercury...

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At last, after 7 seasons, one of their experts comes up with a theory which actually makes sense: A little over 300 years ago, those on Oak Island mined clay, and paved a route to the shore to load it on ships. Sorry, it appears it took place about 300 TOO LATE for "Templars" to traffic in clay.

Nova Scotia is well-known for having clays especially suitable for brick and tile-making, as well as exporting clays to England for making tobacco pipes (Llewellen Evans, Bristol) in the 1680's.

Of course, the writers (hence, the narrator) had to make the reach to connect the "blue clay" to that which WAS SAID to have been found on the platforms which WERE SAID to have been in the original "money pit". I expected, but did not hear it conjectured that the clay would have been used to "seal" the vessels Sir Francis Bacon used to preserve documents in mercury...

The clay was used to make brick. There was a "brick factory" behind where Fred Nolan's house sits today.

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope Rick didn't swallow that dirty water!

He probably did taste it in to determine the 'brackish' flavor as he's freely done with other areas in the past. It was a good camera trick to imply that he was chugging it though!

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At last, after 7 seasons, one of their experts comes up with a theory which actually makes sense: A little over 300 years ago, those on Oak Island mined clay, and paved a route to the shore to load it on ships....
Yep... Nothing to do with treasure. Nothing to do with swamp being 'man made' just people making a living digging dirt...

Up to episode 19 and they have found nothing that supports anyone hiding a treasure on Oak Island.

My bet is there new hole will add nothing more to the tally...

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The swamp possibly formed when they clay harvesters dug down and opened that spring up.

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A brisk pace on tonight's finds. Some jewelry in the swamp, and plenty of wood from the first can dig, along with a genuine Hedden metal shield as they moved toward the fabled Chappel vault. Somehow this larger hammer grab seems cartoonish - like a bear's paw. I like watching it unload.

The 2 pieces of a keg are interesting; did they just pick up pieces of a rum keg, long ago destroyed by a searcher?

Then they set up for a second dig, 20 feet SW of the first can dig. Wondering - do they fill in the previous hole or leave the can so that future digs do not mix with fill dirt from a previous dig?

They're heading for something called "6" - I'm really confused by the diagram and what they're heading for if not the money pit?

Last edited:
OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So another big hole with nothing found except previous searchers efforts... I had to smile when Rick said what he wanted to find was some wood and not treasure... Even he can no longer maintain the appearance of actual interest.

The bone could be from Maynard Kaiser who died 1897 when he fell down a shaft. There is no record that his body was every recovered and it is believed by many his remains are still down there.

The narrator must think the viewers are completely stupid. When he said "later that day" when rick and Gary were digging in the swamp... (after watching the new hole being dug). They both changed their cloths, weather had changed, left the interesting claw grab to go dig in the boring swamp.... Why do they feel the need to lie and make it look like it all happening on the same day when it is obvious it is not. It just further hurts the little credibility they may still have.

Another near worthless piece of old jewelry they are drawing massive assumptions about. I suppose I should be used to it by now.

So we are now expected to believe they had never seen Dans old maps etc before. They have been looking for 10 or so years and just "discover" that old surface sketch. Now they will dig another hole 20 feet away after being so sure they had the pit found.

I just want the show to finish now and will watch the last couple of episodes but really am over it now. They are not even pretending to be looking for treasure any longer just spinning out episodes...

This season has been pretty rubbish and has added nothing to the story is my view...

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a ring identical to the ring found on Oak Island by Gary Drayton. It was posted by Donna Depew. She said her mother gave it to her over 40 years ago. The inside inscription says DC X MASS 1893. So how could the ring found on Oak Island be made before 1730. Donna Depew's Ring.jpg Donna Depew's Ring2.jpg

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing that always has amazed me about treasure stories...

There is no limit or bounds to the imaginations of those who seek them.

Especially treasure stories which are based on zero factual data's.

Not like treasure was SAID to be there through some factual historical document.

Not like treasure in some form had been factually found and factually documented.

Not like anyone is even documented as "seeing" anything of value... ever.

YET...

Imagination has built this into Spanish Templar Ships... (WHICH NEVER EXISTED>>> EVER ! ! ! )

And tunnels of traps and gold and on and on.

There is s HUGE difference in basing a "theory" on "speculation"... VERSUS... "Basing a theory on empirical facts".

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was found on Oak Island two stones with a two inch hole bored into them. If they had taken a six foot rod and placed it into these holes at Noon, the shadow would have told them where to go to find the two treasures. Since those stones most likely has been removed? There is no way to find the location today. But I do believe they have been searching on the wrong end of the Island for the past 225 years. The treasure was buried on the West End. I have the Latitude that runs across the center of Oak Island and an "X" marked on an Oak Island map drawn before 1770.

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Noon on what day of the year?

Since, the trips they made were made beginning in April or May and they would arrive around June. I would say the Summer Solstice around June 20.

Last edited:

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
Franklin, stop making things up and go back to that post where you have been arguing with yourself for 67 pages using another name.

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So, a six foot pole at noon would say: "The treasure lies two feet North of the hole this post is in"?

Too much Indiana Jones and too little Eratosthenes.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Since, the trips they made were made beginning in April or May and they would arrive around June. I would say the Summer Solstice around June 20.

Who are the "they"?
Is there any real documentation that "they" made these trips?
Is there any real documentation that "they" actually had treasure to bury on Oak Island?

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was found on Oak Island two stones with a two inch hole bored into them. If they had taken a six foot rod and placed it into these holes at Noon, the shadow would have told them where to go to find the two treasures. Since those stones most likely has been removed? There is no way to find the location today. But I do believe they have been searching on the wrong end of the Island for the past 225 years. The treasure was buried on the West End. I have the Latitude that runs across the center of Oak Island and an "X" marked on an Oak Island map drawn before 1770.

Which “foot” would they have used? As a unit of measure, the foot has varied through time and across cultures.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, a six foot pole at noon would say: "The treasure lies two feet North of the hole this post is in"?

Too much Indiana Jones and too little Eratosthenes.

Have you ever used sticks to find your way out of the woods? You take a 4ft to 6ft straight stick place it straight up and down anytime of the day. Place a small stick at the tip end of the shadow. Wait 15 minutes then place another short stick at the end of the shadow. After another 15 minutes you will have three small sticks in a straight line running west to east. Place a large straight stick 4ft to 6ft along those three short sticks will give you exactly west to east from this you can figure north and south and find your bearing to get out of these woods without a compass.

Now the other to find a bearing or latitude to search for after you leave here is a little more difficult but not impossible. At least for those that leave messages for each other. The longer the stick placed into the hole will give a more accurate reading. But these individuals already agreed on the length of the stick or pole to use. Like "The Staff of Moses" these can be used to find out if you are traveling in the right direction or whether you are North or South of where you want to go. The travelers used like a "Roseline" to travel until they found another marker to tell them to go North or South depending on the latitude they wanted them to find. Once they found this latitude they would stay on that line until they found another drilled marker telling them to change latitude. To measure the Sun's angle at Noon would give them their latitude as to where they are now. The drilled hole would be to the left or the right, telling them to go North or South and the height would give them the new latitude to follow. The Knights Templar traveled all of the World and all over this country in like manner. If the drilled hole cast a shadow of 45 inches in height not in length, then you would stay on 45 degrees latitude. If the reading should be say 43.75 inches then you would have to go North and then follow 43 degrees and 45 minutes. But if the shadow measured more than 45 inches then you would have to go South for that reading. Say 47.25 inches, you would go South to 47 Degrees and 15 minutes. I hope I explained this because this is how they traveled looking for markers or drilled holes as they were really.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have you ever used sticks to find your way out of the woods?

Not since I was in the Boy Scouts. Have you ever noticed that unless you are on the Equator that where the sun appears to the observer at noon changes because of the inclination of the Earth and it's elliptical orbit around the sun? Which is to say - the length of the shadow at noon changes between the vernal to autumnal equinoxes in a cycle.

But knowing the treasure was due East (or West) is handy. There's about 50 miles between the Latitude lines at that Longitude (44 degrees N); so 50 times 360 means you have it narrowed down to 18,000 miles. Though presumably you's stop digging when you ran out of island.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
There was found on Oak Island two stones with a two inch hole bored into them. If they had taken a six foot rod and placed it into these holes at Noon, the shadow would have told them where to go to find the two treasures.
Since those stones most likely has been removed?
There is no way to find the location today.
But I do believe they have been searching on the wrong end of the Island for the past 225 years. The treasure was buried on the West End.
I have the Latitude that runs across the center of Oak Island and an "X" marked on an Oak Island map drawn before 1770.

Is this the location information that you sent to Rick Lagina garnered from Diana Jean Muir's "Sinclair Journals"?
Did you mention the 6 foot rod and that it had been done on Summer Solstice at noon?

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
Oh no, that's the end of this thread: expect the next 53 pages to taken up with arguments about Oak Island and Sinclair, Zena, Templars, Rosicrucians, pyramids, aliens, the Illuminati, which civilisation measured the length of their dong using a stick forked on one end and pointed on the other etc etc.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread