Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what is in the swamp ?

-1499708047.jpg

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyway, fake map or not, 2 islands or 1, what is in the swamp ?

I do not believe any treasure is in the "Swamp" If they found anything in the "Swamp" they would not still be digging in the "Money Pit" this month?

HIO

Greenie
Oct 27, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is that Pyramid covered over shaped object over near Fred Nolan's house in the Cove.

It is an outbuilding. The Lidar scan was exaggerated along the z-axis causing the outbuilding to be deformed.

Projmti.png

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched episode 2. Parts were interesting.. I thought the fact that the blacksmith only thought the two most recent chunks of old tools were the only significant thing they had that would not be found just lying around on any piece of land in that area of Canada. Does not say much for all the effort detecting the island. Those old tools could of gotten there in a million ways. Does not mean people were making mining drills and digging tunnels on OI. They always say 'could of been as old as 15thCentuary. That does not mean they were or even if they were that they got brought to OI then.

So the Spanish Galleon turns out to be dry clay. Well that was a surprise. The old sonic mapping seems to be pretty close to useless for showing much of anything useful.

So they had the choice 1. The rock was natural like exists in the area everywhere 2. There is a man made structure under the swamp because they found natural looking rock and dry clay. Answer: man made structure. Solution build a massive coffer dam in the swamp and dig down to the dry clay....

It was pretty poor when they claimed they had "found a box drain" on the previous series with those three rocks sitting in a triangle.

What can you say.. It was better then I was expecting but the are just throwing money and effort into silly things now because they can...

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In stead of doing gpr scans to locate the box drain shaft leading to the Money Pit, would not it have been easier to slowly uncover the two stones in a notch shape and whatever was behind it, then take a compass reading and drill along that line or either excavate along that line until you come to the Money Pit Shaft. A gpr scan is like the useless sonic blasting scans nothing but high dollar crap.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
The Curse Of Oak Island...TV Series...Rules The Night!

The Curse of Oak Island Season 7.jpg

It was “The Curse of Oak Island” on History Channel in the night’s foremost slot, with a 0.7 rating in adults 18-49. This was up one-tenth of a point from its season seven premiere last week, and more than enough for it to comfortably surpass all of its competition for the night.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read somewhere that a chest of that approx sized filled with with gold would weigh ~2 tonnes.
https://www.paraesthesia.com/archive/2016/05/31/the-pirate-treasure-chest/
lol... So all those TV pirate shows/movies etc have been lying to us when they have 2 people carrying it....

Still I don't think the Laginas will have much trouble carting the treasure they find on OI.

Having said that Marty has lost weight and is looking pretty unhealthy.

It is pretty funny that the only dry holes they have managed to dig are directly under the swamp...

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In stead of doing gpr scans to locate the box drain shaft leading to the Money Pit, would not it have been easier to slowly uncover the two stones in a notch shape and whatever was behind it, then take a compass reading and drill along that line or either excavate along that line until you come to the Money Pit Shaft. A gpr scan is like the useless sonic blasting scans nothing but high dollar crap.
Yep.. It is pretty obvious they have long ago given up looking treasure. Now they are simply trying to find things to fill up 30+ hours of TV.

It does not seem that money is an issue they are facing. So simply need to find things to do.

Some of it is interesting but much of it is not. The hardest thing to believe about the whole show now is that there are still people around that think treasure may be buried in the money pit area...... I do not believe anyone involved with the show believes this to be the case...

Caryl

Feb 2, 2008
Am I missing something here? I did not think the Discovery Channel had anything to do with Oak Island.
DIscovery, INC owns Discovery Channel, Travel Channel and a slew of other broadcast channels

HIO

Greenie
Oct 27, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DIscovery, INC owns Discovery Channel, Travel Channel and a slew of other broadcast channels

Yes, but History is owned by A&E Networks, a joint venture between Hearst Communications & Disney.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to rent a room on Fl gold coast and find treasure of my own. Best part of post. I am green with envy.

Robert_Dazzler

Apr 4, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
some randon dude signs up and claims to work on the show with as much or maybe even less evidence than franklin to back up his claims and you all just automatically believe him? hilarious.

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Robert Dazzler... LOL at the name! I want to hear you say pewter.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread