Season 7 - The story goes on...

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So say the random dude, :laughing7:

alan m, A question please. You do not have to answer should your vows to the freemasons not permit it. But I would like to know if you or any one of the freemasons know what the staircase with the numbers 3,5,7 mean?

I mention this because I too was mentioned with the random dud. I will tell you right off, I know the correct answer to this question. Let me see if the masons are in the know?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here I figured they were just playing Hopscotch.

hopscotch.jpg

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No actually the 3, 5, 7 is the origin of mankind or in other words where man came from and how to get back to the origin.

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
alan m, A question please. You do not have to answer should your vows to the freemasons not permit it. But I would like to know if you or any one of the freemasons know what the staircase with the numbers 3,5,7 mean?

I mention this because I too was mentioned with the random dud. I will tell you right off, I know the correct answer to this question. Let me see if the masons are in the know?
I am sure that my answer will not agree with yours, not that either one is totally right or wrong.
there are two schools of thought which run parallel in Freemasonry, one is traditional, the other esoteric. I do not subscribe to the esoteric line since it did not exist until after Albert Pike.
the traditional answer to your question is;
3 represents the three degrees, the three pillars, and the three primary virtues of brotherly love, relief and truth. Or, Faith, Hope and Charity.
5 represents the five senses, the five architect styles represented by five columns, Doric, Ionic, Tuscan, Corinthian, and Composite.
7 represents the seven liberal arts and sciences.
it is not as exciting or interesting as the esoteric relationships, however, there is a lot that can be learned about Freemasons by the study of these.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sure that my answer will not agree with yours, not that either one is totally right or wrong.
there are two schools of thought which run parallel in Freemasonry, one is traditional, the other esoteric. I do not subscribe to the esoteric line since it did not exist until after Albert Pike.
the traditional answer to your question is;
3 represents the three degrees, the three pillars, and the three primary virtues of brotherly love, relief and truth. Or, Faith, Hope and Charity.
5 represents the five senses, the five architect styles represented by five columns, Doric, Ionic, Tuscan, Corinthian, and Composite.
7 represents the seven liberal arts and sciences.
it is not as exciting or interesting as the esoteric relationships, however, there is a lot that can be learned about Freemasons by the study of these.

I know that is what they teach. I believe there is something else to it as I posted in post #53 above. They changed it after the beginning of the 18th Century. But the Knight's Templar had other ideas.

lnlver

Tenderfoot
Apr 10, 2019
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm keeping an eye on the real star of the show - Billy Gerhardt, heavy equipment operator - to see exactly what he's hanging around for.

Pubmech

Nov 16, 2019
Miami
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could the so-called "Money Pit" actually be nothing but a man-made reservoir to hold the water from the Swamp when the Swamps plug is pulled.. And then to refill the Swamp AFTER those who created this ingenious system were done either depositing, or withdrawing the Treasures under the Swamp when they were done doing what they needed to do. This is precisely why the creators of this unique "Bank Vault" didn't even bother trying to hide the "Swamp Water Holding Tank Hole" (Aka: Money Pit) Has anyone else thought about this possibility before I just now thought of this myself? Just curious.

Last edited:

Pubmech

Nov 16, 2019
Miami
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...or instead of the Swamp being used to hide Treasure, it's probably more likely that it was used to repair Ships, therefore there needed to be a system to quickly drain and refill the Swamp.. Like a modern day Ship Drydocking Facility.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Episode 3

Pretty slow... Found some rocks on the bottom of the swamp (Really surprising on a glacial island covered in rocks...) Learnt that their old tools could of been from as recent as 1840 and found the 1890s dynamite hole. Do love seeing the history but.....

It is amazing that so many people have done so much with no evidence. Those people in the 1890s had no reason to believe those dynamite holes would work.. But "there could be treasure to be found".....So lets blow it up anyway...

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see the dynamite holes as an exercise in frustration - we can't dig a hole 1 mile in diameter and 1 mile deep, so we'll blow it up and hope that it either seals things off, or blows something out of the holes.

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...or instead of the Swamp being used to hide Treasure, it's probably more likely that it was used to repair Ships, therefore there needed to be a system to quickly drain and refill the Swamp.. Like a modern day Ship Drydocking Facility.

That's a very fancy system for a 1700s dry dock; when making use of the ocean tide rising and falling would seem to be a much more practical solution - the construction would be a tiny fraction of the huge underground works.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not to mention that moving a "dry dock" full of water takes a LOT of pump capacity. There would have to be sturdy pads in place to support manual pumps (assuming the Templars/Pirates/whoever didn't have secret gasoline engines or electric motors).

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NYBread will not be returning, he was member who was already on timeout for breaking rules.

Signing up under new name to bypass a time out only increases the original timeout.

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
The show has just descended to 'make it up as you go along' now are they are saying anything to fill air time.

I don't know which was the most 'throw a boot at the tv' moment so far: trying to deflect after the swamp was a failure (again) to not eliminate it because someone, somewhere, sometime MIGHT have dug a tunnel in the dry clay they found under the swamp, or

Trying to run that there is a set of stairs, underwater in the swamp that might lead somewhere.

Last edited:

Pubmech

Nov 16, 2019
Miami
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems to me that the system was designed to use gravity to move the swamp water back and forth, this is why the Money Pit had to be so deep. Also, I don't believe that simply using the shifts in Tide would empty out the Swamp enough, plus they wouldn't have enough time to make a cofferdam before high-tide came back around.

BTW - OI being used as a British Royal Navy Shipyard, or Ship Repair site isn't my idea. An entire book about this Theory has been written about it, and there's very compelling evidence that this is likely the case (unfortunately)!! However, how the Swamp and Money Pit may have been used is my own Theory. Although I'm not sure if someone else has already brought up this same exact theory or not?

will7782

Dec 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if OI was used as a repair site, it would be mentioned in the logs of the various ships that went there. repairing a ship would not need to be kept a secrete

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It seems to me that the system was designed to use gravity to move the swamp water back and forth, this is why the Money Pit had to be so deep. Also, I don't believe that simply using the shifts in Tide would empty out the Swamp enough, plus they wouldn't have enough time to make a cofferdam before high-tide came back around.

Gravity only works in one direction in this part of the known universe. Down.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
The Curse of Oak Island's Ratings for Tuesday...Is A Bobby Dazzler!

[h=1]Tuesday cable ratings: ‘The Curse of Oak Island’ continues to reign[/h]Top 25 original cable shows among adults 18-49 for Tuesday, November 19, 2019
ShowNetTimeTotal viewers (000s)18-49 rating
CURSE OF OAK ISLANDHISTORY9:00 PM3,2240.6

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol... That is a testimony to the lack of quality of shows on cable TV in that time slot..... It was pretty sad viewing...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions