Season 7 - The story goes on...

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
You still have not given the correct answer for 3,5,7 yet. Did you know over say 10,000 years ago it use to be 4,5,7. If you know a 33 degree mason, I would bet he/she does not know the correct answer either.
I know that you don’t know it

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll never tell until you give the sign.

Zom

Dec 8, 2019
USA
Detector(s) used
1975 White Discriminator. Sorry, my metal detector days are over.
Primary Interest:
Other
Billy Gerhardt has advanced from a 'heavy equipment operator' to owner of 'Gerhardt Property Improvement' in one year! I still believe he has a case of Pabst underneath the excavator's seat and whatever he doesn't drink during the day, he polishes the rest off each night.

It might be that they don't know what to call him. I asked my contact at the show why was Gary Drayton called metal detector expert... was it something he wanted and was in a contract? They just didn't know what else to call him.

In Season Six Billy is wearing some tee shirt that says William Gerhardt Property Management... but he's still described as a heavy equipment operator.

This is his web site... and the logo matches that on his shirt. https://gerhardts.ca/

Last edited:

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You still have not given the correct answer for 3,5,7 yet. Did you know over say 10,000 years ago it use to be 4,5,7. If you know a 33 degree mason, I would bet he/she does not know the correct answer either.

Not too many 33 degree masons around. Lots of 32s though.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
But I know the correct answer in what the 10,2,4 numbers mean on a Dr Pepper bottle. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just watched the latest episode why having my lunch at work. I must admit I am still fascinated in the island and the story.

So Rick now admits he does not think the stone they found before was the 90 ft stone. I find the idea that the stone was moved to the other house/museum for safe keeping and then was thrown out in the back yard and left half buried by dirt a bit of a stretch. If it had carvings visible on it one would think 'safe keeping' would be better then dumped in back yard of a local museum where oak island is their most interesting piece of history. My money would be that this is not the 90ft stone even if a stone is found there.

I am pretty sick of Gary and Jack keeping making ridiculous claims. "virgin territory" do they not think Fred Nolan would not off checked out the beach on his land with his own metal detector? The old chunks of metal could of come from anything. The 'assumption" that it was an old wharf is not supported by anything they have found. To me Gary has lost his credibility as an 'expert' and is now just engaging in 'spin' to try to make every find of metal something of significance. I would guess other people like Fred found this rubbish before and just threw it back as non treasure related junk.

Again with the "virgin territory" of the bump out. This area is exposed at low tide so I am pretty sure it would of been explored by someone in the last 200+ years. The tar paper shows that this structure is no earlier the 1800s when this material was used in the Americas. Thus is strongly suggest this structure is searcher or at least only as old as the other structures. Definitely not ancient. It may be related to the naval store operation where they were making pine tar on the island I suppose (J.Steele theory).

The 'assumed' finding of shaft 2 seems to suggest that they believe that all the holes they have dug so far are no where near the money pit. I would love to see a map of the ground with all the holes they have dug marked on it. Including the pattern drilling. I find it difficult to believe their is any virgin territory still left un dug/drilled. The other point is they clearly show that Chapels group in the 1930s new where shaft 9 was (disturbded area on photo). A fact they neglected to tell us last episode. They also are showing the 1930s had known where shaft 2 was (assuming what they have found is actually shaft 2). This would mean Chapel new where the pit was (as much a they are going to by finding shaft 2 & 9). They know where Chapel dug and they have sunk shafts in his old diggings. They seem to be suggesting that they will find a location for the pit that they have not dug or drilled yet. That seems highly unlikely.

The show is still entertaining as a historical show on OI and the search history. I do not think it is still treasure hunting show and the references they make to finding a treasure now just seem faked and lack any credibility is my view.

Last edited:
OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a screen capture from last episode (5.46 mins in ) https://flixtor.to/watch/tv/3394618/the-curse-of-oak-island/season/7/episode/7

MPholes.jpg

All the little blue dots are the geo tech drilling. The big yellow circle is Dunfeild hole. Where Chapel dug has multiple other holes dug in the same location. Including Dunfeilds hole. There hundred foot line goes right threw the area with multiple shafts/holes (6 mins 2 secs into show).

There appears little chance they have missed the shaft given the original pit was meant to be 13 ft wide...

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just want to throw out there that while Dunfield dug a very wide ( some report 100' ) hole it was not that wide at the bottom. Actually no where near that wide. In all the pics I have seen as it gets deeper it gets very narrow as any hole does without bracing.... Just saying that everyone talks about the 100' hole being dug but when it got down to the depth needed it is not very wide. Just as the shows talked about recently being 5' off is like being 50' off... with no way to know for sure....

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
Guys of course they know there is nothing there. It was known by each person who went there, sunk a shaft or hole to learn , like the the person before them there was nothing there. What you are watching now is a person in denial because the alternative and what it means cannot be faced up to.

*and before you do the 'they never reached it' , the original information placed the depth of the treasure at 115 feet. You can verify that by checking that the terminal depths of all the old original shafts are between 110 to 120 feet.

Last edited:
OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guys of course they know there is nothing there....
WHAT..... Really next you will be telling me Santa not going to bring me a present this year.....

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guys of course they know there is nothing there. It was known by each person who went there, sunk a shaft or hole to learn , like the the person before them there was nothing there. What you are watching now is a person in denial because the alternative and what it means cannot be faced up to.

*and before you do the 'they never reached it' , the original information placed the depth of the treasure at 115 feet. You can verify that by checking that the terminal depths of all the old original shafts are between 110 to 120 feet.

Where are you getting the info of "the original information placed the depth of the treasure at 115' " Granted there is the "group" that claims to have hit an object with their drill bit..No ones know how deep the treasure is assuming there is a treasure of course. If you believe the story of the 90' stone it would be at 130' deep, but other then that no one knows how deep a treasure is buried by someone else unless they told you themselves...All other mentions of how deep the treasure is is just a guess by someone...

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People will stage anything to get funds for their treasure hunting. They have found nothing on Oak Island as far as a treasure. Some lads in southern Ohio once threw silver coins down a hole being drilled. They claimed the richest silver mine ever found with a seam of silver seven feet thick. We only need the funds to open the mine up? Yea right. I researched that treasure of a silver mine for years until I found another article that revealed the Hoax. Hoax's have been going on for hundreds of years. If you go back and read Chronicling America. Captain Kidd's treasure were buried everywhere. Investors needed we located Kidd's Treasure ship in a river in New York. Off the coast of Virginia, North Carolina. He was a masterful pirate hiding so much treasure. Just like the Curse of Oak Island and several of the teams before them used a map of Captain Kidd. Had they noticed the date on the map they used was dated 1669. Kidd was born in 1650 to 1654. Quite a feat by a teenager. Quite Ambitious.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And Captain Kidd wasn't even a pirate. Any silk and spices he "buried" from the cargo of the Quedagh Merchant, his one big "score" as captain, would have long ago rotted away. Only the legend remains.

lnlver

Tenderfoot
Apr 10, 2019
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It might be that they don't know what to call him. I asked my contact at the show why was Gary Drayton called metal detector expert... was it something he wanted and was in a contract? They just didn't know what else to call him.

In Season Six Billy is wearing some tee shirt that says William Gerhardt Property Management... but he's still described as a heavy equipment operator.

This is his web site... and the logo matches that on his shirt. https://gerhardts.ca/

I'm just being jocular. Billy is the main reason I watch this; he is the star of the show. :)

sasquash

Nov 2, 2016
North of Quebec
Detector(s) used
Computers
Primary Interest:
Other
Just want to throw out there that while Dunfield dug a very wide ( some report 100' ) hole it was not that wide at the bottom. Actually no where near that wide. In all the pics I have seen as it gets deeper it gets very narrow as any hole does without bracing.... Just saying that everyone talks about the 100' hole being dug but when it got down to the depth needed it is not very wide. Just as the shows talked about recently being 5' off is like being 50' off... with no way to know for sure....

3206FF38-687F-4047-860D-A42D603D8CDD.jpeg 8E1A9AB6-5AC8-4CCE-A343-8CFF19221E0D.jpeg

C540E005-C206-4B7D-BAAB-28CE0D1403DE.jpeg

Last edited:

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
23550417_2084865801737142_8413395583981118067_o.jpg 53473738_2389467001277019_5590762786083831808_o.jpg mmns.jpg

Of course they know where it is. They have from the start.

Here are images of just some of the positions of the boreholes into the original pit site, count how many are numbered just in these photos: all surveyed and plotted. Their positions are known. You have seen them uncover on the show the old shafts so their exact location is also known.

And of course the excuse will be "But those boreholes missed the Money Pit".

What, you think they were either that stupid or inept that they kept missing a 12 foot circle pointed out to them?

They were sunk around it for a reason: because NOTHING was found in the Money Pit!

The searchers then conducted probes around it in case the spot to where everyone was pointing might have been a bit off.

"Say, maybe we just missed the Money Pit, so lets sink one a bit west here to check. Nup, not there either, lets try a bit north, nup, OK, let's try a bit this way then...."

And to say Dunfield missed the Money Pit?

C'mon, that's just denying what occurred. Dunfield excavated THE Money Pit site. Here is a photo. You can see the original shaft marked on the survey diagram photo above is at the side of the excavation so look with your own eyes he was digging the Money Pit. There is also his plan of what was there. 136 feet he went down to.

dd.jpg

And to fill that hole all the accumulated timber, trash and tailings around the place were bulldozed back in.

This is all the crap that that is now being brought back up when another hole is sunk there on the show and presented to you as being evidence that "...something was happening down there".

Attachments

• 52-1.jpg
    52-1.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread