Season 7 - The story goes on...

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just skimmed through the first episode of the new series. Really could not bring myself to watch it all so downloaded it and just scrolled through to the bits that were not just guys talking.... Turned the whole episode into about 15 minutes of actual new stuff.

The finds in the swamp seem to be the only real new things of interest. There does seem to be evidence that the swamp is man made and was not always a swamp. So looking forward to what they find there.

Gary's finds seem to be just more junk that shows people have been visiting Oak Island for a long time...

Cannot really see what they hope to find by extending the wall of the coffer dam in Smiths Cove.

Did not see much to justify another 30+ hours of this......

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm down with the Smiths Cove extension - there's a good chance of something, even if it's just junk dropped by the original depositors from the ships as they docked to do their {big operation}.

But there was plenty of opportunity for Fast Forward. And caught a brief preview of the new "Kings of Pain" show - a group watches Oak Island Recaps continuously, and the last one to scream is the winner.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen the idea put forward that the swamp was an attempt at a man made freshwater dam for the naval stores operation on OI (J.Steele). If so that could support a stone pier into it as an easy way to get large amounts of fresh water into some type of horse drawn tank etc.

I cannot fathom how they can be talking about a "Spanish Gallon" being buried under the mud. That just makes zero sense in my view.

Mike Mercury

Dec 14, 2015
southwest Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still watch the show; love the showcasing of the various methods/tech being utilized. But like others, I now DVR the episodes and then watch while doing a lot of FF through the redundant parts.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I cannot fathom how they can be talking about a "Spanish Galleon" being buried under the mud. That just makes zero sense in my view.
No "Spanish Galleons" during the time of Henry Sinclair and the Templars, unless Diana Jean Muir's next installment of "translated from the Latin, Middle English , Modern English" journals that Sinclair acquired a prototype galleon from Spain by way of the Zeno brothers.

sasquash

Nov 2, 2016
North of Quebec
Detector(s) used
Computers
Primary Interest:
Other
Top 25 moments you never saw

Wow, I just watch this episode.

The best episode to date, emotional one.

But Samuel B. keep my attention ...

At his death he was the richest man in Nova Scotia. If this true, he find the treasure !

Or could it be a lie !

9E4882C6-1CA5-4314-8B3D-189791B025B7.jpeg

Last edited:

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a Spanish Galleon, made of clay...

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

firemanphob

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2018
Lanesville, IN
Detector(s) used
White Coin master 4000
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't feel sorry for the brothers because I imagine the tv money has paid for everything for the last few seasons. What I don't understand is why they don't get a club in there and metal detect the whole island instead of an hour or two at a time with Gary. Seems they want to drag it out for the episodes. It would be a lot better show if they would forget the recaps after every commercial and just get on with it but that way they couldn't make 15 minutes into an hour long episode.

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I don't feel sorry for the brothers because I imagine the tv money has paid for everything for the last few seasons. What I don't understand is why they don't get a club in there and metal detect the whole island instead of an hour or two at a time with Gary. Seems they want to drag it out for the episodes. It would be a lot better show if they would forget the recaps after every commercial and just get on with it but that way they couldn't make 15 minutes into an hour long episode.

Exactly! But yes they want to drag it out for as many years as possible. With enough detecting, they could pin down a base camp, trails and work areas. Don't think they have done LIDAR yet either? Maybe that's all for 2020 season.

etex

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Longview, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly! But yes they want to drag it out for as many years as possible. With enough detecting, they could pin down a base camp, trails and work areas. Don't think they have done LIDAR yet either? Maybe that's all for 2020 season.

2030 not 2020

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why 1347 ?

That was the date on Zena Halpern's French Map. Oak Island was only one island then. Looks like Frog Island though was two separate islands. They buried treasure there too but it was recovered before the American Revolution.

I have today worked out where they took the Ark of the Covenant of God to but I do not know whether it was recovered and taken to Washington City. I believe that it was recovered. But anyway I have worked out where the Knight's Templar took it to and why.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A map never seen or mentioned before 2008 when Zena "found" it.

HIO

Greenie
Oct 27, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

LIDAR of the island has been done. It is publicly available at GeoNova.

kuqbrLn.jpg
iwBEk8x.jpg
Xceb92i.jpg

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me know when season 15 begins.

I will start watching religiously then.

:)

sasquash

Nov 2, 2016
North of Quebec
Detector(s) used
Computers
Primary Interest:
Other
That was the date on Zena Halpern's French Map. Oak Island was only one island then. Looks like Frog Island though was two separate islands. They buried treasure there too but it was recovered before the American Revolution.

I have today worked out where they took the Ark of the Covenant of God to but I do not know whether it was recovered and taken to Washington City. I believe that it was recovered. But anyway I have worked out where the Knight's Templar took it to and why.

Sorry to say that this is not a credible map ...
And not a credible old french ...

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to say that this is not a credible map ...
And not a credible old french ...

It was credible until Scott Wolter talked to Don Ruhl. You never know whether the letter is credible or not either. By letter I mean the letter where Don Ruhl claims Bill Jackson made it up to catch some shady characters. They may have another motive claiming the map is fake. Myself I believe the map is credible.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread