Flood Tunnels Would Have To Be 600' long?

Zom

Dec 8, 2019
USA
Detector(s) used
1975 White Discriminator. Sorry, my metal detector days are over.
Primary Interest:
Other
If you have Google Earth it has a yardstick function and one can measure the distance from Smith Cove to where the main search for the money pit has been conducted. If there's a flood tunnel... it would have to be at least 550-600' long. That seems a stretch. The elevation of the dig area is only about 30-35' about sea level. So if the Money Pit flooded at 90' that's 60' below sea level.

Obviously something odd happened at Oak Island but I have a hard time believing that if there was a treasure, that someone would go through this effort. If its booby trapped, and the trap was sprung how much harder would it be to retrieve by the people who put it there?

I wonder more about the cave-in pit. There had to be a void to create a cave-in. That's only about 150' from shore, perhaps 200' from the U-shaped structure and about 5' above sea level. There's no need to be 600' from shore if the intent was to dig below sea level.

BTW, was the stone arrow pointing to the money pit area down by Smith Cove or south of the money pit area?

Last edited:

Haldean

Feb 11, 2019
Burlington NC
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have no trouble believing that they dug a 600 ft tunnel after seeing the tunnels they made at the French fort they showed the other week. I do however wonder about the cave in pit you are talking about. Some of the many questions I have about it is what do they know about it. Do they know who caused it? It seems strange to me that they show so little interest in it being that it is in line with the flood tunnels. There are just to many questions that they may know the answers to but I don't.

Steamboat

Feb 20, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The real treasure in treasure hunting is getting investors or a TV show to finance what ever you are doing. The longer you can drag the search out the more $$$$ you get.

gr88bd

Dec 11, 2017
Grove City, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250, Divining Rods, brass pendulum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perhaps the cave- in pit is really what everyone is looking for , hiding in plain sight ....

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BTW, was the stone arrow pointing to the money pit area down by Smith Cove or south of the money pit area?
I assume you mean the Stone Triangle

OakIsland.png

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is the only actual photograph of the original triangle (source: J.Steele - Oak Island Mystery - Solved) that I am aware of.

stone%20cross.jpg

Last edited:

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perhaps the cave- in pit is really what everyone is looking for , hiding in plain sight ....

It's all a bit jumbled in my mind, but I recall an episode where Dave Blankenship talked of drilling a hole near the cave-in pit and encountering a steel door. It would seem worthwhile to investigate further.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have Google Earth it has a yardstick function and one can measure the distance from Smith Cove to where the main search for the money pit has been conducted. If there's a flood tunnel... it would have to be at least 550-600' long. That seems a stretch. The elevation of the dig area is only about 30-35' about sea level. So if the Money Pit flooded at 90' that's 60' below sea level.

Obviously something odd happened at Oak Island but I have a hard time believing that if there was a treasure, that someone would go through this effort. If its booby trapped, and the trap was sprung how much harder would it be to retrieve by the people who put it there?

I wonder more about the cave-in pit. There had to be a void to create a cave-in. That's only about 150' from shore, perhaps 200' from the U-shaped structure and about 5' above sea level. There's no need to be 600' from shore if the intent was to dig below sea level.

And Petter Amundsen researched ciphers in Francis Bacon's edits in Shakespeare's later plays to discover a star map, leading to Oak Island.

He even derived measurements above ground that led to the uncovering of man made stones that were cut in half buried underground

How would he be able to do that all the way from Norway if he was following a hoax?

How would I be able to have invited him to the American Cryptogram Association's Annual Convention in Vermont in 2017, where he was the guest speaker and keynote, if this was all a hoax

What is a hoax is the TV Show.....and the proof is in the fact that they continually portray the facts based on their rights of ownership, where Petter's right and claim has come from BEFORE they bought the island, in 2003.

So because he exposed the true nature of the troves being religious, and not monetary, he asked the govt to secure the locations and halt the digs without a more formal approach, and he was banned from the island and his research was thrown out.

Now what say you?

Great Seal Deciphered.jpg

Looks like it takes a set of wings to get to the "Chapel Vault" instead of an excavator

What was that old saying?

As Above As It Is Below?

Seems fitting

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
And Petter Amundsen researched ciphers in Francis Bacon's edits in Shakespeare's later plays to discover a star map, leading to Oak Island.
He even derived measurements above ground that led to the uncovering of man made stones that were cut in half buried underground
How would he be able to do that all the way from Norway if he was following a hoax?
How would I be able to have invited him to the American Cryptogram Association's Annual Convention in Vermont in 2017, where he was the guest speaker and keynote, if this was all a hoax...

Now what say you?
Did you offer him a Power Pedal Work Bike exclusive franchise for Norway for his ACA appearance?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

By selectively choosing information to back into a destination and story that he wanted to support would be the obvious answer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread