Nolan's Cross

Zom

Dec 8, 2019
USA
Detector(s) used
1975 White Discriminator. Sorry, my metal detector days are over.
Primary Interest:
Other
It's easy to say there's a line up of stones that make a cross... but without seeing a map of all the giant stones on OI, it could just be a projection.

And it should be easy to tell if the "face" stone was indeed chiseled into the stone... but no one on the show ever asks that question.

So what would be the point? Unless it had some connection to the dynamited H+O stone. Has anyone looked for the fragments?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fred Nolan surveyed ever stone and everything on Oak Island. Rick and Marty now have those maps. They could post the measurements and alignments on the stones but I do not expect them to. The best way to find the alignment on the stones is take the GPS co-ordinates that Petter Admundsen did when he found the Kingdom and Victory Stones. Go to the Oak Island websites they have a ton of information on the stones.

OP
OP
Z

Zom

Dec 8, 2019
USA
Detector(s) used
1975 White Discriminator. Sorry, my metal detector days are over.
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm reading Amundsen's 2003 paper as we speak.

I briefly saw at least one of Nolen's maps on the show and it was quite detailed.

I have problems with the idea of Nolen's Cross or any other theory that can't lead to a precise dig site (assuming that's the intent) because how good were surveying techniques whenever... especially given the irregular surface and the forest... and being 5' off is as good as being 1000' off. That's another reason I think this Cygnus theory is nuts.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I briefly saw at least one of Nolen's maps on the show and it was quite detailed.

I have problems with the idea of Nolen's Cross or any other theory that can't lead to a precise dig site (assuming that's the intent) because how good were surveying techniques whenever... especially given the irregular surface and the forest... and being 5' off is as good as being 1000' off. That's another reason I think this Cygnus theory is nuts.

Cygnus runs a little West of Oak Island. Deneb is in the Bay of Fundy. Makes a lot of sense to me what Petter said in his research. I am only sorry he has not continued his research further.

SSR

Sep 24, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Why exactly a dig site? Where did you get this idea form? Why should Nolan's cross be a pointer to a dig site? Nolan's cross relates to the main survey dividing line on the island and the Welling triangle pointer which sits on that line. The stem alignment of NC intersects the survey line at a point from which one can draw an arc through the the Welling pointer which will also coincide with the point where the 7 degree offset intersects NC's stem. There's a perfect three way geometric relationship there you need to appreciate.

https://i.imgur.com/uI0j0IH.png

This arc I mention is part of a reference circle that can be symbolically placed on the island. One you have that on paper you don't need to survey any more on the island, much less dig. The rest is given to you by simple geometric considerations on paper. In my opinion, the Welling triangle pointer was laid down in less than a day. NC's cones were put in place in perhaps a couple of days. That's it and that's all. The rest of Nolan's map survey are attempts to seek out any more meaning in anything he could reference (probably not a bad thing to have verified from a curiosity standpoint). None of the other spots correspond to similar cones. The consensus is that it's hard to interpret the rest. I have no doubt since most of it is probably noise around drilled stones and such.

The point of interest to be ultimately deduced is the MP spot, but it is only important in symbolic ways. You don't dig there unless you are interested in acting out a familiar old masonic themed ritual based in an old myth. If you do want to reenact it you will need 3 men and a pulley/block. Legend says your shaft will flood then collapse on you. Can't say you weren't warned by those old myths of Enoch's vault...The old legends surround the wisdom that is found at the inner ninth level of your being. The name on the stone is the unspeakable name of God. It's unspeakable because we have no words to describe what God is. If you gain the wisdom needed you can be like Elijah and Enoch and be projected directly into heaven. It's a masonic inspired allegory.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread