Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"How long will this go on?? "

Well... according to the script of Season 20 episode 11...

A nail is found that may be from the beginning of nails... made by the master nail maker "HeNailio"... using a steel that only existed during the cretaceous period.

So... for at least that long.

OR till no one cares anymore.

Which ever comes first.

Hmmm... this reminds me... must set the DVR.

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"How long will this go on?? "

Well... according to the script of Season 20 episode 11...

The original ancient prophesy from the 1960's says something like: " Seven seasons must die." So, maybe next year for season eight they'll find something.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The original ancient prophesy from the 1960's says something like: " Seven seasons must die." So, maybe next year for season eight they'll find something.

Hmmm I think it was 7 seagulls...

So now they have to find evidence of seagull activity... like poop or seagull feet scratched into stone....

and then find and talk to a seagull expert... this part fills 1/3 an episode.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't watch it! Your time would be better spent watching "The Detectorist":laughing7:

danloop

Feb 16, 2014
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Unicorn Treasure Master Pro
Modes:
Dowsing
Pulse Induction
Multi-Frequency
Ground Penetrating Radar
Beat Frequency Oscillation
Aural Target Identification
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I lost interest after several episodes of finding a chunk of wood, a nail, and a pulltab.

Zom

Dec 8, 2019
USA
Detector(s) used
1975 White Discriminator. Sorry, my metal detector days are over.
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to tnet
It’s all about cash. As long as ratings cause the network to give them cash and companies give free equipment to get their products on air it will stretch on to infinity.

I think you'd have a point if the effort on OI was being done on the cheap like Civil War Gold.

But the Laginas and Tester must be spending millions of their own money.

Zom

Dec 8, 2019
USA
Detector(s) used
1975 White Discriminator. Sorry, my metal detector days are over.
Primary Interest:
Other
I lost interest after several episodes of finding a chunk of wood, a nail, and a pulltab.

Ya, but it was a TEMPLAR pulltab!!!

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've said right along that if you have that good a connection with telling the future how about just pointing out where to drive the hole to dig any treasure up. But it does make for a better treasure myth.

Woman+crystal+ball+fortune+teller.JPG

Hell, even if the treasure was gone maybe then the Amazing Randi would award the $1,000,000 prize for proof of the paranormal.

Last edited:

SSR

Sep 24, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have good reason to believe that was not the case. The French had a fort on the La Have river not far in the 1600s. There was a very small French/Acadian village at Mirligueche where Chester is today that barely lasted until the deportation period. You can eliminate the French from the equation around 1755. Germans are settled in the area before any English are at nearby Lunenberg. Its' the New England Planters that are the first Brits to settle in the Shoreham grant that included OI. OI was surveyed in 1762. The main survey line and the lot line headings are mixed up in the geometric details of the alleged mystery. It likely means the mystery is devised after 1762. That makes sense because Freemasons aren't really organized in NS until 1758. The mystery itself is based in reform period religious ideas that one would not immediately attribute to the French, unless they were all Hugueneots (they ones that came in 1630 with Razilly were not). There simply was no great obsession in Catholic France with Enoch's vault. It's not a trivial detail. It's the sort of Protestant fervor in this story that Mormonism was built up with. Enoch's vault is a darling theme to Freemasons. It makes very little sense that any colonial French settler would have put in place a staging of that mystery. It really only starts to make sense that it would be done after Freemasonry organizes itself in NS with the earliest British imports. A couple of sources attribute it to someone from the 61st regiment, a regiment that had been based in Ireland before it came to NS for good in 1758.

GoldieLocks

Bronze Member
Dec 28, 2019
Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The reality is, if these men have to use extraordinary types of modern equipment to go as deep, etc...as they believe they must, the Vikings, or Norwegians just didn't have that sort of equipment. It wasn't real, or done in the way that they think treasure was hidden by depth! *Really if it quacks like a duck, it's not really realistic!

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The reality is, if these men have to use extraordinary types of modern equipment to go as deep, etc...as they believe they must, the Vikings, or Norwegians just didn't have that sort of equipment. It wasn't real, or done in the way that they think treasure was hidden by depth! *Really if it quacks like a duck, it's not really realistic!

Keep in mind as I have said before, that who ever digs the first hole will have an easier time of it not caving in. The guy that digs right beside it will have some trouble, and it gets worse with every hole dug near by from then... As one hole hits water the next hole/tunnel that hits that will fill etc etc....

caretaker

Jan 20, 2008
Maine
Detector(s) used
2-XLT, AT Pro, CZ20, E-Trac, Excal II, GTI 1500, 250, BH 101, HH Diver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
til they find it or die trying, the it will be 7 and the next guy will find it

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think you'd have a point if the effort on OI was being done on the cheap like Civil War Gold.

But the Laginas and Tester must be spending millions of their own money.

You do realize that anything you see not blurred is paying to be seen? Garrett and all the big equipment. Even the drilling company. If the Laginas paid they wouldn’t get the advertisement

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread