So far in the recent 2019 and 2020 Oak Island shows what have they really found?

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP DĂ©us & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Billy found a shirt with a really important title on it!

More crazy theories and new crazy people.

Thank god for the DVR and FF button! Whoooo!!!

SSR

Sep 24, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are doing their best to relocate previous searcher activity. That is something they can certainly show you to try and force the suggestion that what has been alleged in the past has merit today.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
According to Robot a relatively large audience.

OP
OP
S

Steamboat

Feb 20, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the update. I watched every show till this year. I got sick of the announcer ??????? I got sick of the so called experts. I got tired of all the wasted time like when they explored a well and found a modern quarter. I got tired of them looking twice for the 90 ft stone and then they think they have it, and then they don't. I got tired of all the Knights Templar theories with absolutely no evidence on Oak Island for the theories.
I wish they would find something real but I don't think they will.
By the way, "Gold Rush" now claims it is the most watched show.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... I got tired of all the Knights Templar theories with absolutely no evidence on Oak Island for the theories.
I wish they would find something real but I don't think they will...
If they find more coconut coir, it has to mean that the Templars put it there! :laughing7:

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Do You Believe Everything...Gold Rush...Tells You?

Thanks for the update. I watched every show till this year. I got sick of the announcer ??????? I got sick of the so called experts. I got tired of all the wasted time like when they explored a well and found a modern quarter. I got tired of them looking twice for the 90 ft stone and then they think they have it, and then they don't. I got tired of all the Knights Templar theories with absolutely no evidence on Oak Island for the theories.

Yes... Gold Rush is viewed as No.1 on Friday night...only because... The Curse Of Oak Island is viewed on Tuesday night.

Other than that...The Curse of Oak Island.... beats Gold Rush... by nearly a "Whooping" 30% increase in Viewership!

Gold Rush.png The Curse Of Oak Island TV Ratings.png

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Is that because the Templars held monopoly with their coconut coir cartel?
An inaccurate calculation of the ratio of C12 to C14 could cause the date of the coir to appear much older than it actually was.
the error coming from using the C14 uptake rate based upon terrestrial organisms without taking into account the aquatic environment.
the coir most likely dates from the 1600’s, more in line with the tree ring dating of Oak found on the island, thus no Templars.........sorry Gary

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
An inaccurate calculation of the ratio of C12 to C14 could cause the date of the coir to appear much older than it actually was.
the error coming from using the C14 uptake rate based upon terrestrial organisms without taking into account the aquatic environment.
the coir most likely dates from the 1600’s, more in line with the tree ring dating of Oak found on the island, thus no Templars.........sorry Gary

Hmm, your "An inaccurate calculation ... could" sounds rather spurious, I think I will accept the work of Beta Analytic!

Cheers, Loki

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hmm, your "An inaccurate calculation ... could" sounds rather spurious, I think I will accept the work of Beta Analytic!

Cheers, Loki
Not surprised, whatever “info” supports your wild theory, for your information, Beta Analytics does not develop or create the C14 uptake data used to calibrate C14 dating results, their conclusion is only as accurate as those calibration curves for C14 uptake.
you obviously know nothing about C14 dating

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Also, all of the other evidence as well as the Oak tree ring dating concur with a date around 1650, but lets go with the 1300’s dating of the C14 coconut fiber, that makes more sense.....:laughing7:

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I sort of watched the first 3 or 4 seasons. Even with DVR I just can't take the announcer and wacko ideas. My favorite was the hidden works of Shakespeare, what better place to store paper/parchment artifacts then in an underwater hole across the ocean, makes perfect sense.

At this point there is no possible way there is some hidden treasure there. The only thing they my find is more investors and/or TV ratings.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Also, all of the other evidence as well as the Oak tree ring dating concur with a date around 1650, but lets go with the 1300’s dating of the C14 coconut fiber, that makes more sense.....:laughing7:

What does the oak tree ring dating have to do with it? I don't think I premised anybody bringing oak trees to Oak Island! Btw, Beta Analytics still does C-14 tests and has an excellent reputation.

Cheers, Loki

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The pits dug for the treasures had no wood in them. And they were no more than 27 feet deep.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread