TV show

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I’m done watching the weekly show, it’s occurred to me that what Im watching actually happened last year, and if they found anything it would be all over the news already.

Yes, this season was filmed in the late spring/summer/early fall of 2019. I agree, they couldn't keep a big find under wraps. I still keep hoping for some intriguing cultural clue to what had happened there though.

OP
OP
Bruce R

Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They have permits and bonding out the wazoo and close government scrutiny, they couldn’t find something and keep it secret for a year just to accommodate a tv show. The government is letting them spend their money but is ready to step in an take over if something significant is found, and I would be willing to bet that if that should happen there would be a complete media blackout and we would never hear any more about the place.

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your kidding right...

If they dig just 10 foot deeper the will find....

f2a93add09287a56a97779484e6781af.jpg

I believe that is the Ark of the Covenant on top...

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm not sure they show the events in which they actually happened. In January this year, they had an episode in which their digging was distrupted by Hurricane Dorian, which hit Nova Scotia in early September, 2019. That was broadcast 2 1/2 months ago, so are we to assume the show this week (3/18) is from mid-November? I didn't think they filmed that late in the season.

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure there's some re-mixing of the season's events to fit the storyline, and the show isn't a simple linear rebroadcast of the time line. That way they can date objects as soon as they're dug up: "Oh, look at this Templar spike that dates from 1710-1790".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread