Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
7 must die searching for the treasure, huh ? Well I noticed that when Fred Nolan died the shows started with the narrator saying that 7 must die “actively “ searching for the treasure, after a couple episodes they dropped that line and went back to the original. Blankenship is now dead, and since he was in partnership with the Michigan Group, he never stopped looking for the treasure. Granted, he wasn’t digging holes, but he was still investing in the search and researching and had “boots on the ground “ as they say on the show, so he was still actively involved, I know, I saw him there on tv. So, we have 7 dead, where’s the damn loot ?

OP
OP
Bruce R

Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe it has to be somebody dying on film ? We should start a betting pool, my money is on Billy, that lad is gonna seize up climbing in and out of the excavator. Anyone else ?

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This guy..

z0ywcSf.jpg

Steamboat

Feb 20, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gazzahk, excellent article.
Any legend that says people must die before treasure can be found has no connection with reality.
If someone does need to die, I nominate the announcer. Toss him down one of the boreholes.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gazzahk, excellent article.
Any legend that says people must die before treasure can be found has no connection with reality.
If someone does need to die, I nominate the announcer. Toss him down one of the boreholes.

Please NO....he may survive and find a knights templar pull tab.....enough material for another episode

chub

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The only curse of oak island is on those still watching it

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
...Any legend that says people must die before treasure can be found has no connection with reality...
I was hoping that it was a reference to after 7 seasons if no treasure was found by the 8th the shows funding would die.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wasn't there one of the film crew that died while filming? I vaguely remember something about they didn't notify his family for a long time, so they could tweek the script / plot or something. Anyone able to fill in the blanks in my memory?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Seven seasons have died uneventful deaths.

Funny that some 1960's writer for "True" magazine (Jack Sivley) could come up with a unsourced statement like how many must die . . . but left no word on what the treasure is or where precisely it might be found.

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched either part of the second season, or perhaps part of the third season. Man I thought I was gonna die because it was so phony! Haven't watched it since!

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
...he may survive and find a knights templar pull tab.....enough material for another episode
...or find Henry Sinclair's famous St Katherine ship that was scuttled in the swamp with a treasure vault 30 feet underneath.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
carvings.jpg

If they would just HOP to the East as the arrow showed then maybe they would find this

Clues.jpg

Only to find that the Freemason's were playing them as fools

Great Seal Deciphered.jpg

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
7 must die searching for the treasure, huh ? Well I noticed that when Fred Nolan died the shows started with the narrator saying that 7 must die “actively “ searching for the treasure, after a couple episodes they dropped that line and went back to the original. Blankenship is now dead, and since he was in partnership with the Michigan Group, he never stopped looking for the treasure. Granted, he wasn’t digging holes, but he was still investing in the search and researching and had “boots on the ground “ as they say on the show, so he was still actively involved, I know, I saw him there on tv. So, we have 7 dead, where’s the damn loot ?

We have 8 dead.....the Producer from Prometheus has passed away as of a few months ago apparently

And if you want to be really accurate....one of the people on the Production Team on the show was found dead as well in the 3rd or 4th season

Didn't hear about it when Hutton said that he was found kneeling next to his bed?

What kind of Hoaxish Trash is that I have no idea, but that would make 9 dead......

OP
OP
Bruce R

Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sure it could be a hoax, a very expensive one though, and a very popular one. Popular enough that I think one of the bigger networks would have bought them out. I haven’t seen any treasure yet, but if they’re truly pulling up hand hewn timber from 150 feet underground then SOMETHING was going on there, if it was simply mining, why is there no record of it and what were they mining for ?

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure it could be a hoax, a very expensive one though, and a very popular one. Popular enough that I think one of the bigger networks would have bought them out. I haven’t seen any treasure yet, but if they’re truly pulling up hand hewn timber from 150 feet underground then SOMETHING was going on there, if it was simply mining, why is there no record of it and what were they mining for ?

The timber was from previous searcher tunnels. The show's script always makes a big deal when timbers are found (as well as jack beagley's "I almost cant keep a straight face" look) but later in the episode someone always mentions the previous hoax promoting diggers that left the wood......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread