The real treasure in treasure hunting

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... I read it in the green covered book that Mel Fisher sent me for helping him find over one million dollars in gold and yellow diamonds off of Sebastian, Florida.
I still have his signed autograph and message, thanking me for all my help...
You helped Mel Fisher find "over one million dollars in gold and yellow diamonds" and all he gave you was a book?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No. Not enough said! I have the photocopies of the book and it autographed by Mel Fisher with his thanks. So now enough said.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mel Fisher searched for years in the Alligator Keys probably 100 miles from where the Atocha and Margarita went down. Had it not been for Eugene Lyons going to work in the Archives in Seville, Spain, Mel Fisher would never have been put in the area. Also he would not have found the Mother Lode unless a bicyclist from Tennessee. The biker found the Mother Lode after years of Mel Fisher and his crews inability to locate the treasure.

Here ya go with this again. heh

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
No. Not enough said! I have the photocopies of the book and it autographed by Mel Fisher with his thanks. So now enough said.
Does Mel Fisher's autograph and thanks confirm your statement that you helped him discover "over one million dollars in gold and yellow diamonds off of Sebastian Florida"?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When it is the truth and I have been called out by this ECS on a post that died a year ago. YES

Madmox

Mar 26, 2014
In my view, the Laginas and Oak Island show is nothing more than cheap reality TV. Junk TV for the masses. Find nothing, but hint at something soon.

Gilligan Island with a treasure twists.

I stopped watching that a long long time ago.

Except Oak Island doesn’t have Mary Ann and Ginger. Just the Laginas.....[emoji3525]

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
POST #14 MARCH 29, 2020

I don't have the book right now. But I read it in the green covered book that Mel Fisher sent me for helping him find over one million dollars in gold and yellow diamonds off of Sebastian, Florida. I still have his signed autograph and message, thanking me for all my help...
Not to doubt you Franklin, but you have posted questionable information in the past AND many have claimed to have "helped" Mel Fisher who were never involved with him, while there are several TN members that indeed were involved with Mel Fisher and aided in his successful recovery of treasure.
What was the name of the wreck off Sebastian that held "over one million dollars in gold and yellow diamonds" and how and when did you help Mel Fisher find this wreck?
You must admit that it is curious that for your help you only received a book and autograph from Mel.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not to doubt you Franklin, but you have posted questionable information in the past AND many have claimed to have "helped" Mel Fisher who were never involved with him, while there are several TN members that indeed were involved with Mel Fisher and aided in his successful recovery of treasure.
What was the name of the wreck off Sebastian that held "over one million dollars in gold and yellow diamonds" and how and when did you help Mel Fisher find this wreck?
You must admit that it is curious that for your help you only received a book and autograph from Mel.

Look it up in the newspapers around Ft. Piece in or around 1989 or 1990. I even have a copy of the hand drawn map he made for me of his salvage ship off of Sebastian Inlet. I marked the map where I believed there was a lot of gold. After one of his sons found the gold and yellow diamonds that Fall after my brother and I had returned home. Mel Fisher sent me a letter of thanks and a copy of the newspaper article.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bob Weller found a large number of silver coins and two diamond-studded brooches and pair of diamond earrings... but that was in early 90's.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... The gold and yellow diamonds were found in 8 feet of water probably 600 to 800 feet from the shoreline.
Here you go it was in 1993.

https://www.tampabay.com/archive/1993/07/12/divers-find-diamonds-gold/
That newspaper article confirms AARC's post concerning Bob "Frogfoot" Weller's discovery of items from the San Roman 1775 wreck off of Sebastian.
Weller, originally from Greensboro, NC, worked the area of Kip Wagner's discovery of the 1715 shipwreck Spanish treasure fleet, which Mel Fishers bought the rights after Wagner left in 1989.
The wreckage debris field was well map, documented, and salvage claims filed long before Fisher was involved.
Weller's Crossed Anchors Salvage were often sub-contactors to Mel Fisher's recovery activities.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The same day I also told Mel Fisher about the rescue ships of the Fleet sent out from Cuba to rescue the survivors. They took the aristocrats and all the treasures that had been salvaged. They set sail and these ships went down near Fernandina Beach, I believe either near 9th Street or 6th Street. Can not remember today. But anyway, Mel Fisher told me that Kip Wagner's son had a salvage contract for that area.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Look it up in the newspapers around Ft. Piece in or around 1989 or 1990.
even have a copy of the hand drawn map he made for me of his salvage ship off of Sebastian Inlet.
I marked the map where I believed there was a lot of gold. After one of his sons found the gold and yellow diamonds that Fall after my brother and I had returned home.
Mel Fisher sent me a letter of thanks and a copy of the newspaper article.
Please post the news article Mel sent you concerning his son finding the gold and yellow diamonds of Sabastian from the Fisher hand drawn map you marked.
As noted, the linked article you posted refers to Weller's find which is all my research and of a retired Florida newspaper editor friend could find.
Thank you.

PS: It was Ed Gavron who found that wreck off of Amelia Island/Fernandina Beach in 1989.
It seems you are confusing the 1715 fleet wreck site discoveries with Weller's 1775 San Roman discovery and have embellished that find that before being sold to a private collector was on display ar Mel Fisher's Museum in Key West for many years.

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please post the news article Mel sent you concerning his son finding the gold and yellow diamonds of Sabastian from the Fisher hand drawn map you marked.
As noted, the linked article you posted refers to Weller's find which is all my research and of a retired Florida newspaper editor friend could find.
Thank you.

PS: It was Ed Gavron who found that wreck off of Amelia Island/Fernandina Beach in 1989.
It seems you are confusing the 1715 fleet wreck site discoveries with Weller's 1775 San Roman discovery and have embellished that find that before being sold to a private collector was on display ar Mel Fisher's Museum in Key West for many years.

I am confusing nothing. You are the one confused all the time. I found about the shipwrecks off Amelia Island from the letters of Alexander Spotswood. I also read where Daniel Boone and Mingo walked to near Jacksonville, Fla. looking for the wreck of the 1715 fleet. But they turned West out towards Pensacola and returned home.

DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am confusing nothing. You are the one confused all the time. I found about the shipwrecks off Amelia Island from the letters of Alexander Spotswood. I also read where Daniel Boone and Mingo walked to near Jacksonville, Fla. looking for the wreck of the 1715 fleet. But they turned West out towards Pensacola and returned home.

You get too much "history" from television. "Mingo" was not the name of a real person. The Mingo people are a branch of the Seneca-Cayuga people originally from Ohio, now have a small reservation near me in Oklahoma. "Mingo" is also a corruption of the Muskogean/Choctaw/Chickasaw word "minko", a term for a wise man or sachem. But... a white frontiersman/cowboy MUST have an Indian sidekick in 1960's television...and "mingo" is a cool Indian word...thus "Mingo the Indian" was created by NBC in 1964.

There is NO record or reference that Daniel Boone had an "Indian sidekick" who travelled the country with him. The only "travelling companion" Boone is known to have had was John Stewart who spent two years exploring Kentucky with him a few years after Boone visited Florida around Pensacola.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Boone did travel to Florida (Pensacola area at least) with his brother, Squire Boone Jr..

It would have been sometime after Squire Sr. (Daniel's father) passed away in 1765 but before the fall of 1767.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boone did travel to Florida (Pensacola area at least) with his brother, Squire Boone Jr..

It would have been sometime after Squire Sr. (Daniel's father) passed away in 1765 but before the fall of 1767.

Squire Boone's nickname was Mingo.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Never heard that one.

"MIngo" was the Cherokee character played by Ed Ames in the Disney Boone TV fiction series.

And Leonard Nimoy played the Seminole "Oontah" in the same TV series.

daniel_boone_nimoy_3.jpg

Sure you're not having some leakage between reality and fantasy?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread