The real treasure in treasure hunting

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I am confusing nothing. You are the one confused all the time...
What was confusing is that posted link you provided about Bob "Frogfoot" Weller's find off if Sebastian that had nothing to with with what you stated.
So please unconfuse us all by posting the newspaper article that Mel Fisher sent you concerning your helping him find "over a million dollars in gold and yellow diamonds" off Sebastian, Florida.

DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Squire Boone's nickname was Mingo.

Odd that no one in the family mentioned "Uncle Squire" as having a nickname, or ever being called "Mingo"...I still have Van Cleave relatives living in North Carolina.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well "Moe" was nicknamed "Mighty Moe"... due to the fact he had what is considered "the knack"... the "the golden touch"... an intuition... and a luck in finding items.

One of his finds earned him that nickname after his hit of over 500 GOLD coins and several gold chains in one dive... which was one of the largest single hauls off of pierce.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... I also read where Daniel Boone and Mingo walked to near Jacksonville, Fla. looking for the wreck of the 1715 fleet. But they turned West out towards Pensacola and returned home.
Daniel Boone, his brother Squire and a group of men traveled to British Florida in 1765 to purchase land in Pensacola.
Boone's plan of relocation after purchasing that land never materialized due to his wife, Rebecca, refusal to move away from family and friends.
If you have a source of Daniel and Mingo walking to Jacksonville to look for a 1715 wreck, please post that information.

*NOTE* During the British period in Florida (1763-1783) the small settlement was called COW FORD and was name Jacksonville in 1821 with the signing of the ADAMS-ONIS TREATY when the United States gained Florida from Spain.

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was asked who "Moe" was... and that is a very damn good question... FOR... it seems Franklin would like to know "who" Moe is as well... beings I am getting the sense due to his statements repeatedly of the "bicyclist" finding Atocha... which I have remained in silence on and just chalked up as "whatever".

So... "Who is Moe" ?

"Moe" Molinar... WAS THE DIVER who FIRST found "Nuestra Senora de la Atocha".

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PS... He passed some years ago... I saw the eulogy and I am trying to relocate it... will post.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found similar anyway...

"Demostenes "Moe" Molinar, the diver who found the treasure-laden wreckage of the Spanish galleon "Nuestra Senora de la Atocha" off the Florida Keys, will be buried in private ceremonies this afternoon. While working off the Treasure Coast he found about 7,000 silver coins.

Molinar, a 78-year-old Fort Pierce resident, died April 23.

Molinar is a legend among treasure divers, said Buddy Martin, a longtime diving associate.

"He is highly revered in the treasure salvaging field," Martin said. "He is known worldwide and has been in National Geographic and other publications. Yet he never had an ego you might think would go with that reputation."

Dave Crooks, former vice president of Mel Fisher's Treasure Salvors, said Molinar met Mel Fisher when Fisher's boat broke down in the Panama Canal in 1959.

"Moe fixed it and stayed on board throughout the entire trip," Crooks said. "At the end Mel offered him a job and Moe stayed with Mel until Mel's death."

The energetic Molinar rose from diesel mechanic to boat captain and his boat, the "Virgalona" has become known as the "treasure findingest boat in the business," Martin said.

Molinar was diving with Fisher off the Florida Keys on July 20, 1985 when he found in the sand the first treasure to come from the Atocha. The Atocha had gone down in a storm in 1622. Eventually, there would be 40 tons of gold, 1,000 silver bars, 100,000 silver coins, plus emeralds, rubies and other gems.

In July 1973, Molinar discovered the wreck of the slave ship "Henrietta Marie" that sank in 1700 off the Florida Keys. It is now the basis of a museum on shore.

"Next to Mel Fisher and Bob Weller, Moe has found more gold and treasure in Florida waters than anyone else," Martin said.

It was also Molinar who rescued the survivors and recovered the bodies of Fisher's son and daughter-in-law and a diver named Rick Gage, after their treasure hunting vessel sank while they worked above the wreckage of the Atocha, said Martin.

Born in 1932 in Colon, Panama, Molinar has lived in St. Lucie County since 1962 after he joined Fisher's company."

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was not talking about the person that found the first treasure of the Atocha. Without Eugene Lyons, Mel Fisher's salvors would never have relocated where any treasure could be found of the Atocha. Yes Mo found the first treasure. One of sons found the cannons later to verify the Atocha on the manifest that Eugene Lyon sent to him from Seville, Spain. The man on the bicycle was the man that found the "Mother Lode" The stacks of silver ingots.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
So who found the "one million dollars in gold and yellow diamonds" off of Sebastian, Florida from the map you said you marked?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So who found the "one million dollars in gold and yellow diamonds" off of Sebastian, Florida from the map you said you marked?

So how is your memory after 27 years? Hell everyone makes mistakes even YOU.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ECS: Keep up the great work you are doing exposing fiction!

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You and ECS are the fiction. To hell with all of you. Goodbye

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I am confusing nothing. You are the one confused all the time...
Franklin, how many times have you made a post on this thread topic and others that has been questioned concerning its accuracy and I and others have requested the source and more information?
Instead of answering, you leave that information hanging by quickly changing the subject and/or becoming belligerent to the one posting the question.
When one questions the information posted it is NOT a personal attack on your credibility but just a request for additional elaboration of what was posted and source cited, especially when what is posted is contrary to what is accepted as proven and documented.
When one posts information that challenges the norm, one should expect to be questioned and not get upset when doubts are raised about the alleged "facts".
Radical reactions displayed in response to questions and the lack of supporting facts further enhances the feel of "fiction".
'Nuff Said.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions