The Ruins of New Ross Nova Scotia

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A little. I know Prince Henry Sinclair left about 30 Knights Templar there to build a fort. The Knights Templars had a ship load of treasure down the well in a secret cave. But, the treasure is no longer there it was recovered in 1770.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By who was it recovered and what documentation is there about it ?

I do not have permission to say. But it will come out soon in the news after all other sites are checked out.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
By who was it recovered and what documentation is there about it ?
Diana Jean Muir has self published a series of books, "THE LOST TEMPLAR JOURNALS OF PRINCE HENRY SINCLAIR 1352-1395", she alleged to have found in a trunk in Greenville, Tn.
A good portion of this "voyage" to Nona Scotia is a creative rewrite of the ZENO NARRATIVES which is a fictional account of the adventures of a "Prince Zichmni" with the name changed to "Sinclair"
The journals of Muir's alleged discovery were destroyed by her and were NEVER shown to professional historians for verification, but bandwagon charlatan, Scott Wolter, who claims to have seen what she found, stated they appeared to be copies of copies, and NOT from the 14th century.
There are existing documents contemporary with Henry Sinclair that claim he was honoring his Oath of Fealty defending the Scottish border during the period claimed for this voyage.
It is also noted that Sinclair was neither a "prince" or "Templar"
In the words of Sinclair descendant, Jack Sinclair:
" Honestly folks, isn't it time we all grow up and drop this Zeno nonsense about 'prince' Henry once and for all"
There is actual real harm in these pulp pseudohistories that are passed on as fact in that some mistakenly believe that these creative fabrications are real documented history.

www.alastairhamilton.com/sinclair.htm

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I do not have permission to say.
But it will come out soon in the news after all other sites are checked out.
...and this "permission to say" is granted by who?
...and what are these "all other sites" that need to be checked out and by whom?
...and how many years have you said "it will come out soon in the news"?
...and most important, what is the source of information and proof that these sites exist?

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After FindersKeepers came to New Ross by invitation of Joan's followers that kept up the research, he was able to scan the well and determine that there was a hollowed wall there in the well some feet down.

The other part is that they were given numerous documents that were collected over the years....and have more info about the location than most.

So I would say introducing a new theory about dates there without even having the smallest roman numeral to show the time, or any carbon dating of metal fibers in carved stones they found, would somewhat eliminate any assumptions about who was there

There is simply not any physical evidence that says that the men were there in an encampment

Now to be honest if you look at the stories of the Miqmaw people, they do tell a story that coincided with the stories of St Brendan the Navigator's voyages there.....and when I say this is because they found a story that said the travelers in religious garb came across the ocean on the back of a whale....these being the most ancient visitors....different from the Norse.

They find an island, but when they light a fire, the island sinks; they realize that it is actually a whale.

These people were the ones that stopped in the area and settled up the Gold River, and that the Hobson Island markers that FindersKeepers found also pointed there. Hobson Island looks almost exactly like a whale in the water.

Now if there is a reasoning behind this story, the one that talks about him traveling to the great Island called Jasconious, and the Island of Sheep, etc....these could easily have been the islands that are found along the coast of these lands where the people he met were described, and that he had met with them and rested through Christmas, wintering there.

Seeing that there was also a Herm Stone found there in the ground, it is clear that the markings on that were in fact from St. Brendan the Navigator.....

Herm Stone.jpg

The religious symbolism was always found to be tied to an order at New Ross that was misidentified as "Templar" but was merely something that remained unknown because nobody would consider these tales of the local natives to be tied to something that old. We are talking sometime around 580 AD.

There was a new discovery in Ireland recently of a map in stone that marked out the locations of the Nova Scotia and New England coasts, as well as showing the rivers and lakes south of the St Lawrence Seaway.....it became something of a marvel as to who made it and why this behemoth was made into a map of the locations where the tribes lived in these areas.

Irish Stone Maps.jpg

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Eldo, you have made this claim about a carved map showing portions of Canada being recently "discovered" in Ireland.
When and where in Ireland was it "discovered", by whom, and what professional organization verified that those spirals and cracks depicted "Nova Scotia and the New England coast"?

DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
...and this "permission to say" is granted by who?
...and what are these "all other sites" that need to be checked out and by whom?
...and how many years have you said "it will come out soon in the news"?
...and most important, what is the source of information and proof that these sites exist?

1. Permission has to come from..."THEM".
2. The sites are secret, to be checked out by..."the CHOSEN". The Chosen are those who know. Those that do not know are NOT Chosen.
3. Soon...just wait, then all who laughed at me will be sorry....you'll see. It will show that I am smarter than all you poopy-heads...
4. The source is "secret knowledge" that only the Chosen have access to.
:tongue3:

OP
OP
H

HappyTrails55

Sep 30, 2005
Paso Robles
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Well I suspect a lot but I also know a lot, just hear me out. I get wrapped up into this by 1st being descended from Urien Rheged, a British Prince, living, according to the best authorities, in the sixth century after Christ and then on to his Heirs that were part of the Royals later on in the Thomas Families of Sir Rhys Ap Thomas, Knight of the Garter of Carew Castle, Pembrokeshire, Wales, down thru this line was My 9th great grandfather Philip Thomas who emigrated from Bristol England in 1651 and settle in West River, Maryland. But I am also related to in direct lineage from Bartholomew Du Puy, born in Languedoc, France in 1653, was a captain of the guards of King Louis XIV, retired and emigrated to Virginia in 1700. His Direct Line Royal Family Lineage goes back to Raphael Du Puy (in latin PODIO), Govenor of the provinces of Languedoc and Dauphin in 1033, appointed by Conrad II, HOLY ROMAN EMPEROR. Raphael was also Grand Chamberlain of the Roman Emperor before the War of Conquest. His Son: Hughes I, Seig de Pereins d' Apifer de Rochefort, married Deurad de Poissacu in 1096. He went to the Crusades with his wife and four children. He founded the Abbey d'Alguebelle, Order of Saint Bernard, was one of the Generals of Godefroi de Boullon and for his bravery was granted the Sovereignty of the City of Acres. He was called "Hughes de Podio, the very excellent warrior". His sons were Alleman, Rodolphe, Romaine and Raymond, who founded and became Grand Master of the Order of St. John. And it goes on and on. I am descended from Both Sides of My Parents Families from the Pilgrims, Royals and Huguenots and they also inter married at different times. There is way over a thousand Families just in my Family Tree. All of which is Super Documented in History. This is what I Suspect: I think the Templars Evolved into the Freemasons and many of these Freemasons joined forces into the JESUIT ORDER (there's ancient spanish in me too), when the Jesuits fell out of favor with the King and the Pope, there were members of the Jesuits that Infraltrated (wish I could spell) into the Franciscan Order. What does this all have to do with Oak Island ???? Well, to cut to the chase, it's about the "Canopy Oaks". There is a "RELIGIOUS SIGNIFGANCE" about these, of which I haven't quite figured out quite yet, it may be a sign of the "Tree of Life" or the Wood that Christ was crucified on, what I do know about them is that they are DIRECTIONAL MARKERS, possible Mathematic Equations or Symbol Monuments that spell out Signs like Rectangles or Triangles etc..(I got interested in New Ross Ruins a thinking that this could be part of the equation). So let's jump forward to this, I live in Paso Robles, California, I am a native of California, the original name of Paso is "El Paso de Robles" it's old Spanish for PASS OF OAKS. I've lived here off & on ever since the 1960's from My Parents Cattle Ranch. After I got out of Uncle Sam's Service, I started prospecting and such on up to present and am part of a few guys that have placer gold mining claims in the La Panza Mountains of the Los Padres National Forest, 30 miles from where I live. For over 9 years I have been exploring and investigating on & off of our claim, looking for the Old Spanish Gold & Silver Mines that are buried here. There are Unsubstantiated (wish I could spell) Legends here on the coast that the "Jesuits" were here Early in the 1600's Mining. For a Fact, they were here in California Early, I found them in the desert (another long story). The Mission Padres (Franciscans) out of San Luis Obispo were definitely involved in this area along with the Spanish Miners. Okay, we're getting to the good part now, Pay Attention. So I have found and cataloged for me over 100 Old Spanish Monuments and Signs on & off the claim, but the "KEY" to all of this was the "OAK CANOPY TREES that formed a TRIANGLE" over a Large area that led me into where I FOUND THE OLD MINE. SEE PIC'S, Can only show you 2 of them....Darrell 101_8418.JPG 101_8424.JPG

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I still like the ghosts, leprechauns and aliens theory Joan Hope had about the castle ruins at New Ross.

At least she had fun delusions.

OP
OP
H

HappyTrails55

Sep 30, 2005
Paso Robles
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Here's another fun delusion for you all, you can look it up at the Petroglyphs at Bedford, Halifax County, Nova Scotia in the Kejm Kujik National Park, this is about 34.6 miles from Chester (Oak Island) 101_8373.JPG 101_8375.JPG

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks Scandinavian to me. It is, in fact, something of a crude copy of the Ramsund stone in Sweden.

Ramsund+stone+photo.JPG

Still absolutely nothing to do with New Ross.

a5.jpg

DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Judging from the size of the trees in your photos, those oaks are less than 100 years old. We had an oak tree on our place in California that was nearly 3 feet in diameter, and had 175 rings. For an oak tree to have been of any noticeable size (say 20' tall, to use as a "marker") during the Spanish Mission era of California, it would have to be close to 400 years old today, making it the trunk to be about 7-8 feet in diameter (oaks' average *about* 4"-5" inches of diameter for each year of growth)

OP
OP
H

HappyTrails55

Sep 30, 2005
Paso Robles
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
There is 600 species of Oak but so far the Oak Canopy Trees have not been Identified of which Species it belongs to. Of Oak's longevity in years it depends upon the soil, water supply & diseases. On the average the Cork Oak from Portugal lives 200 plus years, Valley Oaks live 300 plus years, White Oak lives 300 plus years, Live Oak lives 300 plus and including to 1,000 years. The Founding of the Mission in San Luis Obispo was in 1772, that was 248 years ago, 152 years less than the 400 years you talk about. I live amongst the Oaks, I am well aware of their approximate age. In downtown Paso Robles some Valley Oaks there are over 500 years old, a few like that in Templeton, many like that in Atascadero, San Luis Obispo and on down the coast. You cannot travel anywhere east, west, north or south in this area without seeing the Oaks, but there is very few Oak Canopy Trees anywhere except in the La Panza Mountains where the Spanish Mined For Gold.

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still like the ghosts, leprechauns and aliens theory Joan Hope had about the castle ruins at New Ross.

At least she had fun delusions.

Ah yes. The leprechauns she saw taking her car on a joyride.

Shrooms must have greater potency when grown on ley lines.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread