SEASON 8

Oscar Goldman

May 24, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I caught the Digging Deeper where they discussed the "Anchors" and I found it odd that they would be so close to aligning with Nolans Cross but then they just accepted both locations off from intersecting with the extension of the cross lines. The seemingly randomness of these circle intersecting points that just don't follow logical deduction, and the templar cross being used to align markers makes no sense, but yet they were enthusiastic to listen to the theory. They will end up digging the entire Island before this is over, but I enjoy most of it.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I caught the Digging Deeper where they discussed the "Anchors" and I found it odd that they would be so close to aligning with Nolans Cross but then they just accepted both locations off from intersecting with the extension of the cross lines. The seemingly randomness of these circle intersecting points that just don't follow logical deduction, and the templar cross being used to align markers makes no sense, but yet they were enthusiastic to listen to the theory. They will end up digging the entire Island before this is over, but I enjoy most of it.

Are you referring to the lead fishing line weight the laginas and gawry keep referring to as a templar cross?

OcdChaos

Dec 29, 2016
The South
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you referring to the lead fishing line weight the laginas and gawry keep referring to as a templar cross?

A lead fishing weight? Found on the shores of Oak Island? Could it be that this lead fishing weight was used to catch fish as meals to feed the Knight of the Templar as they buried their treasure? Or could it mean that Shakespeare himself fished here on Oak Island as he buried his manuscripts in a chest filled with mercury. One thing is certain, this fishing weight bears further investigation by the Laginas, as it’s discovery surely proves the existence of mysterious figures hiding valuable loot. Tune in next week, as the Laginas drill a new bore hole, and Gary finds an exciting new iron nail.

Pick_axe

May 3, 2015
Columbus NM
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 1000,
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oak Island? They still have that?

Oscar Goldman

May 24, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Appears to be just a regurgitation of the fiction from the show....

It is but they do add background and their own view at the end. Painstaking recount of each episode with their own Drawings and then they throw in their "Analysis" at the end. Someone is dedicated to the effort!

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In this week's show, they found proof positive that things are moving around deep down in the money pit. But if there were really loose coins floating around down there, random deep drill shafts would find them. That confirms that everything is securely contained in the Chappell Vault.

They find more Ox shoes to continue to reconstruct the treasure trail.

They dove on the 'Shipwreck site' and got strong hits on metal objects. Of course they couldn't dig because of Canadian law, so that's the end of that lead.

They do some more diving on the 'wharf' structure off the south side of the island, and decide that it needs to be investigated further in much more detail. ???? I don't get that at all - you'd think that between the swamp and Smith's Cove, they ought to be able to find relevant artifacts.

They find a new rock wall containing dirt up on a ridge - Erin ought to be able to conflate these rocks to pinpoint the Chappell Vault in any desired location now. Probably without creating a 30 degree angle out of thin air or needing to use the lead Templar cross. But, could the dirt-filled rock wall be an ancient Templar serpent mound?

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In this week's show, they found proof positive that things are moving around deep down in the money pit. But if there were really loose coins floating around down there, random deep drill shafts would find them. That confirms that everything is securely contained in the Chappell Vault.

They find more Ox shoes to continue to reconstruct the treasure trail.

They dove on the 'Shipwreck site' and got strong hits on metal objects. Of course they couldn't dig because of Canadian law, so that's the end of that lead.

They do some more diving on the 'wharf' structure off the south side of the island, and decide that it needs to be investigated further in much more detail. ???? I don't get that at all - you'd think that between the swamp and Smith's Cove, they ought to be able to find relevant artifacts.

They find a new rock wall containing dirt up on a ridge - Erin ought to be able to conflate these rocks to pinpoint the Chappell Vault in any desired location now. Probably without creating a 30 degree angle out of thin air or needing to use the lead Templar cross. But, could the dirt-filled rock wall be an ancient Templar serpent mound?
Thanks Mike... You summaries are more entertaining than the show and save me the trouble of downloading and watching...

It is a shame the shipwreck is loaded with Templar gold and it will never be found now..

It is enough to make you cry...

a14bed004a66c39b7f3ce085cf3a1292.gif

Last edited:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agreed...this week’s episode continued the writer’s meandering efforts in attempting to keep an audience.

However the same script was followed again:

1. Rehash previous episode and add a new silly caveat, this one being, “we can’t find the treasure because it keep moving around to avoid us”....
2. Gawry finds more (GASP) common ox shoes....
3. A mound is “discovered” that was never before noticed because (according to marty), “we didn’t know what we were looking at”.....
4. Metal detector found metal in the ocean BUT no one bothered to bring a digging tool to see what it is...probably more lead fishing weights....OR the mysterious metal that the templar space/time warp tunnel is made from.....

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
It's a TV show. They stopped looking for a 'treasure' a number of seasons back when they became aware of what and how much had been removed from the local archival holdings that they had been relying on as being the complete repositories of all the known information.

They no longer even claim they are looking for a treasure but are trying to 'find out what went on here'.

They openly say it on camera in justification when questioned by someone who's just been dragged along somewhere and shown something of no importance that everyone already knew about. Henskee even adds it now as a barbed reply everytime he is put on the spot in front of the camera and asked a dumb leading question about some place they are standing at.

Have a listen to the conversation again that is going on in the segment where they are examining the spoil piles that everyone knew about but then became some unfathomable mystery that needed to be 'solved'.

Last edited:

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They no longer even claim they are looking for a treasure but are trying to 'find out what went on here'.....
I really wish this was true... I have been interested in this story since I was a in school. It would be great if the Laginas were now actually trying to answer the actual story about what went on, BUT THEY ARE NOT! They are just spinning out the same failed search dogma so they can squeeze in a few more seasons.

They have not attempted to even look into any non treasure related explanations.

This is why I stopped watching. The digging of Smith Cove gave them a 'treasure' of historical information and they brought in ZERO people that could give plausible speculations about who put it there and why?

When the ratings finally die and they cannot make another season the true history of Oak Island will not have even been explored by them

This is so disappointing to the world of knowledge. The 10s of millions they have spent since season 5 digging the pit has been wasted money and effort. The pattern drilling showed nothing was buried there. If anything significant had been buried that would of shown it. They drilled the entire area. The new big holes they have dug were all in areas where the small holes showed nothing was there.

I am disappointed they have not even considered any non treasure related answers once it was shown there was no treasure buried there....

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
I'll add that when they say they are trying to find 'what went on here' , they know what was behind what is now referred to as the mystery of Oak Island. They are referring to the history or reason for some particular feature or old work site there.

Eg: Those piles of rocks and dirt in this last episode that everyone thought for the past 40 years were un-mysterious piles of rocks and dirt so never bothered with them until now.

Unfortunately that 'mystery'' didn't pan out as far as it was hoped as Doug Crowell just blurted out on camera they looked like bulldozer pushes and Dunfield's cut was 'over there'.

Last edited:

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
Where do you think the dirt, spoils and junk from all the holes and landscaping done over the years goes?

It gets dumped and pushed under all those helpfully concealing trees.

oak dump 2.png

The island is dotted with spoils dumps from different periods.

On Youtube there is a drone overfly from October 2020. It shows the extent of the 'work' being conducted which appears just to be a lot of landscaping to allow tour buses to drive around and park rather than much else.

As the drone traverses the islands look for the spoils dumps in various places. And these are just the relatively new ones that haven't been vegetated over yet.

Last edited:

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As the drone traverses the islands look for the spoils dumps in various places. And these are just the relatively new ones that haven't been vegetated over yet.....
No my cynical friend.. They are OBVIOUSALLY the tailings left by the knights Templar, Aztecs and Romans...

NO ONE else ever dropped anything on the island...

png-transparent-big-happy-face-27117-free-icons-and-png-backgrounds-big-smiley-face-png-500_304.gif

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
You are ALL wrong, you ever watch a dog after it poops and uses it's back legs to scratch the earth, well those are piles from the dinosaurs!

On a more serious note (can there be anything serious about this show) the boulders are most likely left there by the glaciers, you see boulders like that here in SE Massachusetts and the ones down here weren't by the Knights Templar

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight’s episode went full, “secrets of skinwalker ranch” crazy.

What a crock of crap...

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Tonight’s episode went full, “secrets of skinwalker ranch” crazy.

What a crock of crap...
Totally agree, the bimbo cartography “expert” who does not know the difference between a meridian line and a parallel, now believes she has solved the mystery and claims the treasure vault is at the base of Nolan’s cross.
the show is grasping at straws here in a follys attempt to save the show........pathetic

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread