SEASON 8 - Page 11
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Like Tree1289Likes

Thread: SEASON 8

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Jan 2015
    Triad NC
    467 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie P. (NY) View Post
    Who's eyebrows? What "town"? What date? What is the first written record of such a claim? When was this feature first added to the "Oak Island" legend?
    Same eyebrows you mentioned a few posts earlier.. Whatever the nearest towns name was. Sometime after 1795. No idea...

us
    "Is that a Geiger Counter?"

Feb 2006
    South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands
    Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
    15380 times
    Metal Detecting
    Ok. So if he used a gold coin it may have raised some genetic eyebrows. But if he never spent a gold coin then probably they were not raised.

I go with the latter.

Now, he was a British volunteer (to become "freed") and did serve through operations in New York. Perhaps his modest wealth came from a share of the looting or something that was a war trophy (not shared around)? That WAS a common practice at the time. Doesn't even need to be all thay mysterious top require Templars, burials, vaults, or even chests. And maybe something not so proud to admit afterwards.

Why make it fantastic? Much more simple answers work. Or, just plain hard work and good business sense/investments/luck could explain it as well.
    gazzahk, ECS, alan m and 1 others like this.
    "If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth" -- Carl Sagan.

Need the names of good men and heroes to say? Say the names of M. Sgt Gordon and 1st Sgt Shugart.

Jan 2015
    Triad NC
    467 times
    Any of that is possible, but so is him finding gold coins of some sort... My thinking is some of those old stories most likely have some truth to them. Most of the stories deal with the original 3. Which ya'll claim are completely lies and never actually happened... Samuel Ball is a side story so why make up outlandish stories about him. Granted in the links that gazzahk posted 1 page back it claims that he might have also been part of the "gang" digging in the original MP... He was definitely friends with them or atleast a couple of them as he bought an island from one of them and owned land beside one of the others. Heck Vaughan was one of his executors of his will. What better way to keep things a secret then to have him by your side. The article says he only paid 5 pounds to Vaughan for an island. Maybe that was all they put in the paper work to keep things quite about any wealth he does have. ( like we used to do when selling a used car when you paid taxes based on the selling price not what DMV valued the car at ) or maybe he was a hitman like ya apparently believe and he was paid well for that?? His Will never mentions money. Something I also noticed that in the first link it says he married a young lady named Mary and had 3 kids with her, Andrew, Samuel, and Mary. In his Will none of them are named. Granted maybe they had died by then. In his Will it says his wife is named Catherine. Ok maybe he got a divorce. It does name a grandkid and some "other" lady by the name of Elizabeth Best. Who is this lady who gets the house if she out lives his current wife.. I admit all of these and other old stories probably don't have all the facts correct but some parts of them I'd like to believe are truthful.. I just see no reason for old stories about S Ball to be completely made up. Why do that when all the other stories are about the original 3 and the MP, if none of that is true why bring in S Ball to the conversation...
    Last edited by n2mini; Dec 12, 2020 at 05:35 AM.

ECS
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    18679 times
    Treasurehunting & Historical research
    Quote Originally Posted by n2mini View Post
    ... I just see no reason for old stories about S Ball to be completely made up...
    Yet it happens, n2mini, all the time, especially with Oak Island treasure stories.
    Just consider Diana Jean Muir's several series of books about Henry Sinclair and alleged descendants.
    Muir claims to have found "COPIES" , NOT ORIGINALS of what she claimed were "THE LOST TEMPLAR JOURNALS OF PRINCE HENRY SINCLAIR" that detail a voyage from Scotland to Oak Island to bury Templar Treasure.
    Well Sinclair was NOT a Prince or Templar, and Medieval documents contemporary with Sinclair have him NEVER leaving Scottish territory, including a family history by his grandson, which never mentions him being a prince, a Templar, of this fantastic fictional voyage to Oak Island.
    Singlestack Wonder and alan m like this.

Jan 2015
    Triad NC
    467 times
    but the difference here is your talking about stories of someone who may or may not have even been to OI. I can see how you or someone either does or doesn't believe in those stories. Not sure why anyone would want to make them up but here we are.. S. Ball and the original 3 for a fact did visit/live on OI for years apparently...
    Last edited by n2mini; Dec 12, 2020 at 09:19 AM.

ECS
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    18679 times
    Treasurehunting & Historical research
    ...and stories do received creative embellishments with the telling and retelling growing bigger and bigger.
    alan m and Singlestack Wonder like this.

us
    Mar 2014
    Garrett AT Pro
    1933 times
    Quote Originally Posted by n2mini View Post
    but the difference here is your talking about stories of someone who may or may not have even been to OI. I can see how you or someone either does or doesn't believe in those stories. Not sure why anyone would want to make them up but here we are.. S. Ball and the original 3 for a fact did visit/live on OI for years apparently...
    Anyone can visit hoax island at any time with frankin’s space/time warp machine.....
    ECS and alan m like this.
    My AT Pro finds more “treasure” in a single hour than all of the treasure ever found on oak island...

The oak island money pit is the longest running hoax in history...

King Arthur is a fairy tale and fairy tale characters did not cross the Atlantic

Resident De-bunker #2...

The 1911...An elegant weapon for a more civilized age...

us
    Aug 2016
    Maryland
    Garrett Ace 250
    846 times
    I saw a clip, I am guessing from tomorrow's show, which showed Gary finding a couple quarrying hammer heads on lot 121. Significance? I have no clue.

us
    Mar 2014
    Garrett AT Pro
    1933 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Jackson View Post
    I saw a clip, I am guessing from tomorrow's show, which showed Gary finding a couple quarrying hammer heads on lot 121. Significance? I have no clue.
    Hmmmm.....Narrator: "Hammer heads?...Found at a lot on oak island?...could it be that these were left by the original depositors?".........
    alan m likes this.
    My AT Pro finds more “treasure” in a single hour than all of the treasure ever found on oak island...

King Arthur is a fairy tale and fairy tale characters did not cross the Atlantic

Resident De-bunker #2...

Feb 2017
    311 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Jackson View Post
    Possibly the ordinary, but identifiable object they find in the swamp turns out to be a blacksmith shop, complete with buggy harnesses, horse shoes, and ox shoes. (and treasure chest hinges?)

Feb 2017
    311 times
    This week's recap "Digging Deeper" episode set the record straight on Erin's meridian mis-nomenclature by popping up a quiz on the meaning of meridian. They used the correct definition on this quiz.

In this week's episode, the honeycomb drill pattern runs into backfill - of course now the drill target lies below the backfill because the Chappell Vault keeps sinking so they have to keep going through the backfill. If they're at 200 feet this year, how deep will they be by season 15?

This week's theory from GIS wiz Erin involves placing the lead cross aligned within a square to generate some more intersections and recreates the lost location of the stone triangle. And the lead cross turns out to be a protractor, accidentally dropped near Smith's Cove by the last departing Templar who used it to decide where to bury the treasure. She will combine her results with the work of Seafaring Historian Expert Zena Halpern to pinpoint the location of the Chappell Vault.

They discover a big rock feature in the swamp. Could it be that they have discovered a hidden wharf or platform used to transport treasure up to lot 15?

Then the 'fellowship of the Ring Bolts' sets off and is successful at locating a piece of an old cast iron ship stove from the early 1700s. However they didn't locate any more ring bolts.

Using a sophisticated sonar arrangement, they trawl off the shore and locate an 'old shipwreck' just off of 'Boulder Beach', and a wharflike structure in the water off the south side of the island.

Nov 2015
    2019 times
    Thank for the summary Mike. Much appreciated..

So in other words they found nothing treasure related and just added some more wacko theories.
    Live the moment...

us
    Mar 2014
    Garrett AT Pro
    1933 times
    Tonight’s episode featured the most lame brained fictional theory of all........Erin is right up there with diana muir.....

Episode was typical....continuing rehash of previous episodes, intro of yet another fictional theory, and Rick still trying to convince the audience that he BELIEVES.....
    Last edited by Singlestack Wonder; Dec 15, 2020 at 11:00 PM.
    gazzahk and alan m like this.

Resident De-bunker #2...

Nov 2015
    2019 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeN View Post
    In this week's episode, the honeycomb drill pattern runs into backfill - of course now the drill target lies below the backfill because the Chappell Vault keeps sinking so they have to keep going through the backfill...
    I would assume that the whole money pit area is just backfill by now. I reckon it would be almost as hard to find virgin ground in that area as to find a credible expert that has visited the show.

If they had spent this much on looking for Opals in the Opal fields of Australia they would have at least some amazing opals to show for the effort.

(Great show - Outback Opal Hunters)
    Live the moment...

Nov 2015
    2019 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    Rick still trying to convince the audience that he BELIEVES.....
    No one associated with the show can believe any of the loonies they keep brining on. Rick stopped even hoping to believe at about season 5. The same time that Marty realized how much money they were making from the show...

Marty is the brains in that family...
    Singlestack Wonder and alan m like this.
    Live the moment...

Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links