SEASON 8 - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 712
Like Tree1238Likes

Thread: SEASON 8

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #16
    us
    Mar 2014
    Garrett AT Pro
    1,247
    1914 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Making sure that new folks who check in are fully aware of the oak island hoax so they don’t waste hours watching the show or reading fictional accounts of the story....consider it a public service...
    Steamboat and Raparee like this.

  2. #17
    us
    El Presidente

    Jul 2014
    Vermont
    Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
    1,935
    758 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by gazzahk View Post
    https://www.history.co.uk/shows/the-...-biggest-finds

    40 million USD is about 1,200 pounds of gold...

    He definitely found treasure on oak Island
    Ponzi inflated estimates to attract investors to their Oil and Gas empire with Heritage most likely.....

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lagina Heritage Team _.png 
Views:	124 
Size:	530.8 KB 
ID:	1877983
    But he who knows forms, is able to grasp the unity of nature beneath the surface of materials which are very unlike. Thus is he able to identify and bring about things that have never been done before, things of the kind which neither the vicissitudes of nature, nor hard experimenting, nor pure accident could ever have actualized, nor even human thought dreamed of. And thus from the discovery of the forms flows true speculation and unrestricted operation.

  3. #18

    Jan 2015
    Triad NC
    853
    463 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    Making sure that new folks who check in are fully aware of the oak island hoax so they don’t waste hours watching the show or reading fictional accounts of the story....consider it a public service...
    but ironically you don't know that for a fact. You can't say for a FACT that the Money Pit was a hoax. The MP was there. Any hole the original 3 guy dug is/was the MP. That is a FACT. Granted I can't prove it now but most everyone believes they did dig a hole.. The question has always been is there or was there ever treasure in it.. If it has already been found it was not a hoax and the story was over long ago.. No one has been able to prove it either way. If someone did find it years ago there would be obvious reasons to not make a big deal about it...Maybe it's not your land your digging on, you promised part of it to someone else if found, your a black man and don't want to bring attention to yourself, etc....

  4. #19
    us
    Mar 2014
    Garrett AT Pro
    1,247
    1914 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    It’s a fact (not only proven by the 1000’s of threads on this site but all of the empirical evidence produced over the past 100 years) that the money pit is a hoax.

    Over the course of the last 200 years NOT ONE PIECE of evidence has ever been produced to prove the fictional hole ever existed. Companies and individuals have milked investors via treasure ponzi schemes. Once investors stopped giving money, the entities moved on. Then a few years later after the hype died down, a new huxter would come along and start the hoax story up again.....
    ECS likes this.

  5. #20

    Jan 2015
    Triad NC
    853
    463 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    So you truly believe there NEVER was a hole that the original 3 dug regardless of how deep or what was in it if anything..and if they never did dig a hole as the story goes with them going back over there for weeks/months to dig it before getting help from others to help in the dig, which would have seen the hole or maybe all of that is a lie... Of course your correct on everyone making it rich off their investors, loved how the Restall's used ALL THAT MONEY to live on OI year round for 2-3 years with NO ELECTRICITY, and with only boat or swimming access to the island. Yeah they sure milked their investors good and remember this was in the early to mid '60s.. or do you claim that story not to be true either..

    and I'll say this again. Just because it is your "opinion" that none of this ever happened, does not make it a FACT. Same way I can't prove Apollo 11 ever actually landed on the moon. I can't prove there ever was a Pirate that went by the name Blackbeard... I do feel pretty sure that Sherlock Holmes was a fictional character. Might have been based off someone but was not real..

  6. #21
    us
    Mar 2014
    Garrett AT Pro
    1,247
    1914 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by n2mini View Post
    So you truly believe there NEVER was a hole that the original 3 dug regardless of how deep or what was in it if anything..and if they never did dig a hole as the story goes with them going back over there for weeks/months to dig it before getting help from others to help in the dig, which would have seen the hole or maybe all of that is a lie... Of course your correct on everyone making it rich off their investors, loved how the Restall's used ALL THAT MONEY to live on OI year round for 2-3 years with NO ELECTRICITY, and with only boat or swimming access to the island. Yeah they sure milked their investors good and remember this was in the early to mid '60s.. or do you claim that story not to be true either..

    and I'll say this again. Just because it is your "opinion" that none of this ever happened, does not make it a FACT. Same way I can't prove Apollo 11 ever actually landed on the moon. I can't prove there ever was a Pirate that went by the name Blackbeard... I do feel pretty sure that Sherlock Holmes was a fictional character. Might have been based off someone but was not real..
    That is correct. The original 3 (whoever that may truly have been) did not find and dig out a “money pit” with log platforms at 10 foot intervals and no one ever found a “90 foot stone” , (a creation of later hoaxers)....

  7. #22
    us
    Mar 2014
    Garrett AT Pro
    1,247
    1914 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by n2mini View Post
    So you truly believe there NEVER was a hole that the original 3 dug regardless of how deep or what was in it if anything..and if they never did dig a hole as the story goes with them going back over there for weeks/months to dig it before getting help from others to help in the dig, which would have seen the hole or maybe all of that is a lie... Of course your correct on everyone making it rich off their investors, loved how the Restall's used ALL THAT MONEY to live on OI year round for 2-3 years with NO ELECTRICITY, and with only boat or swimming access to the island. Yeah they sure milked their investors good and remember this was in the early to mid '60s.. or do you claim that story not to be true either..

    and I'll say this again. Just because it is your "opinion" that none of this ever happened, does not make it a FACT. Same way I can't prove Apollo 11 ever actually landed on the moon. I can't prove there ever was a Pirate that went by the name Blackbeard... I do feel pretty sure that Sherlock Holmes was a fictional character. Might have been based off someone but was not real..

    And yes, there is empirical evidence that Apollo 11 did land on the moon (as well as other Apollo missions) as powerful telescopes can see the LEM launch base and other artifacts left behind....

    Black beard is in factual historical records as well....

  8. #23

    Jun 2012
    Oklahoma
    Equinox 800, Ace 250
    493
    417 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Oak Island is just one of those shows I don't get. They spend at least half of every episode going over things they've covered in a previous episode or...before commercial break. I've literally never watched an episode without fast forwarding through a good portion. How do they retain the viewership necessary to continue?!?

    I decided a couple seasons ago that if they ever REALLY found something, I'd go back and watch the episodes I missed. I think it's safe to say I won't be watching.

    Now, I know a lot of people have said the show is completely fake. Honestly, if that were the case, the incremental "finds" and evidence would be much more significant. They make a HUGE deal out of some of the dumbest finds. The show isn't fake...it's just boring and while there's reason to believe treasure once lived at Oak Island, there's zero reason to believe it still does.
    n2mini likes this.

  9. #24

    Jan 2015
    Triad NC
    853
    463 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    And yes, there is empirical evidence that Apollo 11 did land on the moon (as well as other Apollo missions) as powerful telescopes can see the LEM launch base and other artifacts left behind....

    Black beard is in factual historical records as well....
    anything can be faked and how do we know which Mission left what. I only asked about Apollo 11, and just because it is written in a history book doesn't make it true either... you didn't really answer my question about the originally 3, you danced around it and included more stuff that wasn't part of my question.. If they dug a hole at all even if only a couple of feet deep that was the money pit.. regardless of treasure and 10' logs. All that would be another conversation and at this point like all the rest of this no one can prove either way at this point...

  10. #25
    ECS
    ECS is offline
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    12,645
    18649 times
    Treasurehunting & Historical research
    Quote Originally Posted by n2mini View Post
    ...If they dug a hole at all even if only a couple of feet deep that was the money pit.. regardless of treasure and 10' logs.
    All that would be another conversation and at this point like all the rest of this no one can prove either way at this point...
    Are you claiming that if anyone digs a "hole at all" that it can be called a "money pit"?
    tinpan and Singlestack Wonder like this.

  11. #26

    Jan 2015
    Triad NC
    853
    463 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    that is one of the few true statements I have read of yours and the only reason you got me to post a reply to you after I said I would not do that anymore as there is no reasoning with you and apparently singlestack as well. Ya'll both seem to think ya'lls "beliefs" over ride everything else. Fact or fiction..

  12. #27

    Aug 2014
    OC NY
    Minelab Equinox 600
    175
    65 times
    Metal Detecting
    I'm an OI sucker as well. But thank God for DVR. 10 minutes an episode!!

  13. #28
    us
    Mar 2014
    Garrett AT Pro
    1,247
    1914 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by n2mini View Post
    that is one of the few true statements I have read of yours and the only reason you got me to post a reply to you after I said I would not do that anymore as there is no reasoning with you and apparently singlestack as well. Ya'll both seem to think ya'lls "beliefs" over ride everything else. Fact or fiction..
    No “beliefs”......just facts.....
    ECS likes this.

  14. #29

    Jan 2015
    Triad NC
    853
    463 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    There are no facts out there to be able to say there is, was, or never was a treasure of any sort in the Money Pit...There are the family decedents of one of the original 3 that "claim" their family member did find a few little treasure boxes with the other 2 guys. Other then that we have never heard of anyone finding anything so if anything were to be called a fact it would be that there was treasure found in the MP. Just because you have never seen anyone or read about anyone finding treasure there in your lifetime does not make it a fact it has never happened or won't happen in the future. Might be highly unlikely but not impossible...
    3cylbill likes this.

  15. #30
    us
    Mar 2014
    Garrett AT Pro
    1,247
    1914 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Treasure existing or ever been found on oak island has the same odds of me tripping over a pot of gold when I step out my front door tonight and thinking, "how did my AT Pro miss that?"....
    ECS likes this.

 

 
Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. 2017 season part deux...silver restarts my season.
    By digger27 in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Oct 14, 2017, 03:50 AM
  2. 10-X Question: Season 1 Ep1 and Season 2 Finale
    By dabbott2 in forum Oak Island
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Mar 16, 2015, 01:08 PM
  3. Rabbit Season, Duck Season, T... Season, Bridges flooded?
    By CoinandRelicMan in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Jul 26, 2014, 10:17 PM
  4. deer season, wabbit season....
    By wkrp43 in forum My Daily Snapshot
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Nov 26, 2013, 11:01 PM
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0