SEASON 8

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you truly believe there NEVER was a hole that the original 3 dug regardless of how deep or what was in it if anything..and if they never did dig a hole as the story goes with them going back over there for weeks/months to dig it before getting help from others to help in the dig, which would have seen the hole or maybe all of that is a lie... Of course your correct on everyone making it rich off their investors, loved how the Restall's used ALL THAT MONEY to live on OI year round for 2-3 years with NO ELECTRICITY, and with only boat or swimming access to the island. Yeah they sure milked their investors good and remember this was in the early to mid '60s.. or do you claim that story not to be true either..

and I'll say this again. Just because it is your "opinion" that none of this ever happened, does not make it a FACT. Same way I can't prove Apollo 11 ever actually landed on the moon. I can't prove there ever was a Pirate that went by the name Blackbeard... I do feel pretty sure that Sherlock Holmes was a fictional character. Might have been based off someone but was not real..

That is correct. The original 3 (whoever that may truly have been) did not find and dig out a “money pit” with log platforms at 10 foot intervals and no one ever found a “90 foot stone” , (a creation of later hoaxers)....

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you truly believe there NEVER was a hole that the original 3 dug regardless of how deep or what was in it if anything..and if they never did dig a hole as the story goes with them going back over there for weeks/months to dig it before getting help from others to help in the dig, which would have seen the hole or maybe all of that is a lie... Of course your correct on everyone making it rich off their investors, loved how the Restall's used ALL THAT MONEY to live on OI year round for 2-3 years with NO ELECTRICITY, and with only boat or swimming access to the island. Yeah they sure milked their investors good and remember this was in the early to mid '60s.. or do you claim that story not to be true either..

and I'll say this again. Just because it is your "opinion" that none of this ever happened, does not make it a FACT. Same way I can't prove Apollo 11 ever actually landed on the moon. I can't prove there ever was a Pirate that went by the name Blackbeard... I do feel pretty sure that Sherlock Holmes was a fictional character. Might have been based off someone but was not real..

And yes, there is empirical evidence that Apollo 11 did land on the moon (as well as other Apollo missions) as powerful telescopes can see the LEM launch base and other artifacts left behind....

Black beard is in factual historical records as well....

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oak Island is just one of those shows I don't get. They spend at least half of every episode going over things they've covered in a previous episode or...before commercial break. I've literally never watched an episode without fast forwarding through a good portion. How do they retain the viewership necessary to continue?!?

I decided a couple seasons ago that if they ever REALLY found something, I'd go back and watch the episodes I missed. I think it's safe to say I won't be watching.

Now, I know a lot of people have said the show is completely fake. Honestly, if that were the case, the incremental "finds" and evidence would be much more significant. They make a HUGE deal out of some of the dumbest finds. The show isn't fake...it's just boring and while there's reason to believe treasure once lived at Oak Island, there's zero reason to believe it still does.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And yes, there is empirical evidence that Apollo 11 did land on the moon (as well as other Apollo missions) as powerful telescopes can see the LEM launch base and other artifacts left behind....

Black beard is in factual historical records as well....

anything can be faked and how do we know which Mission left what. I only asked about Apollo 11, and just because it is written in a history book doesn't make it true either... you didn't really answer my question about the originally 3, you danced around it and included more stuff that wasn't part of my question.. If they dug a hole at all even if only a couple of feet deep that was the money pit.. regardless of treasure and 10' logs. All that would be another conversation and at this point like all the rest of this no one can prove either way at this point...

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
...If they dug a hole at all even if only a couple of feet deep that was the money pit.. regardless of treasure and 10' logs.
All that would be another conversation and at this point like all the rest of this no one can prove either way at this point...
Are you claiming that if anyone digs a "hole at all" that it can be called a "money pit"?

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that is one of the few true statements I have read of yours and the only reason you got me to post a reply to you after I said I would not do that anymore as there is no reasoning with you and apparently singlestack as well. Ya'll both seem to think ya'lls "beliefs" over ride everything else. Fact or fiction..

hammer0419

Aug 20, 2014
OC NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm an OI sucker as well. But thank God for DVR. 10 minutes an episode!!

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that is one of the few true statements I have read of yours and the only reason you got me to post a reply to you after I said I would not do that anymore as there is no reasoning with you and apparently singlestack as well. Ya'll both seem to think ya'lls "beliefs" over ride everything else. Fact or fiction..

No “beliefs”......just facts.....

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are no facts out there to be able to say there is, was, or never was a treasure of any sort in the Money Pit...There are the family decedents of one of the original 3 that "claim" their family member did find a few little treasure boxes with the other 2 guys. Other then that we have never heard of anyone finding anything so if anything were to be called a fact it would be that there was treasure found in the MP. Just because you have never seen anyone or read about anyone finding treasure there in your lifetime does not make it a fact it has never happened or won't happen in the future. Might be highly unlikely but not impossible...

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure existing or ever been found on oak island has the same odds of me tripping over a pot of gold when I step out my front door tonight and thinking, "how did my AT Pro miss that?"....

DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There are no facts out there to be able to say there is, was, or never was a treasure of any sort in the Money Pit...There are the family decedents of one of the original 3 that "claim" their family member did find a few little treasure boxes with the other 2 guys. Other then that we have never heard of anyone finding anything so if anything were to be called a fact it would be that there was treasure found in the MP. Just because you have never seen anyone or read about anyone finding treasure there in your lifetime does not make it a fact it has never happened or won't happen in the future. Might be highly unlikely but not impossible...

Using your logic, I can categorically state that no treasure will EVER be found on Oak Island in the future...because I found it all and dug it up 15 years ago...

Since you state that "proof of existence" is not necessary for anything to exist, all you have to do is prove that I DIDN'T recover it; I do NOT need to prove that I DID.

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
because I found it all and dug it up 15 years ago....
THIEF!!!!!

Quick someone call 911...

I think you were photographed

a-man-carrying-a-huge-pot-of-gold-BPYBJT.jpg

Last edited:

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Using your logic, I can categorically state that no treasure will EVER be found on Oak Island in the future...because I found it all and dug it up 15 years ago...

Since you state that "proof of existence" is not necessary for anything to exist, all you have to do is prove that I DIDN'T recover it; I do NOT need to prove that I DID.
Hilarious

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
but it's possible.. Singlestack and no one can say for a fact that it is going to happen or that it is not.

Last edited:

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

you see you have me all wrong. I don't care if anyone has or has not found the treasure. What bugs me is people making claims of this, or that or the other as being FACT when it is not. Maybe you did find it. Singlestack and others will need prove of course and I would too if you want to claim it as a FACT.. The decendents claims their family member did find treasure and showed a piece as proof. That is the closest thing we have to go on as proof of FACT.. You and others may not believe them but that does not make it a FACT that it is not true.. I'm not sure I believe them myself but I don't claim it as FACT to not be true and that NO TREASURE HAS EVER BEEN FOUND. Because it is possible that it has...

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SPOILER ALERT

The first episode of Season 8 is worth watching! Minimal review, and be sure to catch the introductory Drilling Down episode. Sounds like they discover some manmade objects in the swamp that are more interesting than a bunch of rocks. They investigate the shiny gold object in hole C1. And uncover the workings of the Pine Tar pitch pit.

They discover a square-holed washer from the bed of a chevy truck: https://www.chevsofthe40s.com/detail/7118/Chevrolet_Washer_For_Bed_Wood_Steel_Offset_Square_Hole_12.html

One of the ideas for the super big dig is to honeycomb a 180 foot wide area with dig holes. I can see the end result now: "We calculate the actual treasure lies in the 1 square foot undisturbed soil between cans #39 and #46.

Last edited:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Episode followed same format.....fill in time with meaningless discussion, talk about more new theories, have a diver find something yet drop it and they can’t pursue it because their time just came up short (item was planted), preview yet another oak island offshoot (oak island beyond with gawry looking for butch Cassidy’s Bobby dazzlers), lay out points for yet new holes (albeit the entire area has been dug to deep depths over the last 200 years), and finally the narrator laying out the same case he always does stating his typical “could this be” fiction. And yes, back to “the swamp”.....

With the 2 hour format it took 4 minutes to fast forward thru......a wasted 4 minutes as there was nothing new (except for the new beyond oak island fictional series advertisement)...

Last edited:

gemee

Jul 31, 2004
California
What the heck!!! I swore I would not watch this season, but there was nothing else on, I swear. Ok,..after seeing tonight's episode.....YEP,..I am now hooked-in to this season. On a side note,..it looks like Billy the backhoe man, lost some weight. Good for him.

OcdChaos

Dec 29, 2016
The South
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I enjoy the show. I love watching it. Although, the diver that dropped the gold coin object was kinda infuriating. Would have loved to see what that was. Looked like a coin the way it flipped down through the water. I would like to know what they would have done differently at C1 had the diver came up with an old gold coin...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions