Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Another GREAT post of yours... Thank you for that...
apparently your admitting you just like to complain about the show by making this post.. I wish I didn't have to read you posts most of the time but once every blue moon you actually do say something worth while...
Your the one complaining like a spoiled brat, just hit the ignore button and it will all go away

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This thread is about the TV show. Where else should we complain about it?

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your the one complaining like a spoiled brat, just hit the ignore button and it will all go away

you and a couple of others on this very page are complaining about the show. FACT.
I can always tell when I have struck a nerve with you, as this is the kind of post I get from you every time..

Charlie P, apparently you have as boring life as well that you want to spend your time complaining about a show you claim to not watch and don't believe any of the story about it, yet are on the forum bout everyday talking about it...

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep. Sucks to be me.

So, did they find any treasure yet?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lost works of Shakespeare? Ark of the Covenant? Any Spanish galleon returning with plundered gold or silver? The Menorah from the Second Temple? "Q Source" - the "first" written record of the words of Jesus? Pre-1492 artifacts?

Pearls, gemstones, gold, silver . . . ?

Three clad quarters?

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not that the TV show has showed us. Some of that "might" have already been found though...

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
you and a couple of others on this very page are complaining about the show. FACT.
I can always tell when I have struck a nerve with you, as this is the kind of post I get from you every time..

Charlie P, apparently you have as boring life as well that you want to spend your time complaining about a show you claim to not watch and don't believe any of the story about it, yet are on the forum bout everyday talking about it...
I feel like a piano with my strings exposed......:laughing7:

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sure seems like it with some of your posts directed at me... which I have always thought was funny..

Ice storm coming my way tonight. Will be time to mix a drink and watch the show from last night. Yes, even I DVR it and fast forward thru the parts I don't want to see....HaHa!!!

goldnsilver

Jun 25, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID
Vintage 1980's
Whites Goldmaster
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a tv show after all ya'll... What do you expect? If the film crew actually followed any one of those people around all day and filmed everything they did and actually aired it, it would be the most boring show ever. Just a bunch of standing around talking and and or watch a bore machine work.. Sure they film about all day probably but then it is cut to make it watchable and down to a 40 minute show time... Gary probably does much much more metal detecting then we see but that is boring to watch till he finds something. Then they have to play it up to making it exciting to watch. If you notice alot of times the person talking is not actually on camera at that split second as it has been added in later in the cutting room and voice dubbed in, also to make it more exciting to watch. If ya'll don't like the show then yes please don't watch it just so you can come on here and complain about it... Who does that now a days with 100's of TV Channels to choose from...

For what it's worth - I use the "Ignore feature" in the account settings for this thread. Add a member by name and their post do not show. It makes it a much easier read for me.

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For what it's worth - I use the "Ignore feature" in the account settings for this thread. Add a member by name and their post do not show. It makes it a much easier read for me.
That must make threads confusing..

But then again maybe you are not reading this as I may have been ignored..:laughing7:

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not that the TV show has showed us. Some of that "might" have already been found though...
And if so we will never know...So the assumption 'must' be that it is more likely that treasure never existed in the 'pit' as lack of evidence of something can not be taken as 'proof' of something.

There is no evidence that Covid did not originate on Oak island... does that mean we should assume it possible that it did?

The only ever 'claim' of treasure being found in the pit area has it at about 10 feet. So why should anyone assume that this implies that treasure 'may have' been buried at 200+ feet and recovered by others...

There are those that will continue to believe 'fantasy stories' without any evidence but that does not make these stories 'more likley' to be true..

Without evidence the 'assumption' should be that the thing being speculated about' does not exist.

Otherwise is to argue that any wacko claim could be true and should be taken seriously.

I watched an old show about people searching for Noah's Ark on Mount Ararat even though there is no evidence of water ever being that high... Does that mean the story is plausible?

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I watched an old show about people searching for Noah's Ark on Mount Arafat even though there is no evidence of water ever being that high... Does that mean the story is plausible?

You can find seashells on Mt. Everest . . . as 350 million year old fossils. Just have to be a littlle flexible with the time-line to make it "The Flood".

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can find seashells on Mt. Everest . . . as 350 million year old fossils. Just have to be a littlle flexible with the time-line to make it "The Flood".

Ha ha... But that was not water getting high it was when the land that is Mt Everest was under the ocean before crashing into another continental plate. So there is no evidence that the water was that high just the land that is now a mountain was low..

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And if so we will never know...So the assumption 'must' be that it is more likely that treasure never existed in the 'pit' as lack of evidence of something can not be taken as 'proof' of something.

There is no evidence that Covid did not originate on Oak island... does that mean we should assume it possible that it did?

The only ever 'claim' of treasure being found in the pit area has it at about 10 feet. So why should anyone assume that this implies that treasure 'may have' been buried at 200+ feet and recovered by others...

There are those that will continue to believe 'fantasy stories' without any evidence but that does not make these stories 'more likley' to be true..

Without evidence the 'assumption' should be that the thing being speculated about' does not exist.

Otherwise is to argue that any wacko claim could be true and should be taken seriously.

I watched an old show about people searching for Noah's Ark on Mount Ararat even though there is no evidence of water ever being that high... Does that mean the story is plausible?

As you somewhat leaded to. It's not an assumption really. There are people ( family decendents ) who claim the original 3 did find treasure in the MP. They only kept digging as they "supposedly" saw evidence of the "hole" having been dug deeper so they continued on, hoping to find more treasure. Some don't believe that story at all of course and believe they never even dug a hole to start with.

DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

The Himalayas were formed by the sub-continent of India crashing into southern Asia 40-50 million years ago...and pushed up any rocks, and fossils within them, at that time.

goldnsilver

Jun 25, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID
Vintage 1980's
Whites Goldmaster
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That must make threads confusing..

But then again maybe you are not reading this as I may have been ignored..:laughing7:

I can read what you post and no, it isn't confusing to eliminate post from people that haven't watched Oak Island in years.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Just use the map room in Tanis to find your trove Indy....

Indiana-Jones-Map-Room.gif

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions