Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
baseless speculation

LOL.....Prove they were placed there by templars (who never crossed the Atlantic).....You can't use space/time warp tunnels that you stated members here did not claim to exist...

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL.....Prove they were placed there by templars (who never crossed the Atlantic).....

On the other hand ... prove the 9 ton boulders were placed by Fred using his 36hp backhoe with a lift capacity of about 1000 lbs.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the other hand ... prove the 9 ton boulders were placed by Fred using his 36hp backhoe with a lift capacity of about 1000 lbs.

Its called "dragging".....Or maybe he used franklin's space/time warp tunnel....

Every "mysterious" thing on hoax island has been explained with a simple explanation....all products of common human habitation....

Of course its entirely possible that the stones ended up where they are naturally and nolan saw an opportunity to gain fame by linking them to the hoax treasure.

We've seen folks here tie every group of stones from Europe to the Americas to a constellation in their claims that they point to where treasures are located....

Last edited:

Robert_Dazzler

Apr 4, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its called "dragging".....Or maybe he used franklin's space/time warp tunnel....

Every "mysterious" thing on hoax island has been explained with a simple explanation....all products of common human habitation....

Of course its entirely possible that the stones ended up where they are naturally and nolan saw an opportunity to gain fame by linking them to the hoax treasure.

We've seen folks here tie every group of stones from Europe to the Americas to a constellation in their claims that they point to where treasures are located....

Stones were dragged there by Fred for fame and fortune eh? Makes PERFECT sense :laughing7:

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm currently reading "Oak Island Mystery: Solved: The Final Chapter", her 2019 book. It's the most convincing theory, but it has no good explanation of Nolan's Cross. Even if you assume the island was clear-cut back in the day to harvest ship masts and stoke the tar pits (a likely case), and such a cross would be visible to ships from the ocean, a cross of that form still doesn't fit easily into the story. Natural places of worship would be an amphitheater-style ground profile. And instinctive construction of giant ground level art would take the form of mounds, like the templar serpent mound. Not a connnect-the-dots construct that no one but a surveyor could see.

Although they did presumably have access to slave labor at some point, the ox nails indicate Nolan's Cross may have been constructed by an earlier crew using Oxen rather than slaves. But the ox nails seem to rule out alien hands.
Thanks Mike

I did not know she had written another book. I will read that one.

I do not think that the use of slaves would rule out the use of Oxen. They would of been dragging around a lot of trees. The other readings I have seen on early naval stores operations in the Americas referred to both slaves and oxen/horses/animals as pretty common.

Still her basic theory seems to explain most of what has been found on OI. It is a real shame the Laginas will not bring her on the show to share her theories about the things they have found.

Once again thanks mike for drawing my attention to her new book I am looking forward to reading it...,

Last edited:

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the view that Fred made Nolan cross is that he found some stones that were in the cross shape and moved one or two stones to make it a cross.

What surprises me is that the Laginas have made no effort to look under the stones in order to see what was on the ground (if/when) the stones were placed there. That may show the date the stones were placed there if not natural. It should certainly show if they were moved there recently by Fred.

The logic that treasure hiders placed that cross does not make any sense. If a group was hiding treasure why would they build a monument that shows they had been there.

Much of what has been found on the island supports significant human industry being conducted on OI at some time in the past..

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What surprises me is that the Laginas have made no effort to look under the stones in order to see what was on the ground (if/when) the stones were placed there. That may show the date the stones were placed there if not natural. It should certainly show if they were moved there recently by Fred.

The stones are not on their property - I would guess. They have to make a show with limited places to actually upset the soil.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The stones are not on their property - I would guess. They have to make a show with limited places to actually upset the soil.

Isn’t nolan’s son now working with the laginas to make a buck before the show is cancelled? Perhaps the producers will see this post and have yet another theorist on the show promoting the, “untold secrets beneath the stones of the Nolan cross”....

will7782

Dec 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ummmm, care to explain the pyramids, mike? or any of thousands of other places built of huge rocks that predate john deere?

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ummmm, care to explain the pyramids, mike? or any of thousands of other places built of huge rocks that predate john deere?

The difference between Fred Nolan and the pyramids is that Fred is not known to have subjugated a nation working for him as free slave labor. Your point is valid in that there's an unlikely scenario where Fred could have used a sufficiently large block and tackle to drag rocks by hand via the nearest trees. Dragging rocks would require a clear path to drag on, and the process would leave a path free of scrub brush. Showing off your newly discovered Nolan's Cross pattern to others would be much less impressive if there's a clear path through the brush pointing to another hole of the rock's first location.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
It was only a matter of time before the “Aliens did it” theory entered into the picture :BangHead:

DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The difference between Fred Nolan and the pyramids is that Fred is not known to have subjugated a nation working for him as free slave labor. Your point is valid in that there's an unlikely scenario where Fred could have used a sufficiently large block and tackle to drag rocks by hand via the nearest trees. Dragging rocks would require a clear path to drag on, and the process would leave a path free of scrub brush. Showing off your newly discovered Nolan's Cross pattern to others would be much less impressive if there's a clear path through the brush pointing to another hole of the rock's first location.

Perhaps the rocks were already there, and all the other rocks were removed...the ones that didn't fit the "cross" pattern.

Contemporary (ca. 2500-1500 BC) Egyptian writings indicate that thousands of PAID workers built the pyramids... there are even accounting records showing salaries. The workers were also provided with food and lodging - also documented, and verified by excavating "workers' quarters". No mention of "bonded" workers or indenture, or involuntary servitude, or using prisoners/POWs. Perhaps working was an alternative to paying taxes, or as a religious obligation, or simply as a "status symbol". "Look, at me Amon! While you have been tending goats and working the fields, I have been chosen to work on the Pharaoh's tomb! MY work will be seen and argued over by pyramidiots for THOUSANDS OF YEARS!!!"

The only other written records of people working in slavery from that time (or close) is found in the Torah/Old Testament, of the Israelites making mud bricks (not cutting/stacking stone blocks) for unspecified use, and counts of slaves taken in battle - but no mention of how they were used.

Last edited:

Robert_Dazzler

Apr 4, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So, no evidence of slave labor means one guy built them? Which in turn proves that Fred Nolan put the boulders there by himeself. GOTCHA, makes perfect sense! I bet the pyramids were built to scam investors out of money too. If only they also had tv back then..CHACHING!! am I right?

I don't understand your comment.

I was responding to this:
The difference between Fred Nolan and the pyramids is that Fred is not known to have subjugated a nation working for him as free slave labor.

I never said how many Egyptians it took to construct the pyramids - any of the 120 or so or so scattered around Egypt. There are archeological remains of the small cities used to house the workers. Certainly more than one man. Thousands.

Fred probably waited for this time of year and skidded them on the frozen/snowy ground. Like we do with big logs and small tractors hereabouts. :dontknow:

Depends how far you want to move it. Can do it with a come along.

Last edited:

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
So, no evidence of slave labor means one guy built them? Which in turn proves that Fred Nolan put the boulders there by himeself. GOTCHA, makes perfect sense! I bet the pyramids were built to scam investors out of money too. If only they also had tv back then..CHACHING!! am I right?
:laughing7:..............no.

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fred probably waited for this time of year and skidded them on the frozen/snowy ground. Like we do with big logs and small tractors hereabouts. :dontknow:

Tractors don't get much traction on either snow or frozen ground to move something this size. In either case there's the telltale path in the brush cleared by that 9 ton rock.

The only believable case is that the stones naturally appeared near their current position and small adjustments made to achieve linearity. It would be interesting to get some good statistical analysis of the probability of the rocks randomly ending up in this configuration from the last glacial activity.

And soon, the Laginas will run out of other places to dig and they can begin to explore the artifacts around and under these rocks.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any two rocks form a straight line. So that means you need two or three more to form a cross. Maybe the "9 ton rock" wasn't moved (except by a glacier). You have to start somewhere and maybe that one was #1. I tried to find a "catalog" of the rocks that make up Nolan's Cross and its always that one big rock with a small flat section on one side. Everything else Googling "images" is a drawing. I'm not sure if the "face rock" is part of the supposed cross or not.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread