SEASON 8

OcdChaos

Dec 29, 2016
The South
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quite a few of the "Team Members" have titles like that either on every show or they bounce it around as I assume to be able to pay them more money than just what an actor gets per episode. It is done alot on every type of tv show if you look at the credits at the ends of them...

Yeah, I saw that last night. Was watching an episode of Curse of Civil War Gold last night, and saw a credit for Marty Lagina as Executive Producer... I like both the shows, find them interesting to hear some bits of history and I even like hearing the conspiracy theories. Although I think we all can agree that the voice over Announcer is terrible.... “an iron stake? Found at a shaft near the money pit? Could this be related to the find at smiths cove, showing that this is original work?” Everything he says is in that format. I had not really paid attention to that before, but now that people on here have pointed that out, ...now hearing the voiceover guy, it really bugs me...Lol

Last edited:

OcdChaos

Dec 29, 2016
The South
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw this on Reddit , which was funny because I’ve been thinking the exact same thing every time they show the La Rochéfoucald picture.

877AD315-9904-487E-944C-5C2F79D1A1F3.jpeg

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I saw that last night. Was watching an episode of Curse of Civil War Gold last night, and saw a credit for Marty Lagina as Executive Producer... I like both the shows, find them interesting to hear some bits of history and I even like hearing the conspiracy theories. Although I think we all can agree that the voice over Announcer is terrible.... “an iron stake? Found at a shaft near the money pit? Could this be related to the find at smiths cove, showing that this is original work?” Everything he says is in that format. I had not really paid attention to that before, but now that people on here have pointed that out, ...now hearing the voiceover guy, it really bugs me...Lol

How did you watch a show of the "Lost Civil War Gold" last night. Have they renewed the series? Or are you referring to a taped version of the old show?

Robert_Dazzler

Apr 4, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The announcer is the same guy from ancient aliens, and it follows that same script. Almost every statement made is in the form of a question, allowing them to add every and any wild theory to the mix. It cant be considered spreading false theories because they are simply adding "could it be" , "Is it possible" or "If xyz is true, than that means xyx"... to all of it. Cant believe you guys haven't picked up on that yet.

OcdChaos

Dec 29, 2016
The South
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How did you watch a show of the "Lost Civil War Gold" last night. Have they renewed the series? Or are you referring to a taped version of the old show?

I was watching it on Xfininty On Demand from the History channel archives. They have all the past episodes on there. I have never seen Curse of Civil War Treasure before, so I’m catching up on the On Demand ones.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most have no reason to watch poorly written fictional tv melodrama.....

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As promised, the show was nothing special. The Laginas emerge from quarantine and arrive on the island. The finds this week: shaped and drilled stone, some shoe leather, a button, a pooter spoon fragment, and an old pickaxe.

OcdChaos

Dec 29, 2016
The South
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you stayed tuned in after Oak Island to see Episode One of the new show Beyond Oak Island, they are searching for a pirate treasure in a lake in TX. I found it interesting that one of the so called treasure hunters along with them, named Pinkerton, write books about treasure hunters, and is currently writing a book about that TX lake. When interviewed in June in the local paper he said this: Although he’s fascinated by the legend and the excitement it created, Pinkerton doesn’t believe it’s even a little bit true. His interest is in the people who have acted on their belief in the legend.
So I guess the Pinkerton guy is not really looking for any treasure, just getting fodder for an upcoming book.

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As promised, the show was nothing special. The Laginas emerge from quarantine and arrive on the island. The finds this week: shaped and drilled stone, some shoe leather, a button, a pooter spoon fragment, and an old pickaxe.
Thank you my friend.... You just saved a heap of people an hour of their life...

etex

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Longview, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you stayed tuned in after Oak Island to see Episode One of the new show Beyond Oak Island, they are searching for a pirate treasure in a lake in TX. I found it interesting that one of the so called treasure hunters along with them, named Pinkerton, write books about treasure hunters, and is currently writing a book about that TX lake. When interviewed in June in the local paper he said this: Although he’s fascinated by the legend and the excitement it created, Pinkerton doesn’t believe it’s even a little bit true. His interest is in the people who have acted on their belief in the legend.
So I guess the Pinkerton guy is not really looking for any treasure, just getting fodder for an upcoming book.

He’s already written a book on it, also one on Trammels Trace

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Has anyone looked into what Gary’s new detector is?
looked like a bunch of BS to me

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Pooters and bootons, hilarious

OcdChaos

Dec 29, 2016
The South
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m thinking that the fact that the Lagina’s now have 4 shows going: Curse of Oak Island, Curse of Oak Island Digging Deeper, Curse of Civil War Gold, and Beyond Oak Island, goes to show that the Lagina’s realize that there’s more money to be made in TV shows, than in actually finding treasure anywhere.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tuesday’s show took less than the normal time to fast forward.....it followed the exact same script line including gawry finding more common junk.

Took only 30 seconds of fast forwarding.

Waiting for the typical suspects to drop in with bacon, shakesphere, Knights Templar,Aztec, founding fathers, etc scripted fiction to state how the brothers are only missing the treasure by this much.....

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Waiting for the typical suspects to drop in with bacon, shakesphere, Knights Templar,Aztec, founding fathers, etc scripted fiction to state how the brothers are only missing the treasure by this much.....

It would have been easy to fast forward over, but Tuesday's 'near miss' was that Billy was actually sitting directly on the vault last year while digging his way up the hill. If they had just been able to go 20 feet further...

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would have been easy to fast forward over, but Tuesday's 'near miss' was that Billy was actually sitting directly on the vault last year while digging his way up the hill. If they had just been able to go 20 feet further...

LOL......especially since there has NEVER been a "VAULT" on oak island......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread