SEASON 8 - Page 45
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 675 of 749
Like Tree1289Likes

Thread: SEASON 8

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #661
    us
    Dave

    Oct 2018
    Coffeyville, KS
    Minelab XTerra 705 Fisher F44
    324
    574 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    Wow!!!! Another ox shoe! Totally backs the theory that templars did store a treasure of great importance on the island!
    Not just any ox shoe...a "mini-ox" shoe:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CATERS_MINI_COWS_001.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	1914511
    Singlestack Wonder likes this.
    "A pipe gives a wise man time to think, and a fool something to put in his mouth." - e. e. cummings

  2. #662

    Dec 2016
    175
    214 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    At this point, the only reasons why I'm still watching this show are a.) I've already watched close to 8 seasons, so might as well see it through to the end, b.) I like seeing sites being dug up using massive equipment, and c.) I do find certain things, like the discovery of old searcher shafts or the stone roads interesting.

    As far as the treasure is concerned, IMO there are only 2 alternatives left. A.) Pirates buried treasure 10-20 feet deep on the island and it was discovered long ago by people like Samuel Ball, or B.) the original depositors did go to great lengths to bury the treasure in the money pit area. The only issue with this alternative is that if the original depositors went to such great lengths to bury this massive haul of treasure, why on earth would they not then come back and excavate the whole thing out when the time was right? These guys keep talking about how much money, time and effort the British, French or Spanish put into creating this complicated network of tunnels to hide the treasure, but then for whatever reason decided to leave the entire haul there because they didn't care about it anymore.

    Also, the whole metal detecting has gotten super boring. One season they'll find a hundred coins, then the next season it's all nails and now this season it's ox shoe after ox shoe. The only surprising thing thus far is that they've found zero precious metals on the island after so many searches. I bet even my backyard would yield more treasure at this point.
    Last edited by skybolt; Apr 01, 2021 at 03:32 PM.
    MikeN, sasquash and captjackny like this.

  3. #663

    Feb 2017
    303
    311 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by gazzahk View Post
    At some point you would think they will have to openly consider the plausible explanations for the things that have been found on Oak Island.. Still not holding my breath.. Treasure hunt sells more advertising dollars than normal human industry..
    There are the other plausible explanations, but they also don't find things such as the last equipment left as the South Sea Company might have abruptly abandoned operations in 1722 after its stock imploded. The archeologists note in the show that the things have been picked clean; no normal evidence of human activity clues.
    gazzahk likes this.

  4. #664

    Feb 2017
    303
    311 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    In this week's episode:




    The drillers head out to find a nonferrous target in the Barringer tunnel near Smith's Cove. I notice that they didn't try to duplicate the original VLF radio wave survey taken in 1988. I'm quite suspect of this technique. But drill baby, drill! At borehole NF1, they find clay: ideal tunnel construction area. But they reach limestone without finding any gold. At borehole NF2, again only Mother Nature but no tunnel. They calculate they would need up to 16 holes to exclude possible treasure from the Barringer nonferrous targets. So the Barringer drilling is placed on the shelf as they return to the Money Pit.


    At the rock road near the swamp, they uncover a possible corner in the swamp road. Could it unlock the entire mystery? Gary finds a single loop military style button, likely from 1750-1850. And a piece of old fire grate. A square rock that was likely a flintlock from a 17th century musket. Ancient French pottery from the early 1760's.

    The team inspected some saved Dan Blankenship artifacts from the 70's. They take one of Dan's swamp finds made of layered metal to Carmen who dates it to the 1400's, and likely part of a cannon ignition port.

    They dig a trench through the swamp down to the hardpan. As they dig, they find a piece of finished wood: the railing of the sunken Spanish Galleon! A top pocket find for Billy! And they are being blocked from further trenching by likely wooden beams.
    gazzahk, sasquash and 1637 like this.

  5. #665

    Nov 2015
    1,443
    2019 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeN View Post
    In this week's episode:
    WHAT no gold.... I was certain they would find it this week...

    Thanks Mike

    So 21 episodes this season and they have found a) old wood b) water c) exposed more of a road known about for 50+ years d) a "serpent shaped" mound of dirt dumped by previous searchers e) Old metal junk; and d) taken a look at more old junk found by Dan....

    WOW that was worth the 21 hours of TV time....
    MikeN and skybolt like this.
    Live the moment...

  6. #666
    us
    Professional Treasure Hunter

    Jun 2012
    Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
    5,393
    7699 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    They may find the "Katherine" next week. There was a ship of Sir Henry Sinclair, the Katherine shipwrecked June, 1398 and burned in the Swamp. I hope they find 14th Century Timbers to go with the handrail found this week.
    MikeN likes this.

  7. #667
    us
    Dave

    Oct 2018
    Coffeyville, KS
    Minelab XTerra 705 Fisher F44
    324
    574 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeN View Post
    In this week's episode:




    The drillers head out to find a nonferrous target in the Barringer tunnel near Smith's Cove. I notice that they didn't try to duplicate the original VLF radio wave survey taken in 1988. I'm quite suspect of this technique. But drill baby, drill! At borehole NF1, they find clay: ideal tunnel construction area. But they reach limestone without finding any gold. At borehole NF2, again only Mother Nature but no tunnel. They calculate they would need up to 16 holes to exclude possible treasure from the Barringer nonferrous targets. So the Barringer drilling is placed on the shelf as they return to the Money Pit.


    At the rock road near the swamp, they uncover a possible corner in the swamp road. Could it unlock the entire mystery? Gary finds a single loop military style button, likely from 1750-1850. And a piece of old fire grate. A square rock that was likely a flintlock from a 17th century musket. Ancient French pottery from the early 1760's.

    The team inspected some saved Dan Blankenship artifacts from the 70's. They take one of Dan's swamp finds made of layered metal to Carmen who dates it to the 1400's, and likely part of a cannon ignition port.

    They dig a trench through the swamp down to the hardpan. As they dig, they find a piece of finished wood: the railing of the sunken Spanish Galleon! A top pocket find for Billy! And they are being blocked from further trenching by likely wooden beams.
    I noticed that they kept referring to the anomalies as "non-ferrous targets, so therefore it could be gold or silver"... I think Marth even said, "'Non-ferrous' means TREASURE"! My 10-year-old granddaughter asked me, "Do they even know that it's metal at all? It could just be a big rock". TRUE.

    I need to re-watch a portion, because I do think one team member MAY have said "non-ferrous metal" in one statement, but every statement afterwards used the terms "non-ferrous material" or "non-ferrous target/anomaly" .

    The Beamish Geomagnetic surveys of 1965 and 66, the Barringer survey of 1988, and several others performed in 1992, 1994, and 2001 (VLF and GPR) ALL agree on one finding - that their results were INCONCLUSIVE. Geomagnetic surveys can ONLY detect areas in which the magnetic properties or conductivity of the material/soil or object are DIFFERENT than the material around it. It does not POSITIVELY identify it an item as metal. It can INDICATE the POSSIBILITY of something being metallic...or an aquifer of salt water. Those of us that have used VLF metal detectors (much more sensitive and discriminatory than geomagnetic equipment) know that gold gives VDI reading/tone similar aluminum or nickel, due having similar electrical conductivity, and detecting a salt-water beach gives all sorts of weird readings.

    Oak Island Tours.ca has this "Download" file, from several years BEFORE "The Curse" aired (2008), which appears to be a series of PowerPoint slides, to shown during a discussion or lecture. It presents the findings of the several surveys mentioned above. Not a lot of detailed explanations, but does have interesting data, talking points...AND CONCLUSIONS. Yes - it does sort of wander into "woo" territory in the latter part of the slide show with their theories, but I found the data to be interesting.
    https://www.oakislandtours.ca/upload...june_22_08.pdf
    Last edited by DaveVanP; Apr 07, 2021 at 06:17 AM.
    MikeN and Crow like this.
    "A pipe gives a wise man time to think, and a fool something to put in his mouth." - e. e. cummings

  8. #668

    Feb 2017
    303
    311 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by gazzahk View Post
    So 21 episodes this season and they have found a) old wood b) water c) exposed more of a road known about for 50+ years d) a "serpent shaped" mound of dirt dumped by previous searchers e) Old metal junk; and d) taken a look at more old junk found by Dan....

    WOW that was worth the 21 hours of TV time....
    If the latest find is not just the remains of a building that was blown to sea in Halifax and floated into the swamp, but an actual ship - it could get interesting. It's hard to imagine even an actual ship clarifying the activities on the island however. Even the fabled Spanish Galleon full of treasure would leave as many questions as answers.

  9. #669

    Feb 2017
    303
    311 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveVanP View Post
    Oak Island Tours.ca has this "Download" file, from several years BEFORE "The Curse" aired (2008), which appears to be a series of PowerPoint slides, to shown during a discussion or lecture. It presents the findings of the several surveys mentioned above. Not a lot of detailed explanations, but does have interesting data, talking points...AND CONCLUSIONS. Yes - it does sort of wander into "woo" territory in the latter part of the slide show with their theories, but I found the data to be interesting.
    https://www.oakislandtours.ca/upload...june_22_08.pdf
    That's a great set of slides - gives much more information.

  10. #670
    us
    Mar 2014
    Garrett AT Pro
    1,262
    1933 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    The hoax of oak island continues.....
    My AT Pro finds more “treasure” in a single hour than all of the treasure ever found on oak island...

    The oak island money pit is the longest running hoax in history...

    King Arthur is a fairy tale and fairy tale characters did not cross the Atlantic

    Resident De-bunker #2...

    The 1911...An elegant weapon for a more civilized age...

  11. #671
    us
    Professional Treasure Hunter

    Jun 2012
    Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
    5,393
    7699 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveVanP View Post
    I noticed that they kept referring to the anomalies as "non-ferrous targets, so therefore it could be gold or silver"... I think Marth even said, "'Non-ferrous' means TREASURE"! My 10-year-old granddaughter asked me, "Do they even know that it's metal at all? It could just be a big rock". TRUE.

    I need to re-watch a portion, because I do think one team member MAY have said "non-ferrous metal" in one statement, but every statement afterwards used the terms "non-ferrous material" or "non-ferrous target/anomaly" .

    The Beamish Geomagnetic surveys of 1965 and 66, the Barringer survey of 1988, and several others performed in 1992, 1994, and 2001 (VLF and GPR) ALL agree on one finding - that their results were INCONCLUSIVE. Geomagnetic surveys can ONLY detect areas in which the magnetic properties or conductivity of the material/soil or object are DIFFERENT than the material around it. It does not POSITIVELY identify it an item as metal. It can INDICATE the POSSIBILITY of something being metallic...or an aquifer of salt water. Those of us that have used VLF metal detectors (much more sensitive and discriminatory than geomagnetic equipment) know that gold gives VDI reading/tone similar aluminum or nickel, due having similar electrical conductivity, and detecting a salt-water beach gives all sorts of weird readings.

    Oak Island Tours.ca has this "Download" file, from several years BEFORE "The Curse" aired (2008), which appears to be a series of PowerPoint slides, to shown during a discussion or lecture. It presents the findings of the several surveys mentioned above. Not a lot of detailed explanations, but does have interesting data, talking points...AND CONCLUSIONS. Yes - it does sort of wander into "woo" territory in the latter part of the slide show with their theories, but I found the data to be interesting.
    https://www.oakislandtours.ca/upload...june_22_08.pdf
    They used ground resistivity meters back in the 1980's, highly unlikely to locate precious metals or non-ferrous metals. Sand and quartz will show up as gold and silver. Useless piece of equipment. The instruments were faulty.

  12. #672
    us
    Jan 2017
    Pennsylvania
    122
    131 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    The hoax of oak island continues.....
    Too bad you don't have a nickel for every time you typed that or something similar.
    Last edited by Bud Aurum; Apr 07, 2021 at 11:32 AM.

  13. #673
    ECS
    ECS is offline
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    12,662
    18679 times
    Treasurehunting & Historical research
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    They may find the "Katherine" next week.
    There was a ship of Sir Henry Sinclair, the Katherine shipwrecked June, 1398 and burned in the Swamp.
    I hope they find 14th Century Timbers to go with the handrail found this week.
    I hope someone with real professional credentials in marine history and marine archaeology explain what type of ship was available to 14th century Henry Sinclair that could make a voyage across the Atlantic.
    It is always Sinclair made the trip with a band of geriatric Templars to hide treasure, but never in what type of vessel of that period that could carry all those men and a payload of treasure.

  14. #674
    us
    Mar 2014
    Garrett AT Pro
    1,262
    1933 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud Aurum View Post
    Too bad you don't have a nickel for every time you typed that or something similar.
    Agreed!
    My AT Pro finds more “treasure” in a single hour than all of the treasure ever found on oak island...

    The oak island money pit is the longest running hoax in history...

    King Arthur is a fairy tale and fairy tale characters did not cross the Atlantic

    Resident De-bunker #2...

    The 1911...An elegant weapon for a more civilized age...

  15. #675
    us
    Mar 2014
    Garrett AT Pro
    1,262
    1933 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeN View Post
    If the latest find is not just the remains of a building that was blown to sea in Halifax and floated into the swamp, but an actual ship - it could get interesting. It's hard to imagine even an actual ship clarifying the activities on the island however. Even the fabled Spanish Galleon full of treasure would leave as many questions as answers.
    Maintenance was performed on ships on hoax island. Nothing new there.....probably all kinds of garbage left over along with ox shoes....
    My AT Pro finds more “treasure” in a single hour than all of the treasure ever found on oak island...

    The oak island money pit is the longest running hoax in history...

    King Arthur is a fairy tale and fairy tale characters did not cross the Atlantic

    Resident De-bunker #2...

    The 1911...An elegant weapon for a more civilized age...

 

 
Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. 2017 season part deux...silver restarts my season.
    By digger27 in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Oct 14, 2017, 03:50 AM
  2. 10-X Question: Season 1 Ep1 and Season 2 Finale
    By dabbott2 in forum Oak Island
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Mar 16, 2015, 01:08 PM
  3. Rabbit Season, Duck Season, T... Season, Bridges flooded?
    By CoinandRelicMan in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Jul 26, 2014, 10:17 PM
  4. deer season, wabbit season....
    By wkrp43 in forum My Daily Snapshot
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Nov 26, 2013, 11:01 PM
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0