SEASON 8

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are some of your recent comments on the cross. Keep in mind the cross was not found on top of structures in Smiths Cove.

There is ZERO reason to even speculate that the cross shaped piece of lead is old. Even less it had anything to do with the Templars. This is shown by the excavation of Smith Cove. The structures there were built in mid 1700s. Any land on top of those structures must of accumulated there after this time. Therefore the piece of lead must of been deposited later.

There is nothing that supports the Laginas assertions of the lead being anything else. There is nothing to associate this with the KT except a passing similarity to a piece of old graffiti on an old prison.

So after 134 episodes their two greatest finds are a lead sinker and a fanciful dream....

No that is a claim of the lead. Not the cross it could of been melted from more of the found lead on the island from the same source (This is their own show that claimed the other lead was from exactly the same place). This is more plausible then a piece of furniture from one of the old buildings having exactly the same lead as that from a KT jewelry from hundreds of years earlier.

On top of this as stated earlier the lead object was found buried in recent soil not soil from the age of the KT which were over 700 years ago.

So please tell me where you stand on this then... they had the cross tested for date and origin of metal... You calling that testing FAKE/LIE

Last edited:

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All my posts simply say

1. There is nothing to support that the piece of lead has any association with the Templers
2. That there is other lead from the same place the lead object is from that was from furniture on the grounds of a former resident of oak island
3. The most plausible explanation for a piece of lead on top of recent soil in the water is a sinker.

I did not say

say it is fake and planted

DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wait, so you are saying that no proof that it wasn't faked...is proof that it could be faked? This may be the funniest thing I have ready on here yet....Hello pot, im kettle, you are black. NUFF SAID

The fact is...there is NO PROOF that it is authentic, nor proof of provenance it is claimed to have. It could just as easily (more likely, in fact) that the lead cross was cast by a 17th-18th-Century French missionary for a Native convert. Similar items have been found in the U.S. - mostly Spanish, made of lead, brass, or pewter.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya'll don't get what I'm trying to get across. As with most things on OI it is just a matter of what you or I "believe". I'm just trying to get people to word things like that and not state it as if it is a fact when it's not. ECS, gives me a hard time for saying things like " it's possible" "maybe this" or "maybe that" and that is because we don't know and I don't have proof and I know it and I admit it. I'm just trying to get others to do the same. The show has shown something, be it the cross, ox shoes, wood, hinge, or whatever. If you don't believe what they are saying about it just say that. Not oh it's fake, it was planted when you don't know that. How hard is that to understand...

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my lead enigma
found in waters near a Rev war fort in Ma.
fort was manned during 1812 and CW
I have found 100s of musketballs of all sizes in those waters but have found some minnie balls also
no other lead that i can remember
fort was attacked shortly in Rev war by troops in row boats launched from British war ships in the bay
and were repelled by a small force of rebels
is it 1700s...1800s...or early 1900s ? :dontknow:
my hopes its from 1700s - possibly made on shore by bored US soldier who melted bunch of musketballs in his sentinel fire
could have been done by a soldier in the 1800s too
looks like someone drew with finger in shore sands and poured lead in it
they built many whaling ships here - could have been made by one of those guys in later 1800s
was found with detector in about 6 ft of water at low tide about 100 yards from shore - dont think it couldve
been thrown that far ...so was it dropped over bored - by a soldier? (US or British) by a sailor? by a fisherman?
by a ship builder?
no hole for string or line...if tied around its neck there should be a wear mark - line wouldve cut into soft lead
there are many questions - could be many other possibilities - just saying
with the lead cross - might be one possibility...may be a lot :tongue3:
attachment.php

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my lead enigma
found in waters near a Rev war fort in Ma.
fort was manned during 1812 and CW
I have found 100s of musketballs of all sizes in those waters but have found some minnie balls also
fort was attacked shortly in Rev war by troops in row boats launched from British war ships in the bay
is it 1700s...1800s...or early 1900s ? :dontknow:
my hopes its from 1700s - possibly made on shore by bored US soldier who melted bunch of musketballs in his sentinel fire
looks like someone drew with finger in shore sands and poured lead in it
they built many whaling ships here - could have been made by one of those guys in later 1800s
was found with detector in about 6 ft of water at low tide about 100 yards from shore - dont think it couldve
been thrown that far ...so was it dropped over bored - by a soldier? (US or British) by a sailor? by a fisherman?
by a ship builder?
no hole for string or line...if tied around its neck there should be a wear mark - line wouldve cut into soft lead
there are many questions - could be many other possibilities - just saying
with the lead cross - might be one possibility...may be a lot :tongue3:
attachment.php

Someone will be along shortly to claim those are templar artifacts......

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... ECS, gives me a hard time for saying things like " it's possible" "maybe this" or "maybe that" and that is because we don't know and I don't have proof and I know it and I admit it.
I'm just trying to get others to do the same... How hard is that to understand...
"It's possible"/"maybe this" alludes to the belief that there is proof, although granted, it is not as blatant as posting unproven speculation as fact like another poster, nor is one able to provide proof of something that never existed.
Non existence is tacit proof by it's own merits.
How hard is that to understand?

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
but the cross exists. Sure looks like a cross. We've all seen it on tv/pictures. They had it tested. So how is it fake... Sure it "might" have been planted but we don't know that for a FACT. That is just some's belief... I know you can't prove it which is why I'm trying to get you and others to just say it is your belief or what you think.. Ya'll come off as if you know something no one else does and you don't. Which is why someone asked the question yesterday if there was proof of it being fake/planted... THERE IS NOT... yet you and others continue to talk as if there is and won't own up to it that there isn't...

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"It's possible"/"maybe this" alludes to the belief that there is proof, although granted, it is not as blatant as posting unproven speculation as fact like another poster, nor is one able to provide proof of something that never existed.
Non existence is tacit proof by it's own merits.
How hard is that to understand?

ECS: Just place these individuals on your, "Ignore List". They are here to argue vs. offering factual information supporting/debunking the hoax island comedy act.

No reason to waste your time....

Bud Aurum

Jan 6, 2017
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ECS: Just place these individuals on your, "Ignore List". They are here to argue vs. offering factual information supporting/debunking the hoax island comedy act.

No reason to waste your time....

Singlestack, seriously? Waste your time? ECS & you spend most of your life on Oak Island threads.
Are you guys really here to protect us from corrupt programming or to stop anyone from hypothesizing based on your own unproven beliefs?
I don't get why it's so important to you to constantly drill anyone with unproven ideas.

That be like me spending most of my time on a blog that's trying to convince me the world is flat or no man was ever on the moon.

Please add me to your "Ignore" list.

Your Bud Aurum

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not at the moment, but I'm not going to get ya'll to own up to the fact that you only think the cross is fake ( granted none of ya'll have bothered to explain how it is fake ) and planted. You have no actual proof of it.. As I said before ya'll just remember how you handled this convo the next time your asking for proof from someone else. Apparently if they believe it, it is a fact from here on out... No use in even questioning anyone any more. It's a Ted Nugent FREE FOR ALL....

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
.... I'm just trying to get people to word things like that and not state it as if it is a fact when it's not...
Your very obvious avoidance of including Franklin on your "word things" crusade shows a definite selective chastisement on who you include in your relentless judgement. There are several words for that type of pointed behaviour.
Behold! Beneath the bright shine of sun, more thy tirades my way comes.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Singlestack, seriously? Waste your time? ECS & you spend most of your life on Oak Island threads.
Are you guys really here to protect us from corrupt programming or to stop anyone from hypothesizing based on your own unproven beliefs?
I don't get why it's so important to you to constantly drill anyone with unproven ideas.

That be like me spending most of my time on a blog that's trying to convince me the world is flat or no man was ever on the moon.

Please add me to your "Ignore" list.

Your Bud Aurum

Done! You are welcome.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your very obvious avoidance of including Franklin on your "word things" crusade shows a definite selective chastisement on who you include in your relentless judgement. There are several words for that type of pointed behaviour.
Behold! Beneath the bright shine of sun, more thy tirades my way comes.

Now this is 2nd grade stuff here. You got caught red handed and instead of owning up to it, you say "well what about Franklin he did it too"!!!

The difference between you and Franklin is he is talking about stuff we can't see and or stuff that may or may not have ever happened. I don't spend my time thinking on his stuff, kinda out of site out of mind.
We all have been talking about something we have all seen. The Cross... Kinda hard to make that up as we've all seen it...

Last edited:

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lead has been used for a long time, and especially with ships...people were always melting it down and repurposing it.

Some bored Sailor took some lead from the ship and made a cross with it...Could have been 200, 100, or even 50 years ago....the damn thing was found on the surface, not under any layer of vegetation...the natural buildup of vegetation over the years creates soil, and the rate of buildup can be calculated...the cross was found on the surface.

Right now, you can take lead down to a recycler and they will send it off and will end up in a car battery or a fishing sinker...
100 years from now, someone will find whats left of a car battery in a dumpsite, and will trace it back to the pXRF data from Atocha lead and claim that they found a piece of the Atocha, and the lead traces back to a mining location in France...

The show is really tough to watch anymore...

is it 1700s...1800s...or early 1900s ?

Probably threw it in the water as it didnt come out very well....
The configuration of the anchor may help ID the age...you should post over on the Shipwreck Thread...I bet they would know!

I agree with your assessment...this was made from melted ammo, and who knows where the original lead came from...

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Now this is 2nd grade stuff here. You got caught red handed and instead of owning up to it, you say "well what about Franklin he did it too"!!! ...
It is obvious that you were the one, as you say, "caught red handed" with your selective rants about "getting people to word things" as you deem fit, as you misquote and misrepresent what was posted by several members.
Please, n2mini, post where i wrote "well what about Franklin he did it too". Never happened.
Thank you for proving my point concerning a highly selective agenda on whose posts you let slide and those that don't fit your narrow criteria.
Thou whine foul cries whilest engaging in the same endeavour you hold up in others.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread