SEASON 8

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Singlestack, seriously? Waste your time? ECS & you spend most of your life on Oak Island threads.
Are you guys really here to protect us from corrupt programming or to stop anyone from hypothesizing based on your own unproven beliefs?
I don't get why it's so important to you to constantly drill anyone with unproven ideas.

That be like me spending most of my time on a blog that's trying to convince me the world is flat or no man was ever on the moon.

Please add me to your "Ignore" list.

Your Bud Aurum

"Karens" be like that Aurum......:tongue3:

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks"

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Where did I say that? Please do not make untrue statements about things I have posted. It is not appreciated.
n2mini always misquotes and misrepresents what others post with untrue statements as a feeble attempt at "winning" arguments that he initiates, never adding anything of substance to the discussion.
'NUFF SAID!

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... You got caught red handed and instead of owning up to it, you say "well what about Franklin he did it too"!!! ...
Not only did I NOT state that in POST#895, but it is a total misrepresentation of what was posted.
It is obvious that you, my friend n2mini, have been "caught red handed" misquoting, misrepresenting, and distorting the meaning of not only my posts, but also those of Gazzahk and others.
...and as noted by Gazzahk, your untrue statements are not appreciated, but do show your true colours.

As you stated on POST#875,"Remember how you handled this the next time your asking someone else for proof".

Last edited:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Karens" be like that Aurum......:tongue3:

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks"

LOL.....if one chooses to ignore meaningless posts with no pertinent content relating to actual facts regarding oak island, the typical suspects resort to name calling.

Perhaps their feelings are hurt because the weekly tv fictional drama show they waste time watching that gives them some sort of purpose is being pointed out for the hoax that continues to be promoted.

One more added to the list...

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...and you are reliving your elementary school yard bully glory years on these threads. :laughing7:
Time to grow up, my friend n2mini. :thumbsup:

Not sure you came to this statement. Ya'll were asked if you had proof of the Cross being fake and planted, and it was never answered. Ya'll hemmed hauled around the question and when I said that ya'll are always asking for proof of what others claimed and you get upset when they don't answer yet here ya'll were doing the exact same thing. I called ya'll out on it and in return you say will Franklin does the same thing why aren't I asked him for proof... That is you being childish not me...

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a picture from the prison where Knights Templers were held captive in the early 1300's. They apparently did alot of carvings on the walls. Granted not all the crosses look the same but you have to admit this one and others like it do look like the cross that was found on OI. If no Templer ever came to OI as some say then what are the odds of someone else hanging out on OI taking a piece of metal and melting it down to make a fishing weight and it just to happen to look almost exactly like the cross carved into a wall in a prion on the other side of the world that once held Knights Templers?

Prison Cross.jpg

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only problem I have with that is Rick and his gang saw the carving and then found the cross? If he had found the cross first and then the carving would seem more likely but still not probable.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... I called ya'll out on it and in return you say will Franklin does the same thing why aren't I asked him for proof... That is you being childish not me...
Once again you are misrepresenting and distorting what I posted, which was a reference of your selective singling out some but not all who post the same for your personal peeve lambasting nonsense.
As for "being childish", calling one "out" is a prime example of that behaviour. :crybaby2:
We thank you for proving so many of our points.
'NUFF SAID!

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Now this is 2nd grade stuff here.
You got caught red handed and instead of owning up to it, you say "well what about Franklin he did it too"!!! ...
Yes, your constant misquoting of what others and I have posted is "2nd grade stuff", and, you my friend, n2mini, are the one caught "red handed" every time. :laughing7:

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As always you are correct. Not sure why anyone ever questions your posts, as you and everyone you quote in your posts are all knowing... Have a good rest of the weekend..

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... If no Templer ever came to OI as some say then what are the odds of someone else hanging out on OI taking a piece of metal and melting it down to make a fishing weight and it just to happen to look almost exactly like the cross carved into a wall in a prion on the other side of the world that once held Knights Templers?
What are the chances of this cross shaped object that, as you noted, "happen to look almost exactly" like that alleged Templar tooth wall art being just another case of apophenia, the mistaken perception of connections between unrelated objects that is the rule of Rick and Marty's scripted for entertainment treasure show.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is a picture from the prison where Knights Templers were held captive in the early 1300's. They apparently did alot of carvings on the walls.

View attachment 1927318

Looks to me like someone was working on arms and hands in the wall relief. And there is a seperation for what seem to be legs. I don't think it's a cross, but a human figure.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What are the chances of this cross shaped object that, as you noted, "happen to look almost exactly" like that alleged Templar tooth wall art being just another case of apophenia, the mistaken perception of connections between unrelated objects that is the rule of Rick and Marty's scripted for entertainment treasure show.

That is possible but regardless of what side of this your own you have to admit with the "cocked" head and the OI cross does have a ridge running up the lower portion of it that they do look ALOT a like... At one point back when the OI cross was first found there were some on here that said it was probably bought in a gift shop from the area of the old Templer Prison. If that had been true I'm sure there would have been picture posted of them by now..
Could have it been melted down from a hinge or something while on OI yes, could it have been planted, yes. Never said otherwise. All this started from someone asking the question if those that think it is fake and planted, do you have proof, since they were talking as if it was a fact and maybe was even stated on the show or something. I'm just trying to get those that think that to just say, that is what I THINK and not state it as if it is a fact without some explanation...

DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
but the cross exists. Sure looks like a cross. We've all seen it on tv/pictures. They had it tested. So how is it fake... Sure it "might" have been planted but we don't know that for a FACT. That is just some's belief... I know you can't prove it which is why I'm trying to get you and others to just say it is your belief or what you think.. Ya'll come off as if you know something no one else does and you don't. Which is why someone asked the question yesterday if there was proof of it being fake/planted... THERE IS NOT... yet you and others continue to talk as if there is and won't own up to it that there isn't...

As has been stated repeatedly: Anything NOT proven to be AUTHENTIC is assumed to be fake. Period.

It does NOT have to be proven "fake". The very LACK of proof or documentation of authenticity is, in itself, evidence of "fakery".

NO ONE is disputing the fact that there was a lead cross found on Oak Island - the cross itself is "real", not fake. What IS fake is the STORY of how it got where it was found, and/or who put it there.

Last edited:

DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Lead has been used for a long time, and especially with ships...people were always melting it down and repurposing it.
Some bored Sailor took some lead from the ship and made a cross with it...Could have been 200, 100, or even 50 years ago....

I made one in Art Class (8th Grade) in 1970, from lead, that looked remarkably like the one found on Oak Island...about the same size, too. It got lost when my family moved...

(Robert Clotworthy's narrator voice): "A lead cross? Last seen in California 50 years ago? A similar lead cross found in Nova Scotia...? How widespread was the Templar influence in America?"

DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks to me like someone was working on arms and hands in the wall relief. And there is a seperation for what seem to be legs. I don't think it's a cross, but a human figure.

An old National Geographic magazine (from the 80's, I believe - DECADES before the CoOI show) did an article on the Castle of Domme, France, featuring several photos of the "grafitti" showing the whole wall covered with similar carvings. Templars were not a "thing" then - nobody gave them much notice. The article did not suggest Templars made the carvings, but did mention they were among the HUNDREDS, if not THOUSANDS of persons had been kept there over many hundreds of years, both political and religious, including French Huguenots. Some carvings have dates inscribed, from the 1540's. Crosses of this type and style were NOT unique to the Templars - nearly any devout Christian, whether ANY sort of monk, knight, noble or peasant used some form of cross to signify their faith - and there was no standard design for any particular class, branch or order, at least not until the latter 15th Century. (I laugh out loud whenever a Spanish Reale or Escudo coin is shown on TV being found, and IMMEDIATELY, someone has to make the remark, "Look! A cross! IT'S A TEMPLAR COIN!!!"). The NatGeo article went on to say that this particular carving (the one featured by the show) and SEVERAL OTHERS were crude representations of the body of Christ on the cross - a crucifix. This was determined by the indication of the bottom "pillar" of the cross appearing to be divided, indicating legs, with the offset top representing the slumping head of Christ. Other carvings were more detailed, some were less so. The lead cross does not have this distinction of "legs", and the "offset" at the top end appears to have been bent after being cast, not cast in that form...so when first made, the lead cross did NOT resemble the carved cross - other than being in the shape of a cross. Having the hole in the "head" it appears the lead cross is simply a pectoral cross worn around the neck on a thong. If the hole had been punched through the casting with an awl or nail, it would account for the "head" shape", and possibly the cause of it being bent to one side.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... All this started from someone asking the question if those that think it is fake and planted, do you have proof, since they were talking as if it was a fact and maybe was even stated on the show or something.
I'm just trying to get those that think that to just say, that is what I THINK and not state it as if it is a fact without some explanation...
The real question is : Do you have proof that it is NOT a fake, nor planted?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
As has been stated repeatedly: Anything NOT proven to be AUTHENTIC is assumed to be fake. Period.
It does NOT have to be proven "fake". The very LACK of proof or documentation of authenticity is, in itself, evidence of "fakery".
NO ONE is disputing the fact that there was a lead cross found on Oak Island - the cross itself is "real", not fake.
What IS fake is the STORY of how it got where it was found, and/or who put it there.
It is apparent that some have a very hard time or do not want to understand this very basic fact of provenance verification, and will believe anything stated on this "cursed" show.

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

According to this logic, if Billy Gerhardt's truckload of silver stash is ever raised, it would be assumed to be fake. Period.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread