SEASON 8

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My argument has absolutely nothing to do with the authenticity of the cross or it's true origin.. As I have stated a few times in the last week or so, It's all about wording when some post on this cross that it is FAKE and PLANTED and they DO NOT KNOW THAT.. They were specifically asked that question and they did not even try to answer it...

I know you can't prove it and you know I can't prove it any other way and never said I could. Heck it might have been planted but till we know that for a FACT lets just say "I think it was planted" for whatever your reasoning is which is fine regardless of what it is... You are always saying this document says this/doesn't say that, yet if people back then talk how ya'll talk as if everything you say is a fact you see how alot of those old writings are not correct and or in one place it says this and somewhere else it says that...Everybody is taking their own liberties with the info and filling in the gaps however they wish. That is how some of the Historians are off by 600 years in their writings of it of the Trojan War...
SO, if we could just speak in I THINK THIS, or MAYBE THAT then we all know it is just your thoughts and not you having some info that somehow no one else knows about.. Seems pretty simple to me. You won't like that though as your always making fun of me talking in MAYBE THIS, or It's POSSIBLE.. but we have too as that is all we have...

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
...I know you can't prove it and you know I can't prove it any other way and never said I could...
So we have an impasse concerning the legitimacy of this piece of lead that lacks documented provenance.
Move on to another rant of nonsense.
'NUFF SAID!

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
According to this logic, if Billy Gerhardt's truckload of silver stash is ever raised, it would be assumed to be fake. Period.

LOL....using nonsense from the show in an attempt to support argument....

Let's see...brothers take yet another unnecessary trip in order to fill time in show....go to castle in Europe....find carvings in room formerly used to house prisoners........state templar prisoners carved stone with their teeth...one carving of a man looks similar to a cross......they then come back to hoax island and find lead casting identical to carving of man found in castle....then call it is templar cross.

It's fascinating that folks actually give this nonsense credibility....

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only documentation they can do is have it tested which they did. All I'm asking is for you and a couple of others to word you "thoughts" correctly.. How hard is that. Apparently extremely hard and quite possibly impossible... You'd rather pass on what MIGHT be false info then to speak with the truth...
I have the show telling us how they found the cross. If you don't believe it that is your right but it is also up to you to prove them wrong or in a lie. Not me...

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
My argument has absolutely nothing to do with the authenticity of the cross or it's true origin...
If that is so, why did you bring up the claim that they had it tested?
Which, in all reality, proved absolutely nothing concerning the Templars beyond speculation.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Out of curiosity I backed into the "Geochemist" who analyzed the lead to date the cross.

Tobias Skowronek - https://ruhr-uni-bochum.academia.edu/TobiasSkowronek

He is listed as a student at Ruhr University in 2018.

I wouldn't think a professional opinion was out of order for confirmation.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If that is so, why did you bring up the claim that they had it tested?
Which, in all reality, proved absolutely nothing concerning the Templars beyond speculation.

because you said it lacks documented provenance. All they can do is have it tested/dated. Which they did..

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1984 was a fictional novel by George Orwell, and you, my friend, n2mini, are not "Big Brother" in charge of the Thought Police. :laughing7:

by making that statement your admiting that your using your thoughts and stating them as fact or I wouldn't have to be the "thought police".. You will never understand...

Last edited:

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out of curiosity I backed into the "Geochemist" who analyzed the lead to date the cross.

Tobias Skowronek - https://ruhr-uni-bochum.academia.edu/TobiasSkowronek

He is listed as a student at Ruhr University in 2018.

I wouldn't think a professional opinion was out of order for confirmation.

I can't vouch for his credibility, but I hope that he would have used the same testing methods as anyone else would have.. I'd also like to think he wouldn't put his reputation on the line if he has grand plans of going somewhere in his field of study. but hey, money talks...

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
He had no reputation to put on the line at that point. He can always say: "I vas yust a student" How long did the Channel have to search for someone like that?

The test would have produced numbers. The art in the science is interpreting the numbers to match with known samples. How hard did he look for matches, or just stop when he got a match that resulted in a tuition endowment from the History Channel? In fact, the University of New Brunswick did the testing. This kid from Ruhr just offered his interpretation of the data. He did not perform any testing himself.

Why didn't we hear from the University of New Brunswick directly? Maybe that was less flexible to the Network's wishes?

That said, we are still left with a lead cross with no providence found by biased amateurs using unscientific site archeology that coincidentally appears after a visit to an European site with a vaguely similar shape in the wall. Reminds me of the earlier "Roman Sword" found later to have been sold shortly prior on the Italian ebaY site. Sadly, even if it is authentic, it has lost all usefulness as a historical artifact because of the techniques. Wave it in front of a camera instead of take notes of depth, surrounding matrix, relationship of other items, etc.

We should have sent it to the Marx Brothers. ;-)

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
but if he wants to be taking serious in the future he needs to protect his rep.. as I have been saying this is the kind of stuff I can understand if you want to say I "think" the results of testing MIGHT be biased to the shows objective based on this person not actually performing the test yada yada yada.. but for the others to just throw it out there and say it is fake and planted without any explanation doesn't come across good... Then when someone did ask did they have proof, thinking maybe he had missed something in the show they never did try to explain their stance as you have here. That is all it takes. Pretty simple wasn't it..

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He had no reputation to put on the line at that point. He can always say: "I vas yust a student" How long did the Channel have to search for someone like that?

The test would have produced numbers. The art in the science is interpreting the numbers to match with known samples. How hard did he look for matches, or just stop when he got a match that resulted in a tuition endowment from the History Channel? In fact, the University of New Brunswick did the testing. This kid from Ruhr just offered his interpretation of the data. He did not perform any testing himself.

Why didn't we hear from the University of New Brunswick directly? Maybe that was less flexible to the Network's wishes?

That said, we are still left with a lead cross with no providence found by biased amateurs using unscientific site archeology that coincidentally appears after a visit to an European site with a vaguely similar shape in the wall. Reminds me of the earlier "Roman Sword" found later to have been sold shortly prior on the Italian ebaY site. Sadly, even if it is authentic, it has lost all usefulness as a historical artifact because of the techniques. Wave it in front of a camera instead of take notes of depth, surrounding matrix, relationship of other items, etc.

We should have sent it to the Marx Brothers. ;-)

I would not call it a "lead cross" as the laginas made it to match the carving of a man they found on their visit to the castle. The legs are a dead giveaway. They didn't even attempt to hide the legs in their reproduction.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And yes, the Marx Brother's evaluation would have been just as accurate as the "student" the laginas paid to "authenticate" the lead.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
by making that statement your admiting that your using your thoughts and stating them as fact or I wouldn't have to be the "thought police".. You will never understand...
:laughing7: You really need to explain how my reference to George Orwell's 1984 fictional novel is an admission of using my thoughts as fact that has enabled you to become the "thought police" on these threads.
So far your self embarrassing statements like this provide humorous s and comic relief for on and all on these threads. :thumbsup:
'NUFF SAID!

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
because you said it lacks documented provenance. All they can do is have it tested/dated. Which they did..

...and still lacks no real documented verification that this lead object alleged cross was connected in any way with the Templars or that the Templars ever set foot on Oak Island or the North American continent.
This is very similar to Wilson & Blackett's nonsense using English church wall paintings of the martyrdom of St Edmund as "proof" that King Arthur was killed by Native Americans on 6th century Kentucky.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing7: You really need to explain how my reference to George Orwell's 1984 fictional novel is an admission of using my thoughts as fact that has enabled you to become the "thought police" on these threads.
So far your self embarrassing statements like this provide humorous s and comic relief for on and all on these threads. :thumbsup:
'NUFF SAID!

If I have to explain it you wouldn't understand it. You seem to keep forgeting that I don't care if the cross has any connection to the Templers. Just that you or no one on here knows for sure that it is fake and was planted.. Might be what you THINK but you don't know that for a FACT. Just admit that and this ends... Charlie P gave you an easy out just say you think the same as his explanation above...

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How is that. You either only think it or you know it and can provide proof...

If your not willing to admit that you only THINK, the cross is FAKE and or PLANTED then does that mean your saying you know for a FACT that the cross is fake, which I'm guessing means you think that either the Laginas one of the crew, or someone from the TV Show made the cross and planted it as well??? Which is it??

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread