SEASON 8

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think this is what will happen when they go back and dig down to find that gold coin....

stock-vector-businessman-gold-digger-with-shark-failure-concept-vector-illustration-cartoon-4967.jpg

Who knows what is inhabiting those caves.....

DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I’m thinking that the fact that the Lagina’s now have 4 shows going: Curse of Oak Island, Curse of Oak Island Digging Deeper, Curse of Civil War Gold, and Beyond Oak Island, goes to show that the Lagina’s realize that there’s more money to be made in TV shows, than in actually finding treasure anywhere.

How long before they tackle more "buried treasure" stories with more fiction than fact surrounding them? Three that come to mind are Beale, Lue, and anything related to KGC...Just talking "buried treasure", here; "lost mines" subjects are nearly endless.

Victorio Peak would be fascinating, though. It is more recent, and better documented. There are even a few alleged "eyewitnesses" still alive today, I believe...plus the whole "government conspiracy" angle would be right up the alley for some of our regulars here.

OcdChaos

Dec 29, 2016
The South
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like watching this show, I find the theories and history interesting. But tonight’s episode was pretty disappointing. There was talk of draining the swap with a dam, and they found a couple of ox shoes. That was a synopsis of the whole hour.

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, this week's show was pretty slow. At first I thought there was no new show this week and it was just a repeat of last week's show. They discovered that the square-holed washer belonged to an ancient Chinese Chevy pickup. (But actually, if it was a Chinese coin, I would have expected more of the Chinese script to remain visible).

In addition to the Ox shoes there was some iron object. The "winter ox shoes" made me think of another scenario: the lumberjacks of northern Wisconsin who harvested the old growth White Pine made use of winter to create frozen ice trails, which allowed the animals to pull larger log loads along the frozen trails. That could have been a trail to move all the original lumber harvest down to the harbor to move off the island. The old growth lumber might have been suitable for ship spars which England could obtain only from the new world.

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Mike

So to summarize. They found nothing treasure related.... Just more old junk that could of been found anywhere in Nova Scotia.

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In this week's episode, we find that the Big Dig won't happen before Season 9 (2021). Gary made a bottom pocket find of three old axes. Could the axes have been connected to an operation to bury treasure in the money pit?

They're baaack! Templars long ago laid out a Chrysler pentastar on Oak Island to point directly to the Palace of Versailles. The grounds of Versailles contain the pattern of a menorah, which in turn points directly to the Temple Mount.

Now, inscribe a menorah on the Oak Island Chrysler pentastar; the intersection of 2 points create 2 places to search for 'something'. A mysterious force at one of the points busts the hydraulic hose of the backhoe. The other point contains a mysterious man-made trench, which was sediment-dated to around 300 years.

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I wonder if the Bro’s understand just how difficult it is to align a rock carving to a place which is over 3000 miles away, let alone the ridiculous notion that the Templars could do it, there are very few people today who could do it, I doubt seriously that Gary can.

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we find that the Big Dig won't happen before Season 9 (2021)......
You are kidding right? Season 9 and they have just started season 8....OMG!!!!

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Gary finds an axe head and he just can’t believe it......seriously? On an island which has a documented history of farming and wood harvesting? Give me a break, smh

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
They dig down, not that far, and find they are hitting glacial till in the excavation in lot 15: you know laid down by a glacier during the last friggen ice age.

Rick, totally in denial of what this means says there might possibly be a tunnel under it.

That was it for me.

Last edited:

DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The core taken in the "mysterious trench' showed 30 cm of sediment, indicating 300 years of existence...or possibly Fred Nolan dug it, and started to backfill it after it began filling with water...50 years ago?

The second area (where the hydraulic hose failed) had been bulldozed/filled level by Nolan decades earlier (1970's)- it would seem the "spoil pile" (the soil he pushed aside) would have been a more likely area to investigate rather than "digging deeper" (pun intended) where he had already dug. Of course they found rocks and boulders under the fill he put in...the island is covered with a layer of glacier deposits from 10K years ago, and that is in turn covered by soil Nolan used to level the area...they even remarked that the upper level they were digging was unusually clean (no rocks/boulders!) and "loose" - and likely fill dirt. (BTW - if you wish to show a rock has an "X" inscribed on it - brush it off and SHOW IT; don't DRAW an "X" in the encrusting dirt on the rock with your finger...)

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last night’s show was the worst yet. The narrator stating that the axe heads were related to the treasure vault was hilarious.

The laginas stating that, “yep, the only way to find the treasure is to dig up the entire money pit area BUT we won’t till next season” was yet another farce in an attempt to keep hoax believers watching for ratings even though the entire area has been dug deep many, many times.

The common pine tar kiln being a “tunnel entrance” story line is ridiculous as well with the archeologist attempting to keep a straight face as the laginas push their tunnel entrance fiction.

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are kidding right? Season 9 and they have just started season 8....OMG!!!!

The implication from earlier shows is that they find something in the swamp that identifies the activity and when it happened. If the activity turns out to be something conventional like a shipyard (the axes could be rigging axes), will this finally satisfy their curiosity and end the show?

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
Let's see, they drained, surveyed, scanned, cored and excavated the swamp already to learn it's a swamp that has bits of junk left in it by those who did that before.

Doing it all again is gonna change the outcome?

When those escapees from the Rennes le Chateau asylum turned up for a second time with that pentagram and treasure in the swamp invention not one person said 'Hey, we have already dug the swamp so what you just tried to hand us is a fantasy'

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was even film last night cut out of "The Curse of the Civil War Gold." Anyone see it?

DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I wonder if the Bro’s understand just how difficult it is to align a rock carving to a place which is over 3000 miles away, let alone the ridiculous notion that the Templars could do it, there are very few people today who could do it, I doubt seriously that Gary can.

Giorgio will tell them they could map it all out from orbit in an alien space ship....worked for Nazca...

DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Let's see, they drained, surveyed, scanned, cored and excavated the swamp already to learn it's a swamp that has bits of junk left in it by those who did that before.

Doing it all again is gonna change the outcome?

When those escapees from the Rennes le Chateau asylum turned up for a second time with that pentagram and treasure in the swamp invention not one person said 'Hey, we have already dug the swamp so what you just tried to hand us is a fantasy'

Let's see... a swamp which may have been open water/bay at one time, with a "rock structure" ("paved area") which would have been useful for careening a fouled hull, or doing other ship repairs...ox shoes discovered in a pattern suggesting a "trail" to a wooded area, with ax heads found in the area in between.... Sounds like oxen were used to haul felled trees to a area to be de-limbed, possibly split for later forming into structural pieces for ship repair....?

Who am I kidding with such OUTLANDISH theories? Everyone knows the Templars needed oxen to haul the TONS of gold and treasure, as well as axes to make the timbers for their tunnel to the Treasure Vault!

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's see... a swamp which may have been open water/bay at one time, with a "rock structure" ("paved area") which would have been useful for careening a fouled hull, or doing other ship repairs...ox shoes discovered in a pattern suggesting a "trail" to a wooded area, with ax heads found in the area in between.... Sounds like oxen were used to haul felled trees to a area to be de-limbed, possibly split for later forming into structural pieces for ship repair....?

Who am I kidding with such OUTLANDISH theories? Everyone knows the Templars needed oxen to haul the TONS of gold and treasure, as well as axes to make the timbers for their tunnel to the Treasure Vault!

Any of this could be true and maybe we'll find out one day...

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
BC19CDCD-08B1-4407-86AD-C66FB32ADB8D.png Since season 8 looks like a bust, here is a preview of season 9, “The Money Pit”, LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread