SEASON 8

Zom

Dec 8, 2019
USA
Detector(s) used
1975 White Discriminator. Sorry, my metal detector days are over.
Primary Interest:
Other
I think we already knew from the Other Side Of The Causeway facebook page that they've seen drones flying over OI. That indicated the Prometheus filming crew was at work.

My contact at Prometheus who works as a producer on OI was called back to work on Season 8.

So, yes.... for what it's worth... if there was any doubt about Season 8...

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! Cannot wait for that....

Oak-Island.jpg

You can buy the whole box set.. What fun! Binge watch the 113 episodes..

skeleton.jpg

So my friends.. Settle in. Remove your brain... And Believe

This time they will find

f2a93add09287a56a97779484e6781af.jpg

So like me I am sure the rest of you treasure seekers out there are .....

89046abe00370bcf1b9314a2b48ead4e.jpg

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Fossils

Oct 25, 2019
MA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only gold that the Oak Island team will find is in their paychecks :laughing7:

Steamboat

Feb 20, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't watch last years show and I don't think I missed anything. They have a lot of nerve to keep this farce going. I have no respect for Marty and Rick.
I don't think there ever was a stone at the 90 ft level, or wooden platforms, etc. It was all made up to get investors.
The show is the same way. They will string this thing out till people stop watching.

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bolder tech, bigger finds, new discoveries - nothing will stop them. The Curse of Oak Island returns Tuesday, November 10th at 9/8c on the HISTORY channel.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whats kind of disturbing is that they wouldn't keep making them if there wasn't a sizeable audience tuning in.

I'd think after a 100+ episodes with nothing found that any MD'r doesn't find on a typical outing the interest would wane, but i can't blame them, we the people keep lining their pockets with the real treasure in Oak Island: Viewership.

Like they say, "When the product is "free", you are the product!"

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On Tuesday, they had a 10 minute Season 8 preview show. In summary: planning around Covid problems, new Sonic in a part of the Swamp, and Gary to get some sort of 'deep scanner'.

diabolicalbeans

Oct 30, 2020
W. Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been watching this show fromnthe very first episode, it's infuriating but I still get really excited for each episode! Hahaha! That's where the name of my treasure hunting discord server came from "top pocket finds" ��

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you really think they are making money from the show that exceeds what they are spending?

Before the TV show began, Marty was estimated to have a net worth of around $40-$60 million (ÂŁ32-47 million). However, the success of the show has led to most estimates growing to as much as $100 million (ÂŁ79 million).

https://www.history.co.uk/shows/the...s/the-lagina-brothers-net-worth-biggest-finds

40 million USD is about 1,200 pounds of gold...

He definitely found treasure on oak Island

Last edited:

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will not be watching this season as they have nothing left to discover. Everything has been dug up. Not a single indication of treasure has been found. It is sad they are still trying to milk the debunked legend.

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
tape it,watch it in 10 min,get on with your day,EASY
brad

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
or for those that do nothing but gripe about the show and people on it, why bother to even do that other then to be able to come on here and gripe some more about...

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Making sure that new folks who check in are fully aware of the oak island hoax so they don’t waste hours watching the show or reading fictional accounts of the story....consider it a public service...

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Making sure that new folks who check in are fully aware of the oak island hoax so they don’t waste hours watching the show or reading fictional accounts of the story....consider it a public service...

but ironically you don't know that for a fact. You can't say for a FACT that the Money Pit was a hoax. The MP was there. Any hole the original 3 guy dug is/was the MP. That is a FACT. Granted I can't prove it now but most everyone believes they did dig a hole.. The question has always been is there or was there ever treasure in it.. If it has already been found it was not a hoax and the story was over long ago.. No one has been able to prove it either way. If someone did find it years ago there would be obvious reasons to not make a big deal about it...Maybe it's not your land your digging on, you promised part of it to someone else if found, your a black man and don't want to bring attention to yourself, etc....

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s a fact (not only proven by the 1000’s of threads on this site but all of the empirical evidence produced over the past 100 years) that the money pit is a hoax.

Over the course of the last 200 years NOT ONE PIECE of evidence has ever been produced to prove the fictional hole ever existed. Companies and individuals have milked investors via treasure ponzi schemes. Once investors stopped giving money, the entities moved on. Then a few years later after the hype died down, a new huxter would come along and start the hoax story up again.....

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you truly believe there NEVER was a hole that the original 3 dug regardless of how deep or what was in it if anything..and if they never did dig a hole as the story goes with them going back over there for weeks/months to dig it before getting help from others to help in the dig, which would have seen the hole or maybe all of that is a lie... Of course your correct on everyone making it rich off their investors, loved how the Restall's used ALL THAT MONEY to live on OI year round for 2-3 years with NO ELECTRICITY, and with only boat or swimming access to the island. Yeah they sure milked their investors good and remember this was in the early to mid '60s.. or do you claim that story not to be true either..

and I'll say this again. Just because it is your "opinion" that none of this ever happened, does not make it a FACT. Same way I can't prove Apollo 11 ever actually landed on the moon. I can't prove there ever was a Pirate that went by the name Blackbeard... I do feel pretty sure that Sherlock Holmes was a fictional character. Might have been based off someone but was not real..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread