SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks interesting, just hope there's actually something found of value!

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since the lagina's are involved it's obviously another scripted fiction show...

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I foresee gawry finding more common artifacts........

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's pretty obvious that significant finds will not occur on Oak Island so "Beyond" is a good bet.

Maybe they ought to add a competent geologist and accredited archeologist to the team?

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
I think its another updated rehash of older treasure stories, with the lagina's attempting to capitalize on tv viewers being familiar with their name.

After a long long run on oak island and really zip to show in the way of treasure, its possible the real treasure is in getting a tv show that goes on virtually forever and pays pretty darn well with residuals for reruns.

OcdChaos

Dec 29, 2016
The South
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like they abandoned the guy with the lake in TX from last week, and have moved onto another lost treasure story this week

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw the show, it was painful to watch, especially with Gary attempting to explain something...

incoherent is being kind.

hammer0419

Aug 20, 2014
OC NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like it. Tonight's episode was very good.

Flipperfla

Dec 2, 2018
Fl.
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very disappointing. Rick and Marty talk about themselves for 18 minutes, a little background, 2 minutes of detecting, Gary finds a shell casing................end...........? A 10 year old could write a better show.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not even seen it yet and know its already lame.

Heh.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I Personally Liked The One On...Butch Cassidy And Robbers Roost!

My Grandfather was part of the "Wild Bunch" the part that wagoned in supplies and horses for them.

I did a family write up on his adventures...we even have one of the Wild Bunch's baby boy as an adopted family member.

It was very interesting to have seen the location of this hide out, where my Grandfather would have played his banjo for the women and guests he ferried there.

RobbersRoostbyMountainPhotography.jpg

The Hole in the Wall was the second hideout for Butch and his Gang farther North.

Hole in the Wall 20190805_171429.jpg

Grandpa had one of the best horses and wagon around and he made a profitable living off the spoils of the Wild Bunch!

The Outlaw Story of Grampa…Lew Taylor…His Life…With Butch Cassidy, and the Wild Bunch!
This story is from family memories, stories, and research, into what may have been a part of Grandpa Lew’s upbringing.
Lew Taylor was not born a Taylor; his given name was Lars Peter Sorensen.
It was said that his family emigrated from Denmark with the aid of the Mormon’s Perpetual Emigrating Fund.
The director of this Mormon organization which help poor European families move to Utah, was Franklin Dewey Richards
The town Franklin, Idaho (named after Franklin Richards) was the town earliest Mormon family’s arrived at in then North East Utah, by the Mormon Trail or later by train.
Franklin was an important depot town for the Wild Bunch to supply their Hole in the Wall, Gang’s Sanctuary.
The Sorensen family while living in Levan, Utah, may have succumbed to what Utah called their Typhoid Mary. During the latter part of the 19[SUP]th[/SUP] Century, these epidemics ravished Utah Settlers.
Lew was given over to the Taylor family to raise, and eventually moved South with them, to their family ranch at Salina, Utah.
It was there with his older brother Frank Taylor where they raised the fastest and highest endurance horses in the County.
It was the reputation of these horses that caught the attention of the Wild Bunch Gang, as they required cached top-quality horses that could ride for hours at high speeds without tiring.
These and their spare horses were capable of out running the Law, after Bank Robberies.
Frank was more the horse breaker while Lew chose the musical career.
Frank became good friends with the gang member Matt Warner whose job was to procure horses for the gang and transport them to their Hold Out, Robber’s Roost.

Robbers Roost…” was an outlaw hideout in southeastern Utah used mostly by Butch Cassidy and his Wild Bunch gang in the closing years of the Old West.
The hideout was considered ideal because of the rough terrain. It was easily defended, difficult to navigate into without detection, and excellent when the gang needed a month or longer to rest and lie low following a robbery. It was while hiding out at Robbers Roost that Elzy Lay and Butch Cassidy first formed the Wild Bunch gang. Gang members developed contacts inside Utah that gave them easy access to supplies of fresh horses and beef.”

I believe, it was these trips into Robbers Roost with Matt Warner and Frank, that Lew developed his talent for entertainment. Lew with his Banjo, Mandolin, Harmonica and Guitar would entertain Butch Cassidy, The Sundance Kid, Matt Warner and other wanted men and women at their Dance Hall, with his songs and dance.

Matt Warner was known as a sort of Gentlemen Bandit as he never resorted to gun play and was a married man with a daughter.

When Matt Warner was captured by the Law and sentenced to Prison Life, his wife Ruth died giving birth to his son Rex.

Unable to raise Rex, Matt gave his son to his good friend Frank Taylor to adopt.

Today, Rex Taylor, the once son of one of the most feared outlaw gangs in history, is now part of the Taylor’s lineage!

It was “Strange” how the timing of Grampa and Grandma (Ockey) Taylors’ arrival to Cardston, coincided with the breakup of the Wild Bunch Gang.

It is “Curious” how he managed to buy and build their properties at Beaver and then at Lee’s Creek.

It was said that Grandpa always paid for purchases with coin.

To this day, I wonder about that old Oak Tree growing by itself in the back yard of their house, covered around by tall grass, the one we as children were never supposed to go near!

Flipperfla

Dec 2, 2018
Fl.
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very disappointing. Rick and Marty talk about themselves for 18 minutes, a little background, 2 minutes of detecting, Gary finds a shell casing................end...........? A 10 year old could write a better show.

The last one about how the state of Florida rips treasure hunters off was pretty interesting. Guess the message of the show was keep your mouth shut or lose what you find. Seems everything interesting I research down here winds up on posted state owned land, imagine that. I suspected the Canaveral area for years. A natural trap for ships sailing up and down the coast. If you boat in this area you realize just how dangerous this area is to ship navigation, even today. A lot of action around the Sebastian area, but I would put my money on the unfound 1715 wrecks to the north at Canaveral. Turtle Mound, Haulover Canal, Shipyard Inland, directly to the west over the National Seashore barrier island. Yeah, the State knows the wrecks are there. That’s why you can’t detect the beach anymore.

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My Grandfather was part of the "Wild Bunch" the part that wagoned in supplies and horses for them.

Well that's all very interesting and I'm sure we all thank you for sharing but right now we're discussing Oak Island.

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Probably going to end up as another snoozefest. I won't be spending any time watching it.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh Charlie!

Well that's all very interesting and I'm sure we all thank you for sharing but right now we're discussing Oak Island.

I think you are a bit Disoriented...I think you are still thinking about last week on my Thread.[h=1]“Oak Island” the “Strange”, the “Bizarre”, and “Maybe” the "Truth”![/h]
The only thing this Thread or the Show has to do with Oak Island...is in the Title's Name! and that says...Beyond!

Flipperfla

Dec 2, 2018
Fl.
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Incorrect Sir, Beyond Oak Island is the subject, and my post was related to that show. Please get your facts straight.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread