Absurd Oak Island Math - Is the Entire Show a Hoax?

char_boy

Dec 4, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was watching this week's episode where they extend the line through Nolan's cross to France and show that it runs straight through the center of the main palace of Versailles spot on.

It seemed to me that even the slightest wiggle in the line on Oak Island would translate into a big difference in France 3000 miles away.

So I did some math to see how accurately they could be drawing this line.

The boulders are quite large, and 860 feet apart.

Boulders are irregularly shaped, so you can't quite draw a straight line connecting the boulders with too much precision. If ten different people did it, the ten lines would vary from each other at least slightly.

If the point on the boulder that they draw the line through varies by even one inch, that translates into a difference of almost 1/3 of a mile by the time you get to France.

So to say that line exactly crosses anything specific 3000 miles away is ridiculous.

The way they achieved it was move the line to go through Versailles and it would barely move its location on Oak Island.

So they could basically say it went through anything they want within a wide swath of Europe.

To see the Lagina brothers eat this argument up hook, line and sinker shows they're either in on this math hoax, for the sake of ratings, or they're idiots themselves. The latter may be the case, I've seen it over and over how they get completely emamored by obviously dopey arguments that they should see through immediately if they were a little smarter. Part of the problem is their excessive faith in so-called experts. There are plenty of complete idiots walking around even with PhD's.

But I have to wonder if they know all too well and it's all just a big charade. They are now getting rich off this t.v. show itself so it may be the design to drag it on for as many years as possible. If they did find treasure, which I doubt they ever will, they may not even want to tell us for 5 or 10 more years, just to keep the gravy train rolling. The truth will come out, eventually.

DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If the crew on OI found any treasure, or anything of any historical significance, the world would know long before it was ever shown on TV.. They film the show in the Spring and Summer, but don't broadcast until Fall, but if anything was found during the filming, the news would have gotten out regardless of how tight their "security" is. Perhaps if it were a "live show", or at least broadcast the same week it was filmed, it would be more believeable...but then again, they couldn't hype it up and make it "mysterious".

So, basically, if they have another season, you know they didn't find anything significant in the previous 4-5 months.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was watching this week's episode where they extend the line through Nolan's cross to France and show that it runs straight through the center of the main palace of Versailles spot on.

It seemed to me that even the slightest wiggle in the line on Oak Island would translate into a big difference in France 3000 miles away.

So I did some math to see how accurately they could be drawing this line.

The boulders are quite large, and 860 feet apart.

Boulders are irregularly shaped, so you can't quite draw a straight line connecting the boulders with too much precision. If ten different people did it, the ten lines would vary from each other at least slightly.

If the point on the boulder that they draw the line through varies by even one inch, that translates into a difference of almost 1/3 of a mile by the time you get to France.

So to say that line exactly crosses anything specific 3000 miles away is ridiculous.

The way they achieved it was move the line to go through Versailles and it would barely move its location on Oak Island.

So they could basically say it went through anything they want within a wide swath of Europe.

To see the Lagina brothers eat this argument up hook, line and sinker shows they're either in on this math hoax, for the sake of ratings, or they're idiots themselves. The latter may be the case, I've seen it over and over how they get completely emamored by obviously dopey arguments that they should see through immediately if they were a little smarter. Part of the problem is their excessive faith in so-called experts. There are plenty of complete idiots walking around even with PhD's.

But I have to wonder if they know all too well and it's all just a big charade. They are now getting rich off this t.v. show itself so it may be the design to drag it on for as many years as possible. If they did find treasure, which I doubt they ever will, they may not even want to tell us for 5 or 10 more years, just to keep the gravy train rolling. The truth will come out, eventually.

The Stones of Nolan's Cross aligns with the Paris Observatory not Versailles. I drew the line from Versailles aligning it two different ways with the center right down the line, the best I get was 62 miles North of Oak Island. The other was 77 miles North of Oak Island. I also ran the line to the Dome of the Rock in Jerusalem and it was over 17 miles North. You would be correct about being slightly off but even when you are directly on spot it comes out more than one degree of Latitude off. Nolan's Cross is 59.34 Degrees, if followed on Google Earth goes directly to the Paris Observatory. This proves that the Stones of Nolan's Cross was put down after 1600 as Paris was rarely used before the beginning of the 17th Century. The observatory itself was not built until 1667. The Apollo & St. Micheal's Line is 6.34 degrees West of Nolan's Cross. The Welling Triangle on Oak Island was 6.34 degrees verifying the 53 Degree Line of Apollo & St. Michaels. This line was also called the "Jesus" Line. This line was used for Longitude. For Latitude they used the "Christ" line of 45 degrees 15 minutes which was also called the "Rhodan" or Rosy Line.

Last edited:

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
The Stones of Nolan's Cross aligns with the Paris Observatory not Versailles. I drew the line from Versailles aligning it two different ways with the center right down the line, the best I get was 62 miles North of Oak Island. The other was 77 miles North of Oak Island. I also ran the line to the Dome of the Rock in Jerusalem and it was over 17 miles North. You would be correct about being slightly off but even when you are directly on spot it comes out more than one degree of Latitude off. Nolan's Cross is 59.34 Degrees, if followed on Google Earth goes directly to the Paris Observatory. This proves that the Stones of Nolan's Cross was put down after 1600 as Paris was rarely used before the beginning of the 17th Century. The observatory itself was not built until 1667. The Apollo & St. Micheal's Line is 6.34 degrees West of Nolan's Cross. The Welling Triangle on Oak Island was 6.34 degrees verifying the 53 Degree Line of Apollo & St. Michaels. This line was also called the "Jesus" Line. This line was used for Longitude. For Latitude they used the "Christ" line of 45 degrees 15 minutes which was also called the "Rhodan" or Rosy Line.
How did you draw that line? What type of mathematics were used,
since the Earth is round, you would need to use spherical trigonometry to achive any type of accuracy. I am sure the clowns from France can’t do it and I seriously doubt that you can either, but........perhaps you can prove me wrong and explain your calculations,
be careful.....some of us know how to navigate using the stars.

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
On Google earth I found amazingly I could draw a straight line from my house to Oak Island.

Then as an experiment I found I could draw a straight line from my house to the pyramids in Egypt, the Eiffel Tower, the White House, the Temple Mount in Jerusalem, the Vatican and Fort Knox.

It revealed my house is at the centre of some huge conspiracy that is going on. What exactly this conspiracy is I'm not sure yet so I need to draw a few more lines from my house to see what they might go to.

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Using the technology and maps of 1300 or even 1600 I doubt even the most skilled navigator could select and hit a location 3,000 miles away and get within 10 miles. It's preposterous to think such an exercise would have even been considered necessary.

Its easy for us now - but then there were no chronometers and longitude was pretty much by guess and by golly. 2 or 3 degrees was acceptable and all that was expected of the navigators. Lets say the Templars or whoever were twice as good as the Royal Navy. Accuracy to 1 degree. 60 minutes of angle. Over 3,000 miles (Paris to Halifax) that translates to a margin of error of 52 miles

But then the whole concept of constructing a vault 100 ft underground in someone else's country to house something you ever wanted back is pretty outlandish.

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

They don't exactly look like they believe it. The island is so honeycombed with prior activity that you can pick any point(s), claim interest for some reason and find something. That's basically what's happening here. They used the 2 guys with a wild story to add some color, rather than just throwing darts at the island map and digging.

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
throwing darts at the island map and digging.
They should try that, it might make for a more interesting show, heck Gary could be the dart board.
now thats a show I may watch.

Fossils

Oct 25, 2019
MA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s all a load of BS honestly. The sad truth of the matter is that the brothers aren’t finding anything interesting on the island, so they have to feature all sorts of quack theories in order take up screen time. Half of each episode is just rehashed old theories and stock clips. At this point it’s clear that there’s no treasure on Oak Island, but the brothers are just trying to drag on the series as long as possible because they make money off of it.

The only good thing is that the show hasn’t resorted to “salting” the island with fake finds. There are quite a few treasure hunting shows that will plant a fake find when the going gets slow, but at least the Oak Island producers haven’t stooped to that level yet.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The treasure is there, it is found in the money the sponsors pay to advertise.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They are like Friday the 13th part 12, just don't know when to stop milking it.
I suppose it will go on until their ratings drop to the point where its not worth it.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Using the technology and maps of 1300 or even 1600 I doubt even the most skilled navigator could select and hit a location 3,000 miles away and get within 10 miles. It's preposterous to think such an exercise would have even been considered necessary.

Its easy for us now - but then there were no chronometers and longitude was pretty much by guess and by golly. 2 or 3 degrees was acceptable and all that was expected of the navigators. Lets say the Templars or whoever were twice as good as the Royal Navy. Accuracy to 1 degree. 60 minutes of angle. Over 3,000 miles (Paris to Halifax) that translates to a margin of error of 52 miles

But then the whole concept of constructing a vault 100 ft underground in someone else's country to house something you ever wanted back is pretty outlandish.

Sir Henry Sinclair could figure within one ten thousandths of one degree which if off by one ten thousandths would be within 360 feet.

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Sir Henry Sinclair could figure within one ten thousandths of one degree which if off by one ten thousandths would be within 360 feet.
I call BS on that, it is not even possible to do today, let alone in his time.
Franklin.....please stop the BS

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I call BS on that, it is not even possible to do today, let alone in his time.
Franklin.....please stop the BS

Everything you do not know is not BS. But maybe a lot of things you do know is BS. You mean the Ancients were smarter than scientist today? You may be right?

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dismissed the show a long time ago as entertainment, nothing more than that. The Laginas have this entertainment thing down to a science. So much so that they've created Beyond Oak Island - and I'm watching that too.
The number of posts and replies on this thread just today shows I'm not alone.... :)

And I'm happy they're digging on Oak Island itself, because I'm sure something happened on that island. Like farming, maybe some basic military passing-throughs, maybe some loading and unloading of some supplies, maybe some repairing of some ships. So - things that probably happened on dozens of islands in Nova Scotia.

PS - I think it would be way more interesting to have shows about events that would actually change history, like the Vikings landing in North America. Just my $0.02.

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Everything you do not know is not BS. But maybe a lot of things you do know is BS. You mean the Ancients were smarter than scientist today? You may be right?
You obviously know very little about surveying and navigation, to make such a claim as to 1 in 10,000 accuracy is absurd, if you had any type of education in these fields, you would be able to see it.
at this point I think that you simply enjoy debating and being called out, you must love the attention, pathetic

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Was this also from research reading "THE LOST TEMPLAR JOURNALS OF PRINCE HENRY SINCLAIR" by Diana Jean Muir ?
Considering that Henry Sinclair was neither a "prince" nor "Templar" , and NEVER left Scottish soil and surrounding waters, that statement is highly suspect.

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Why do I bother? Franklin, let me try to put this into some sort of perspective for you.
a sine bar is a gage block used to calibrate angle blocks, these are precision angles used to calibrate bevel protractors and such.
a sine bar with an accuracy of +/- 0.01 mm ( 0.0003937 inch) will only provide for an accuracy of angle to +/- 1 arc min.
and arc sec is 1/3600 of a degree, 1/60 of an arc min.
you are claiming Henry Sinclair could measure 1/10,000 of an arc sec accurately.
you do the rest of the math

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread