Oak Island Mystery Solved! The Truth behind what the McGinnis Boys Saw!

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
same way as someone posted the other day that the 3 took a bought and paddled around the island to see what was going on, yet one of them lived on it and you can walk across the whole island in 15-20 minutes. Just shows you can't pick and choose which parts of the story you want to believe and use to get your thoughts across... So I guess your one of the ones that believe the MP was never dug by the original 3. No hole ever dug? and that would mean that no one ever came to help them dig or dig it themselves and the story in Reader Digest was complete made up along with the time the Restalls lived on the island etc etc... You can't have the rest of the story without something in the beginning.. That being said when do you think the first people put a shovel in the ground looking for treasure and why would they do that just out of the blue for no apparent reason?

HIO

Greenie
Oct 27, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
None of the original stories state 1795. This date was most likely made up by Blair based on when Smith took ownership of lots on the island. There is a statement from James Pattillio that puts the discovery during the time when his father, Alexander Pattillio, owned lots on Oak Island (1785-1794). You could possibly narrow it down further if you believe Smith was not one of the original discoverers. In the 1st edition of the History of the County of Lunenburg, Judge DesBrisay does not include Smith as one of the original 3. He includes Samuel Ball instead. The source of Judge DesBrisay’s information is Mary Smith, John’s daughter. One major problem with this assumption is that Judge DesBrisay states the discovery occurred in 1799, so we are essentially cherry picking information to come up with a date predating 1790. (Source: Late Paul Wroclawski’s Research).

In my opinion, the focus needs to be on the 10 years preceding 1795. I think the originating event n2mini is looking for most likely occurred during this time period. However, there is some information that suggests this event was just a rediscovery of workings done on the island during the 1750s. “Workings” is meant to suggest that there was human inhabitation on the island not necessarily a treasure dig.

OP
OP
S

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
n2mini: Please present one empirical fact that provides proof that there was a treasure located in a vault in a pit that contained log platforms, a stone found at 90 feet with cryptic writings, and flood tunnel traps with their intakes located at smith’s cove.

If you can provide something that is not a fictional tale containing fictional content from Franklin, Robot, Lokiblossom, Edlo, Muir, Amundsen, the guy who found the fake Roman sword, Wolter, anyone associated with cable drama/fictional shows, any of the previous hoax companies, the Blankenships, the laginas, etc., then we may give the topic some further due diligence.......until then it’s all been a money generating hoax...

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
n2mini: Please present one empirical fact that provides proof that there was a treasure located in a vault in a pit that contained log platforms, a stone found at 90 feet with cryptic writings, and flood tunnel traps with their intakes located at smith’s cove.

If you can provide something that is not a fictional tale containing fictional content from Franklin, Robot, Lokiblossom, Edlo, Muir, Amundsen...
Now that would be THE TEAM to assemble to solve the Oak Island treasure tale.
n2mini with his knowledge of holes on Oak Island.
Franklin whose research from the books of Muir, Halpern, Wilson & Blacknett and the videos of Petter Amundsen.
Robot with his Freemason Star Chart treasure map.
Lokiblossom who knows all about the Templars and their use of coconut coir.
Eldo a card carrying member of the AMERICAN CRYPTOGRAM ASSOCIATION who had Amundsen as their guest convention speaker.

If this ULTIMATE ALL STAR TEAM can't find all those treasures Franklin states that are buried on Oak Island
- NOBODY CAN!

Last edited:

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
The Money Pit wasn't dug by the 'original 3'.

If you bothered to even check and not just repeat what you heard on The Curse of Oak Island you would have known that Smith, Mcginnis and Vaughn were later searchers who just went to back to the site of a previous search attempt. It's why there was still the equipment (block & tackle) and a depression there.

That is the unexplained anomaly given in the story now that you try and gloss over: as these were there it showed it was not an ancient burial site at all but something a lot more recent.

Sort of exposes all those who try and claim that no one knows what went on there and invent some idea it's an ancient Aztec or Viking sor Templar or Sinclair or Bigfoot treasure etc.

If only this had been reported back then so people researching it all now would find it that is was known and not just keep repeating that false story!

Oh, wait, look.....

not first.jpg

(that's only a small fraction of what is actually known that is claimed nowadays not to exist)

Last edited:

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
funny how ya'll have changed your thoughts/tactics after I call you all out as to how this all started if the original 3 did not dig a hole. Suddenly now they were not the first to dig!!!
To Mr. Singlestack, I have never said there is for a fact treasure in the hole. Just that the hole was there that you claim was not. I'm guessing all you nay sayers did a group chat this morning to figure out a game plan to combat what I posted early this morning so ya'll could all try to be on the same page to make it look like what your saying is fact. I asked ya'll how this all got started if the original 3 did not dig the hole and now....................

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dang right, but for the last time for a while. With ya'lls thoughts and theories all over the place just today alone it appears to me ya'll have no idea what happened like the rest of us of course but your unwilling to admit it so you keep changing your stories when I or someone calls you out on it and shows you how wishy washy you are. Ya'll have fun. n2mini out. Let the bashing of me begin...

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I haven't changed my story in eight years? :icon_scratch: :dontknow:

This from five years ago:

It's a natural glacial sinkhole on an island that saw Portugese fishermen in the 14th century, later British and French. Is situated between two forts that were French and captured by British; so logging, hunting, scouting occurred at various times.
Dug at in 1795 by a group of teenagers. Later they purchased sections of the island and dug further. Found nothing and sold out to what has become a long series of drillers and excavators.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/o...rian-views-thread-ver-ii-arrgggg-arrgggg.html

Last edited:

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
. I'm guessing all you nay sayers did a group chat this morning to figure out a game plan to combat what I posted early this morning so ya'll could all try to be on the same page to make it look like what your saying is fact..
No.....you got this wrong as well, your opinion is not worthy of such effort

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
The important thing is , if Oak Island was cut up into small shares/parcels , there would be buyers...Well , that and folks who believe in stories but don't really want to back one up with money getting all excited. And more holes dug.
L.o.l..

Ride our boat to the island. Dig for treasure. Whoo hoo!

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Now that would be THE TEAM to assemble to solve the Oak Island treasure tale.
n2mini with his knowledge of holes on Oak Island.
Franklin whose research from the books of Muir, Halpern, Wilson & Blacknett and the videos of Petter Amundsen.
Robot with his Freemason Star Chart treasure map.
Lokiblossom who knows all about the Templars and their use of coconut coir.
Eldo a card carrying member of the AMERICAN CRYPTOGRAM ASSOCIATION who had Amundsen as their guest convention speaker.

If this ULTIMATE ALL STAR TEAM can't find all those treasures Franklin states that are buried on Oak Island
- NOBODY CAN!
Mine has never changed because there was never any Sinclair or Templar treasure or voyage by them ever to Oak Island, Nova Scotia, and the above listed UAST hasn't proven otherwise.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SomeDude can no longer post for multiple broken rules.

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The irony of the money pit is had its believers dug as much as they have there in any number of completely random places across the globe they would statistically have found incomprehensibly more treasure simply by blind luck. I know this to be true because I sometimes dig random test holes and find things in them, I also sometimes find all manner of coins randomly dug up by excavators working in random construction sites. Ask any construction worker and they will tell you about all the treasures they find simply by digging in random places.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread