Theory and Question- Serpent Mounds & Oak Island

Jun 6, 2021
TOULOUSE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So why do you bother to post in this thread. Are you attracted to the irrelevant? LOL

ECS must have been at least as interested in the Oak Island mystery as you are.
His position is similar to a form of mourning work in psychoanalysis. He burns what he loved so that he can part with it. His strong frequentation of the forum shows that he cannot detach himself from this story, but tired of the stupid theories that we constantly see on the TV series, he can only approach this mystery by decrying it.
His position is understandable because on the TV series, the most stupid theories are treated at the same level as those which could be serious and this is a bit of an insult to the intelligence of the viewer.
I can only understand the position of ECS, Oak Island interests me but I do not adhere to the far-fetched theories sometimes presented on the TV series not to mention those that I could read here ... See you soon.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
...I can only understand the position of ECS...
So you "only" understand my position on false fabricated fantasies post as fact?
As a first time TN poster under this name it is curious that you zero in on my "position" with your amateur psychoanalysis and on those who post all the nonfactual nonsense.

DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Still waiting for any proof of serpent mounds on hoax island (fiction from the fictional drama cable tv show does not count)....

When the mound in question was first "discovered", Archaeologist Laird Niven's first observation was that it was tailings from being pushed with a bulldozer by Fred Nolan or Dan Blankenship in the 1970's...the shape of the mound did not show enough erosion to be more than 50 years old. Artifacts and debris recovered support this idea: such items were found mixed together, or found side-by-side that were hundreds of years apart in age: a modern-made extruded nail found UNDER a 18th Century pottery shard, a crushed tin can alongside a fragment of charcoal dated at 1,600 years old, a .22 Winchester ("H") cartridge case found a foot beneath a fragment of blown glass (likely 18th-19th Century).

https://archeothoughts.wordpress.co...-a-serpent-mound-and-an-ancient-chinese-coin/

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When the mound in question was first "discovered", Archaeologist Laird Niven's first observation was that it was tailings from being pushed with a bulldozer by Fred Nolan or Dan Blankenship in the 1970's...the shape of the mound did not show enough erosion to be more than 50 years old. Artifacts and debris recovered support this idea: such items were found mixed together, or found side-by-side that were hundreds of years apart in age: a modern-made extruded nail found UNDER a 18th Century pottery shard, a crushed tin can alongside a fragment of charcoal dated at 1,600 years old, a .22 Winchester ("H") cartridge case found a foot beneath a fragment of blown glass (likely 18th-19th Century).

https://archeothoughts.wordpress.co...-a-serpent-mound-and-an-ancient-chinese-coin/

Yep...just a debris pile....

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I thought most everyone agreed to this already. I doubt the dirt/mounds were hauled very far to be dumped there so most likely came from the near by area where they are at, unless they had planned to sift thru it all and just never did...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread