Bdoon

Jan 19, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The brothers have a good thing going. If folks like Mel Fisher thought about this would they have announced so soon?

It is pretty obvious based on evidence inNew England and on Oak Island that Templar’s arrived maybe 200 years before Columbus and even prior to Basque fishermen. People do not drop Templar crucifixes typically. Nor do they spend weeks carving stones as a hoax.

If I won the lottery I would not announce on television and so I doubt the brothers would either

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
People do not drop Templar crucifixes typically. Nor do they spend weeks carving stones as a hoax.

It is NOT a Templar cross, and YES, people DO carve stones as a hoax. LMFAO

p.s. It is also not a crucifix

ginfest

Nov 23, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not doubting you but I must have missed the true explanation of the lead cross they supposedly found. Please elaborate and no I don't don't believe the Knights Templar visited OI.

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They found a piece of lead. It was cross shaped. It was more likely just a sinker from someone fishing.

That is the story.

Nothing at all suggests it has anything to do with Knights Templar.

It is completely unsupported falsehood for the Laginas to be claiming anything else...

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
It is pretty obvious based on evidence in New England and on Oak Island that Templar’s arrived maybe 200 years before Columbus and even prior to Basque fishermen...
What "obvious" evidence documents the Templars in New England and Oak Island?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nothing at all "obvious" about any Templar exposure in Nova Scotia or the "New World" . . . ever.

What is obvious to me is that Oak Island is a wild goose chase and the Lagainas/History Channel are profiting from stretching out the series but have produced no more than the 28 prior failed attempts in the last 225 years.

Basque fisherman? Certainly (they were fishing and charting the Grand Banks and Flemish Cap shoals before Columbus stumbled onto San Salvadore). Scandanavians? Likely (known to be close and settled in by 1,000 AD +/- at L'Anse Aux Meadows). Anyone burying anything of value? Dubious. Certainly not found in repeated attempts.

The only thing Oak Island has going for it is that it that a portion was up for sale recently where digging is allowed by the Gov't and not under sensible private ownership that would boot the despoilers the hell off. That and it has name recognition because of the Reader's Digest story in 1965 and the subsequent resturant placemats with "The Money Pit" mapped out on them. ;-)

Bunkum, humbug and balderdash.

But I'll recant the instant anything is found. Though I'm not too worried that will happen in my lifetime or anyone else's.

Last edited:

Robert_Dazzler

Apr 4, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing at all "obvious" about any Templar exposure in Nova Scotia or the "New World" . . . ever.

What is obvious to me is that Oak Island is a wild goose chase and the Lagainas/History Channel are profiting from stretching out the series but have produced no more than the 28 prior failed attempts in the last 225 years.

Basque fisherman? Certainly (they were fishing and charting the Grand Banks and Flemish Cap shoals before Columbus stumbled onto San Salvadore). Scandanavians? Likely (known to be close and settled in by 1,000 AD +/- at L'Anse Aux Meadows). Anyone burying anything of value? Dubious. Certainly not found in repeated attempts.

The only thing Oak Island has going for it is that it that a portion was up for sale recently where digging is allowed by the Gov't and not under sensible private ownership that would boot the despoilers the hell off. That and it has name recognition because of the Reader's Digest story in 1965 and the subsequent resturant placemats with "The Money Pit" mapped out on them. ;-)

Bunkum, humbug and balderdash.

But I'll recant the instant anything is found. Though I'm not too worried that will happen in my lifetime or anyone else's.

Were you wearing a monocle while you wrote that?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bah.

I was wearing my Pince-nez spectacles.

GettyImages-3281432-1000x715.jpg

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is pretty obvious based on evidence inNew England and on Oak Island that Templar’s arrived maybe 200 years before Columbus and even prior to Basque fishermen. People do not drop Templar crucifixes typically.

1. There is no evidence, in either NE or on OI, that indicates the Templars were there. None.

2. That lead cross is neither Templar nor a crucifix.

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am quite shocked there are still people out there that believe that this piece of lead is anything of significance. In one episode they showed the lead was from the same origin as the lead found from an old stained window (think that what is was) or something from an earlier settlers cottage remnants. Surely this tells people that someone found some more of it and melted it down for a sinker (or something)

Also that lead was found on top of all those structures that they dated the wood to the late 1750s (when the trees were cut down) so why would an lead artifact from hundreds of years earlier be laying on the ground above these structures.

I am amazed that anyone can still believe this piece of lead is of any historic significance at all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions