From an East Central Illinois THer

rayc50

Apr 11, 2008
East Central Illinois
Hey, all! I live about 23 miles west of the Illinois/Indiana line, just off I-70 (near the Old National Road)....Martinsville, Ill. I did an ancestry line on the Finley's. My grandfather was a Finley and nobody had ever done a tree on my side of the Finley line. Found out that my great great grandfather, William P. Finley, was born in Beaver Township, Noble County, Ohio. His father was James Finley and his mother was Charlotte (Eagon) Finley. Charlotte Eagon's parents were James Eagon and Margaret Star. Lost out on finding James Finley's parents. I know he died in 1859 and his wife, Charlotte remarried a Jacob Finley, who had lost his wife. Anyway, leading up to the fact that I plan on traveling to the Noble County area next spring (definitely after mushroom season) or early summer to do some follow up work on the Finley's. Will be bring my detector along and would enjoy hooking up with someone to do some detecting. If anyone's interested or has some connections to relatives, I'd be interested in hearing from you. HH Ray

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread