Potential Good spot near Akron

skylarking1970

Feb 17, 2009
Kent Read, Kent Write, Kent State!!!!!! Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum
Hi. There might be an interesting spot located real close to me that I thought someone might be interested in checking out. The only thing that I would like is for the person to check it out let me know what they found.

A little more research might need to be done to find the best location, and it would require searching in the water.

The location is in Brady Lake, Ohio (2 miles from Kent State)
Brady Lake is a nice size lake in a small lazy town. However from 1891-1944 there was a nice sized amusement park there. (you would never know if you are at the lake today)

I'm sure that there were swimming areas there, and a pier. With a small bit or research, you could probably find the location of the swimming areas and where the pier was. With a water proof detector, search the areas where people were swimming and where they might have lost things off of the pier.

Check out this link for pictures of the amusement park. www.toddgerber.net/PkBrady.htm

Thanks, and let me know if interested and what you found when the weather gets warmer!

steve from ohio

Aug 1, 2008
I've been there last week and the only place to detect is the open field which is the park.

That park used to be a trailer park and there is lots of trash in the ground. I found lots of copper pipe, and junk and very few coins.

A few wheaties and that was about it. The best area that I would love to hunt is near the lake but it is private property and is posted.

It has a great history...gambling and an amusement park....but it looks as if the area that is available to hunt was bulldozed and filled in with lots of trash.

I'd love to water detect the old beach area but it is private property and access is unavailable.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread