Ohio Minelab and Sun-ray dealer

buckeyehunter

Jan 29, 2005
Lancaster, Ohio
Detector(s) used
e-trac
Just wanted to let everyone know that I am a Minelab dealer in Lancaster Ohio. If you can make it to Lancaster I wont just sell you a metal detector, I will take you out with the ones you are interested in and get some detecting time on them to see how you like before you spend your hard earned money. cant make it all the way down to Lancaster but you know what you want? call me and I will give you a great deal.

Mike
(740) 415-6537

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
Hi Mike, I'll keep you in mind and let my club members know about you. I wonder if you or any of your customers dig privies in Lancaster. There are some nice beers and sodas from Lancaster and I've been very interested in doing a dig there. I wonder if you would be able to hook me up with someone interested in digging old bottles in Lancaster or if you know someone who owns a pre-1900 home in town that might allow a privy dig. Thanks, Steve
www.daytondigger.com
937-732-4407

Attachments

• DaytonDigger.gif
    DaytonDigger.gif
    13.7 KB · Views: 344
  • DaytonDigger.gif
    DaytonDigger.gif
    13.7 KB · Views: 337
OP
OP
buckeyehunter

buckeyehunter

Jan 29, 2005
Lancaster, Ohio
Detector(s) used
e-trac
Daytondigger, this is buckeyehunter from buckeyetreasurehunter. I have never done any privy digging but would love to sometime. Its funny you ask about it because I have been thinking about it a lot lately. I moved here from Dayton last year and my deed says 1900, I was surprised the house wasnt older because i am 3 blocks from the center of downtown and this is an OLD town... recently I found out that the courthouse burned down around 1900 and a lot of the deeds list the houses at 1900 so it might be older and i was wondering if there was every an outhouse here. If there was though, i am guessing it would have been where my garage now stands but not sure.

thanks for keeping me in mind, If you know anyone interested, I still get back to dayton now and then and more than happy to take people out and show them how the minelabs work.

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
Hi Mike, what you need to do is look at a Sanborn map of you property. The ones from Dayton are dated 1887 and 1898. The 1913 flood probably destroyed a lot of our records as well. A ton of homes in the area I'm digging are listed on the auditor's website as 1919, but there's houses with the same foot print(most of the time) on those lots. Greene county Ohio lists all homes from the 1800's(out in the country) as 1900. Bad record keeping, lack of record keeping, floods, fires etc. can make deeds unreliable. Look at the Sanborns. Try this link, http://www.oplin.org/databases/proxy/proxy.php?qurl=http://dmc.ohiolink.edu/oplinmap.htm
OPLIN on google if link doesn't work. You can sometimes see the outhouse on the map, not to mention see what the yard was like 100 plus years ago. Let me know if you want me to come down and show you how to do it.
Thanks, Steve

Attachments

• Dayton Breweries.jpg
    Dayton Breweries.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 322

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread