Could not believe my eyes....................

M

michigan michael

I went into Ohio yesterday for an evening hunt at a place called Rally by the River in Toledo OH. This place should be prime. They hold fireworks here every year. Bands perform here every weekend in the summer. Pretty hot spot. I got into it and spent an hour and a half cleaning up someone mess. This park looked like a golf driving field with debits everywhere plus small uncovered holes. :angry4: I thought this person really needs to learn a few things about detecting. I figured this had to be someone new. I got into hunting and realized that the person that was here before me was not a new person. I was finding pennies every other step or so. It was like this everywhere here. Not one nickle, dime or quarter only pennies. The person before me knew their detector and was just cherry picking. I thought an experienced person should know this type of behavior will get our hobby banned. Why do people have to be lazy? :icon_scratch:

dingode

Mar 28, 2007
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Toledo. Take a look at who they keep electing for Mayor here. We aren't the brightest banana's in the bunch. ;D For those interested, google Carty Finkbiener. Let me give you a head start, he once suggested moving the deaf people to out by the airport, as the noise wouldn't bother them. We, as of a few days ago, successfully recalled him with a petition campaign. he has 5 days to step down, or face a recall vote.

As soon as the housing market comes back, I'm moving from this armpit of a town.

On a better note, where in SE MI do you live? I work in Monroe, and have permission to hunt a older dance/event building in SE MI. The permission was granted a year ago, so I feel I would have to ask again before hunting it, but the owner was pretty cool.

Erin

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
well putting a housing complex for the deaf near a "noisy" airport makes sense? "since they can't hear the noise "--- (I bet he forgot all about the viberations the noise makes )--- whilethey might not be able hear it --bet they sure can "feel it" - they might be deaf --but he's stupid.

yes the butthead hunter guy clearly was running a cherry picking--- zinc cent out mode ( he might have missed indain head cents as they often ring up as zincs* )---he pulled old copper cents -- nickles / gold -clad and silver dimes quarters and halves --hes a one time clear out the goodie coins type slob hunter -- hit it and get it and git gone is their motto -- since he never plans to return to the same spot twice he doesn't care how he leaves a spot.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea some people just con't care how they leave a place. They go into a area and just dig and leave it. They go in and leave all pennies and pick out the better stuff. That park has been doing concert now for about 25 years I don't think there is really old stuff there. If I remember right there was some older building there that they torn down to make the park. I lived there and moved to the Northwest corner of OH 30 years ago. There is some nice places to detect there. If you would be intest in getting together for a hunt let me know as I always perfer to hunt with someone then hunting by myself...Matt

STH69

Bronze Member
Feb 17, 2009
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, ACE 250 with 9X12 coil
what an a@#$!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread