mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to another beach this morning and found $3.42 in clad, 2 rings a cheap one and a class ring, and 2 ear rings. After I got home and clean up the ring found the owner name on the net. Called her and she told me about losing it in the lake. Told her it was her lucky day. We meet tomorrow so I can return the ring to her......Matt

Attachments

• 100_6143.JPG
    100_6143.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 256
  • 100_6143.JPG
    100_6143.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 243

eldorado

Mar 19, 2009
Northwest OHIO
Detector(s) used
started out with compass nugget.1970? have had many over years, current choice is Garrett ACE 350. collection includes: ace 250, AT Pro, ATX, Whites 6000, whites classic, still have my compass too.
atta boy...........

tinkb

Feb 12, 2005
Salem Ohio
What year was the ring Mlayer and how long had it been sicne she lost it. Way to go on the ring and returning it. Can't wait to hear how your meeting goes on returning it.

THingfool

Feb 7, 2009
NE Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark,1280-x,Cortes, White's 6DB
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
WTG Matt. It is a pleasure to see look on someone's face when you return a lost class ring. They just have a hard time believing you found it and actually took the time to find them to return it. Keep up the good work. HH. :thumbsup:

Ed

OP
OP
mlayers

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I return the ring today. I was disappointed she did not show it was her dad that picked up the ring. There was no thank you or anything. He came up to me and ask if I was the one that found the ring and I told him yes. Then he said that she will be happy to get it back. I ask him how long ago did she lose it and he said about 8 years ago. So I am headed back for this lake on Sunday. If it been in the water for 8 years I am hoping there is more there. I proably still have about 3 or 4 days of good hunting at this area......Matt

tinkb

Feb 12, 2005
Salem Ohio
Matt, your fellow hunters know what a great thing it is you did. You could have went out, sold it for scrap and pocketed the money. Maybe the lady was worried about meeting someone she didn't know. Lots of scams out there these days. I am sure her father didn't show the emotion that she probably would have or will when she sees it again. When I return something I expect a reward but do expect a genuine thank you for my efforts. Good luck at the lake and hope you come back with some great finds. Maybe the MDing gods will shine on you for your good deed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread