New to MD and looking for info for my area.

Freth

Sep 4, 2010
Hello everyone. I just got my metal detector yesterday and I'm looking for information from seasoned hunters. I need to know what parks in central Ohio allow metal detecting, especially in the Delaware and Marion areas. Trying to get a straight answer from various forums is like pulling teeth. Thanks. :)

nadcarves

May 24, 2006
central ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
You could start with the buckeye treasre forum :hello:, there is a club :hello2: in Columbus, and a magazine on ohio treasure hunting :headbang:

blade310

Sep 25, 2010
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Atpro
Teknetics T2
Fisher CZ3D
Fisher F2
Hi Freth, I'm in your neck of the woods. When I go to hunt a park I call the local police department. They will give you a quick yes or no concerning the parks in their area.If you want to get together and hunt sometime let me know. I have wanted to try detecting for a long time and just got started last year. What type of detector did you get?

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
if you are going to hunt.. you need to be the one to call places and ask... dont rely on others to get you in places or do the leg work for you... I have hunted for over 20 yrs now... 3 top rules...

1. ALWAYS get permission.. every piece of ground belongs to someone.. and you cant listen for a beep when you are listening for a siren
2. ALWAYS pick up all trash!
3. ALWAYS fill in your holes!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread