mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK I thought I would throw this out to see if I can find some one that will take me and my brother out perch fishing. I have permission to hunt this area where Denmark, OH once was plus a Indian village was I will take you to this spot to detect and hunt for arrow heads. For a day out fishing on Lake Erie. we can not get in to detect until his crops comes off this fall. But If you would be intested in this deal shoot me a PM......Matt

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
Did you find anyone willing to take ya out? I'm assuming you're looking for someone around the Port Clinton/Western basin area?

OP
OP
mlayers

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope no takers yet I can go out anywhere from Toledo area out over to Lorian if I have to. I am willing to travel a couple of hours....Matt

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
my boat is on Catwaba Island....are u familiar with the area? I'm in a perch tournament next weekend:)

TabWhisperer

Mar 17, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
TDI SL, Equinox800, Whites XL Pro w/tone mod, Makro Racer, Whites IDX Pro w/Bills mods
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I used to take Millers Ferry from Catawba over to Put-In-Bay. I miss that. We stayed on PIB a few years ago. I'm living in Colorado now and there are not a lot of ferries and islands around here.

OP
OP
mlayers

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No Vibes I am not familiar with that area. But I got a GPS if I have a address I can find it. I wish you luck on your tournament......Matt

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
Jimbog said:
I used to take Millers Ferry from Catawba over to Put-In-Bay. I miss that. We stayed on PIB a few years ago. I'm living in Colorado now and there are not a lot of ferries and islands around here.

Ahhh...so Jimbog you KNOW the beauty of the area! And PIB is too much fun. I love the Ford boat/house...the Benson I think, that's attached to the side of the cliffs. It's a magical place!

OP
OP
mlayers

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Come on isn't there a taker on this. I am offering a hunt in a ghost town area and where a Indian village once stood. Hunt will be this fall after crops comes off field.......Matt

scott565

Apr 20, 2009
Hi Matt:
Did you arrange a perching expedition yet?
Is the Denmark you mention in Ashtabula County?
-Scott

OP
OP
mlayers

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No it is in Williams County......Matt

TabWhisperer

Mar 17, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
TDI SL, Equinox800, Whites XL Pro w/tone mod, Makro Racer, Whites IDX Pro w/Bills mods
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
vibes said:
Jimbog said:

Ahhh...so Jimbog you KNOW the beauty of the area! And PIB is too much fun. I love the Ford boat/house...the Benson I think, that's attached to the side of the cliffs. It's a magical place!

Nothing like the Beer Barrel on a weekend night. What a party.

OP
OP
mlayers

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I got out for some perch I got out from Catawba Island. It was a long day we left at 8a.m. and got done at 6p.m. there was 5 of us and we got 135 nice perch. We didn't think was going to do any good we only had 7 perch by 2:30 and we had moved 6 times. We made one more move and the fish was on. For 2 hours we caught over 100 then the fish just die off and it took another hour to catch the other 25 so it was time to leave. They invited me back for another trip hope in two weeks........Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread