Where to look for arrowheads in CINCINNATI?

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
any place along a river where theres a mixture of the following ---a high ground area next to a flat plain type area -the high ground is to live on (rain drainage = dry ground ) the plain area is for growing food crops and the river is for both food and travel as well as drinking water -- indain villages tended to be where these were .--arrowheads tended to be where indain lived & made them at.

fever87

Aug 16, 2009
Chesapeake, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705, Equinox 600, GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'd recommend checking the gravel banks of the Little Miami. Though I haven't lived in Cincy in 20 years I did research back then to find where indian settlements were documented and such. I recall that the river near Turpin was supposedly had such a settlement on its banks. Check the bank area near Lake Isabella. Back in the mid 80's some kids found a complete mammoth mandible in the creek that runs parallel to Reading Rd (south of Glendale-Milford Rd). They were searching for golf balls next to driving range when they came across the find. My thought is that if there is items of that age in that creek then other items (clovis points maybe?) might be there as well. There were several books written between 1880 and 1900 that note local finds though I can't recall the titles (the main library downtown Cinti had them). As a matter of fact there is a street downtown called Mound St due to an indian mound that once stood there. Oh, and don't forget checking the banks of the Ohio. Folks are always find stuff there. I found arrowheads on the banks of the Whitewater River while canoeing down from Brookville (IN). Sorry I can't give you something more concrete but, as I said, I haven't lived there in 20 years.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread