Tenderfoot
Mar 24, 2013
Sugarcreek, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tuscarawas county

hello, im slightly new to the metal detecting scene and im just wondering about any good spots in the stark county or surrounding areas? thanks,
I'm also new to detecting and live down by dover. If you ever want someone to go out with you let me know. jeromeputnam@rocket mail.com

Rick66

Dec 18, 2013
Canton ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites xlt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, brand new to the site. Been detecting on and off for 20 years. Like to get back into it again come spring. I know where there are some barn and house foundations if someone wants to go with me. I've known about them for along time but never got the time. I do live in canton, these sites are in southern stark/northern Tusc co.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T Net guys. This is a great place to learn and meet other that have the same interest as you. If you don't mine someone from the north of Ohio to join youin a day hunt drop me a PM I am always looking to get out and do some hunting. Never really like hunting alone never know what can happen.

WannaB

Dec 28, 2013
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys. Canton here. Looking to buy AT Pro soon then hitting the dirt.

banderOH

Greenie
Jul 19, 2011
Hartville,OH
Detector(s) used
Ace250, BH
Hello - Hartville here. There is a little railroad car and artistic gallery down in the square of hartville. The owner allowed me to detect around the railroad there a couple of years ago (he is a history buff). Too much iron for my cheaper detector though. There are also some older parks around Uniontown area. My best finds have been in my own yard though. Anybody know if there are any good spots in North Canton?

offtrail

Apr 28, 2014
Ohio
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
massillon Ohio here, always looking for buddy's to hunt with and share new places. That goes both ways share and share alike.

Dennisjf12

Dec 18, 2014
Massillon, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pin Pointer AT, Garrett bags
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi offtrail
I just bought a AT Pro for X Mas, and live in Massillon Ohio, I live in Rolling Hills Trailer Park off 27 th & Bison, and I am a Newbie, there are acres of woods, and acres of farmers fields and streams all around where I live, and am looking for someone to hunt with in the in the spring.
Thank you Dennisjf12

Dennisjf12

Dec 18, 2014
Massillon, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pin Pointer AT, Garrett bags
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Massillon Ohio here, just bought a AT Pro and I am a Newbie and I am looking someone to hunt with in the spring, I have plenty of places to hunt around my house, but don't yet know how good they are two of the woods I have checked are growed up real bad, the woods I think get into with my riding mower and mow down some of the weeds another set of wood is open and clear of weeds but you need walk down a steep hill and across a stream, both woods don't yet know who the owners are, another set of woods, I know the owner, but have not yet checked out the woods, I will do what I can before spring, so that when the nice weather gets here, I am ready, I am a little overweight but hope lose it come spring with all the walking, weather hunting by myself or with someone else, my home is surrounded by acres of woods, streams and farmers woods, the towpath is about a half mile from my house. hope to hear from some of you

offtrail

Apr 28, 2014
Ohio
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry been off here for A while, how did you do last spring/ Anyhow if your still looking for a buddy to hunt with let me know as spring is right around the corner.

ericfox

Jan 5, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If anyone still around that wants to hunt sometime - I'm in Uniontown/Hartville area. I do have some experience

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to Tnet folks, I am in lower Lorain county. I recommend you hunt your own properties first and then friends and relatives especially if their houses ar from the 1950's or earlier. Make sure you practice digging undetectable plugs and then after all that go door knocking in the older parts of town. Most of my best finds came from old home permissions where the homes were built in the early to late 1800's. Just know that people have been detecting since the 1970s and that if the site you are interested in is on a main thoroughfare, it has more than likely been detected. You will have better odds of finding a virgin site on the side streets.

Good Luck and Happy Hunting

If your ever going to be up in my area, PM me, I do hunt almost every weekend when the ground is not frozen or the snow is not too deep.

MARife

Dec 16, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are there any metal detecting clubs in Stark County or northeast Ohio?

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-Net!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread