piqua ohio

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ohionewbie. We waited on you until 10:45. Did you forget to set your clock back?

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well, how did you guys do?

Ohionewbie

Oct 22, 2006
I am so sorry Kas. We had a minor stuation with my step son's dad and had to go pick him up this morning in Hamilton. I would've given anything to go and be part of the action but it just wasn't possible. I am glad that Mike was able to get out there. So did you guys have any success? Any major finds? If you do plan on returning anytime soon, I would love to go. Well hope to hear from ya soon.

six

Tenderfoot
Nov 5, 2007
Ashley Ohio
Detector(s) used
MXT
Hello every one I am new to this site and kinda new to MD. Just wanted to introduce my self.
I live in Ashley about 15 min. north of Delaware off of 42.
If you are ever looking for any one to detect with let me know.[[email protected]]

Ohionewbie

Oct 22, 2006
Hey, Kas, I was reading your reply in the other post. I have the next 7 days off, so if you plan on going back out there soon just let me know.

GroundSnooper

Mar 10, 2007
St. Paris, Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, XLT, MXT, GMT. Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys made some nice finds in the field. Congrats! Mike did you ever get the XLT figured out?

FinderFrank

Sep 28, 2006
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
EXPLORER SE
Hey tcmblane,I see you are in St. Paris.I hit Veterans park in St .Paris last week.I found a couple of wheats.It looks like that park might have some history. Do you have any idea how old that park is?

Thanks,Frank

GroundSnooper

Mar 10, 2007
St. Paris, Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Finderfrank, I don't know for sure but the village goes back to the late 1830's. I have hit the park several times but have not found anything significant. I got permission from the Mayor to try and avoid any issues and still got the cops called on me :). Nosy old folks got nothing better to do I guess. Cops just made an appearance to satisfy the complainers. I go back occasionally just to tick em off! :)

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ohionewbie. I think I'm going to hit a farm field about 15 miles west of me this weekend if the weather is decent. The field had a log cabin on it. Lots of crock pottery and glass laying around. Hope to find some old coins this week. I might get back out to the field we hit the week after, just depends.

Ken

Ohionewbie

Oct 22, 2006
Hey Kas, sounds exciting. If you'll have me, I'll be there. Just tell me where and when. After we dropped the kids off at school yesterday my fiance and I headed up to Piqua to take a look at the plaques that are up there, followed the Great Miami to Sidney, turned around and headed through St. Paris then to Urbana to see Simon Kenton's grave. It was a nice little historic drive for us. It was also pretty exciting to be at the grave of one of the more notable frontiersman. To think of all the things he had done and accomplished and how he had helped pave the way for millions of people in the Kentucky and Ohio lands and I was within 20 feet of him. Amazing. The sad thing is that I feel most people don't take the time to realize what he and his contemporaries have done for us. There is one question I have. Does anyone know why he was first buried in Logan County then exhumed in the middle 1800s to be taken to Urbana? Well, Kas just let me know a time and a place and I'll make itTHIS TIME. lol. Well, talk to ya later.

GroundSnooper

Mar 10, 2007
St. Paris, Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kas, I saw someone teckin at the Springview or springvalley school just east of walmart on 36 couple of weeks ago, was that you by chance?

Ohionewbie, I live in ST. Paris. Should have brought your detector.

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope, wasn't me. I usually only hunt spots I research. Plenty of places no one has ever hit that way.

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ohionewbie, heres the best info i could find. it still doesnt say why.
Kenton moved to the Zanesfield, Ohio, around 1820. During the last years of his life, Kenton lived in poverty because of land ownership disputes and mismanagement of his money. He survived on a government pension of twenty dollars a month. In 1836, Kenton died in Logan County near Zanesfield and was buried there. In 1865, his remains were moved to Urbana. The state of Ohio constructed a monument to mark his grave in 1884.

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
indiantrade said:
Hey guys,
I have been relic hunting this area of Ohio for many years and want to post some pictures of what I have found. Tried at least 4 times just can't figure it out.
Indiantrade
You may need to re-size them in a paint program. If they're too big they won't post.

There is a test area for pics and instruction on how to do it on the main page. here's the link.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/board,198.0.html

Ken

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, some nice knives and stuff.

I'm a coinshooter mostly, but when I find a site that is more relic filled I switch modes. I hunt in a mixed-mode so I can hear all the signals on farm sites and fields. In that mode it reports both coins and relic items.

Anyway, good to hear you're close by. Maybe we can get together this year and hunt. If you have any farm sites let me know. I have a couple fields to hunt, too.

Ken

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, I'm up right next to Johnstons farm. By the airstrip. More than likely less than 500 yards from where the fort stood.

I've hunted the mill. It blew over in the wind. Never found much there, though.

Ohionewbie

Oct 22, 2006
Hey hows it goin guys? Glad to see people are still replying to this topic. Remember, if you plan on heading out to that area again, Im still game. Hey Indiantrader, in the second pic you posted what is the large, dark circular object you found? And what about those beads? Did you find them intact like that or just thrown about?

indiantrade

Feb 10, 2008
Detector(s) used
White's 5900, Fisher 660, Garret
Hey everyone,
Sorry I removed my previous posts.
I'm still here though. Please ask questions or concerns if you have any.
Ken, I would like to hook up sometime being that you live so close and maybe talk a little if you would like.
IndianTrade

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread